The Experts - New YouTube Game Show

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Alan_B
Loyal Jeopardista

Re: The Experts - New YouTube Game Show

Post by Alan_B »

Your other two Hardest Questions in the World in BILLY JOEL vs. THE LORD OF THE RINGS vs. SPICE GIRLS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqxGrvo ... fCo3w8q2mV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2b0CH9 ... fCo3w8q2mV
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

Alan_B wrote:Your other two Hardest Questions in the World in BILLY JOEL vs. THE LORD OF THE RINGS vs. SPICE GIRLS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqxGrvo ... fCo3w8q2mV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2b0CH9 ... fCo3w8q2mV
I got the same 4 towers that Michael got. Should have gotten the 5th, but would never have gotten the last.
ElendilPickle
ToC Enabler

Post by ElendilPickle »

Alan_B wrote:Our next episode features two J! veterans -- Eric Barela, a Season 23 3-time champion, and the redoubtable Michael Rooney, a 5-time champ in 1999 and a ToC and UToC competitor.

That makes me feel even better about my perfect score for Lord of the Rings. :D
WooWho?
Jeopardy! Almost-Champion

Post by WooWho? »

I'm slated to appear in the next cycle of taping. Can't wait!

One thing I've seen people do with multi-part series like these is having the next part be a video response to the part before it. While I can appreciate having the next round button in the video itself, I do remember being stuck one time after the video had technically ended and couldn't find the link to the next part. For purely navigational purposes, that could be helpful.

I'm thoroughly enjoying the shows that I've seen, though!
アタックチャンス!
ihavejeoprosy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by ihavejeoprosy »

Do you post the unused questions from the second round? I would love to see all of them for each topic. Particularly the ones about The Wire.
Also, when does the nest season begin?
Please follow me on Twitter @Cinjeopardy
Total game show losings: $25 K
Alan_B
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by Alan_B »

Hi, Jeoprosy! We're in the process right now of figuring out how to best use those Round 2 questions. We tried a 10-question quiz on YouTube with our first few episodes, but couldn't figure out how to make the video format work with questions and answers. We want to work out a fun new format for extra questions to coincide with the launch of Season 2. Thanks for asking!

We return in a week and a half --- April 29th --- with GLEE vs. BREAKING BAD vs. RESIDENT EVIL.

Sign up for our weekly newsletter at areyouanexpert@gmail.com and you'll find out about everything that's coming up. Thanks!
ihavejeoprosy

Post by ihavejeoprosy »

Alan_B wrote:Hi, Jeoprosy! We're in the process right now of figuring out how to best use those Round 2 questions. We tried a 10-question quiz on YouTube with our first few episodes, but couldn't figure out how to make the video format work with questions and answers. We want to work out a fun new format for extra questions to coincide with the launch of Season 2. Thanks for asking!

We return in a week and a half --- April 29th --- with GLEE vs. BREAKING BAD vs. RESIDENT EVIL.

Sign up for our weekly newsletter at areyouanexpert@gmail.com and you'll find out about everything that's coming up. Thanks!
Thnx. If there was some way you could have a multiple choice quiz with the leftover questions it could be fun.
Too bad I know nothing of the upcoming topics despite the breaking bad evangelicals taking every opportunity to get people to watch
pdano
Valued Contributor

Post by pdano »

I was scheduled to tape on an LA visit but it fell through. In case it happens later somehow, I'm keeping the topic confidential, but it would have been AWESOME.
Alan_B
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by Alan_B »

I can vouch for him --- AWESOME.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

And you two aren't going to fill us in. Yeesh.
Alan_B
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by Alan_B »

Let's just say after we had to cancel his tapeday --- WE ARE NEVER EVER GETTING BACK TOGETHER
ihavejeoprosy

Post by ihavejeoprosy »

Alan_B wrote:Let's just say after we had to cancel his tapeday --- WE ARE NEVER EVER GETTING BACK TOGETHER
If thats a clue, I have an idea of what it could be.......
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

ihavejeoprosy wrote:
Alan_B wrote:Let's just say after we had to cancel his tapeday --- WE ARE NEVER EVER GETTING BACK TOGETHER
If thats a clue, I have an idea of what it could be.......
It's not. Alan just likes ALL CAPS. :)
ElendilPickle
ToC Enabler

Post by ElendilPickle »

You knew he was trouble when he walked in?
okstater04
Jeopardy! Contestant

Post by okstater04 »

I can't wait to watch season two BEGIN AGAIN.
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

Alan_B wrote:Hi, Jeoprosy! We're in the process right now of figuring out how to best use those Round 2 questions. We tried a 10-question quiz on YouTube with our first few episodes, but couldn't figure out how to make the video format work with questions and answers. We want to work out a fun new format for extra questions to coincide with the launch of Season 2. Thanks for asking!

Waaaahh!!! I'm still in Season 3 for Breaking Bad. It's going to be a while before I can watch this one. I hate spoilers.
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

ihavejeoprosy wrote:Thnx. If there was some way you could have a multiple choice quiz with the leftover questions it could be fun.
Now that's an interesting idea! Put the quizzes on Sporcle. Can the Expert beat me if I'm spotted four answer choices for each question? In fact, get each Expert to help by suggesting what the three wrong answer choices should be for each.
whoisalexjacob
2015 TOC'er

Post by whoisalexjacob »

Was treated to an advance screening of the season 2 premiere. Start getting excited! This one is a doozy. Congrats Alan!
Alan_B
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by Alan_B »

Here's our Season 2 opener!

This week's twist -- our BREAKING BAD expert is the real-life pianist on Glee (is there such a thing as a real-life anything on Glee?)

thejeopardyfan
(Unranked)

Post by thejeopardyfan »

Board favorite (okay, one of my favorites), the indomitable saintanthony, is writing Experts Show recaps for thejeopardyfan. The first one's here.