Fun with avatars

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

bpmod
Rank

Re: Fun with avatars

Post by bpmod »

OK. 1000 quatloos to the first person who identifies the problem (but first you have to find what picture(s) has/have the problem).

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
Paucle
Trekardy! Writer

Post by Paucle »

the one with the windmill- the windsocks are all indicating a decent breeze, but the windmill isn't spinning. I stared at it long enough to be sure, too, those sails are static.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

Paucle wrote:the one with the windmill- the windsocks are all indicating a decent breeze, but the windmill isn't spinning. I stared at it long enough to be sure, too, those sails are static.
Plus, the flag on the left in the windmill pic is out of date
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

Paucle wrote:the one with the windmill- the windsocks are all indicating a decent breeze, but the windmill isn't spinning. I stared at it long enough to be sure, too, those sails are static.
Keep looking.
dhkendall wrote:Plus, the flag on the left in the windmill pic is out of date
Keep looking.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

Paucle
Trekardy! Writer

Post by Paucle »

oh! I think Big Ben/ the Clock is missing from that one tower!
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

bpmod wrote:
Keep looking.

Brian
WEll, it *is* ;)

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

dhkendall wrote:
bpmod wrote:
Keep looking.

Brian
WEll, it *is* ;)
I can't even see a flag in that picture. I see the windsocks. Do you even know what flag it is? (like I would suspect you of not knowing -- but I don't know)

Brian

jeff6286
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by jeff6286 »

I can't even seem to find a picture with a flag or a windmill, as no matter how many times I reload I'm just getting the Statue of Liberty. Have you updated your roster of pictures in the last 12 hours? The first issue I saw was that the Statue of Liberty appears to be holding the torch in the wrong hand, but I don't know why that would be a problem. I'm sure her arms get tired and she has to switch it up every now and then.
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

jeff6286 wrote:I can't even seem to find a picture with a flag or a windmill, as no matter how many times I reload I'm just getting the Statue of Liberty. Have you updated your roster of pictures in the last 12 hours? The first issue I saw was that the Statue of Liberty appears to be holding the torch in the wrong hand, but I don't know why that would be a problem. I'm sure her arms get tired and she has to switch it up every now and then.
Not in the last 12 hours or so. Wait! Maybe I have. I took some pictures (without the problem in question) out of rotation for a while, then put them back in.

Are you sure it's the Statue of Liberty you saw?

Brian

jeff6286
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by jeff6286 »

bpmod wrote:
jeff6286 wrote:I can't even seem to find a picture with a flag or a windmill, as no matter how many times I reload I'm just getting the Statue of Liberty. Have you updated your roster of pictures in the last 12 hours? The first issue I saw was that the Statue of Liberty appears to be holding the torch in the wrong hand, but I don't know why that would be a problem. I'm sure her arms get tired and she has to switch it up every now and then.
Not in the last 12 hours or so. Wait! Maybe I have. I took some pictures (without the problem in question) out of rotation for a while, then put them back in.

Are you sure it's the Statue of Liberty you saw?

Brian
It certainly appeared to be, but maybe it's just some weird Canadian version that holds the torch in the other hand, eh?
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

jeff6286 wrote:
bpmod wrote:Are you sure it's the Statue of Liberty you saw?

Brian
It certainly appeared to be, but maybe it's just some weird Canadian version that holds the torch in the other hand, eh?
In all fairness, I need to award you the 1000 quatloos, but I just wanted to yank your chain for a bit.

I really wanted to wait and see how long it took before somebody mentioned it, but I am nowhere near that patient, so I put it out there as a challenge.

Brian

Paucle
Trekardy! Writer

Post by Paucle »

so jeff never saw a windmill, and I never saw Lady Liberty. And now all I see is the Space Needle. but someone stole most of Seattle. I'll bet it was those Japanese.
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

Paucle wrote:so jeff never saw a windmill, and I never saw Lady Liberty. And now all I see is the Space Needle. but someone stole most of Seattle. I'll bet it was those Japanese.
Space Needle? None of my pics shows the Space Needle.

BTW, Paucle, what is shown in your avatar?

Brian

Paucle
Trekardy! Writer

Post by Paucle »

I was joking- there's something vaguely resembling the Needle, but not in any type of city setting.
Mine's DS9.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

Paucle wrote:I was joking- there's something vaguely resembling the Needle, but not in any type of city setting.
Mine's DS9.
CN Tower
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
Paucle
Trekardy! Writer

Post by Paucle »

Yeah, that's what I said, I was seein' a tower.
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

Paucle wrote:I was joking- there's something vaguely resembling the Needle, but not in any type of city setting.
Mine's DS9.
Not in any type of city setting? OK. I know it's no L.A. or NYC, but c'mon!

Is this the one we are talking about?

Brian

dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

bpmod wrote:
dhkendall wrote:
WEll, it *is* ;)
I can't even see a flag in that picture. I see the windsocks. Do you even know what flag it is? (like I would suspect you of not knowing -- but I don't know)

Brian
Well, I thought that the smallest windsock was a flag, and I was making a joke on my vexillological abilities (i.e. "even though it's so far away, I can instantly tell it's out of date!") I probably could, but my eyesight isn't that great (my avatar doesn't wear glasses for show, you know!) and that is probably why I mistook a windsock for a flag at a distance (should have known that if one was a windsock, the rest would be ... )

bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

dhkendall wrote:Well, I thought that the smallest windsock was a flag, and I was making a joke on my vexillological abilities (i.e. "even though it's so far away, I can instantly tell it's out of date!") I probably could, but my eyesight isn't that great (my avatar doesn't wear glasses for show, you know!) and that is probably why I mistook a windsock for a flag at a distance (should have known that if one was a windsock, the rest would be ... )
So, the real question, mr. vexillologist, is, if it were a flag, what would it be a flag of?

Brian

Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

bpmod wrote:
dhkendall wrote:Well, I thought that the smallest windsock was a flag, and I was making a joke on my vexillological abilities (i.e. "even though it's so far away, I can instantly tell it's out of date!") I probably could, but my eyesight isn't that great (my avatar doesn't wear glasses for show, you know!) and that is probably why I mistook a windsock for a flag at a distance (should have known that if one was a windsock, the rest would be ... )
So, the real question, mr. vexillologist, is, if it were a flag, what would it be a flag of?

Brian
Fabric!
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)