FJs for the 6/27/11 week

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Which FJs did you solve correctly for the 6/27/11 week?

Poll ended at Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:59 pm

Please check this box if you are voting in the poll.
98%
In 2007 Robstown, near Corpus Christi, was recognized as the birthplace of this game, now played online too
70%
The last time the University of Michigan retired a football number was in 1994, in honor of this center who graduated in 1935
84%
It was saved from destruction by a poem submitted to the Boston Daily Advertiser in September 1830
39%
50 Cent pieces issued in 2003 by this country depict Frodo, Gandalf, Gollum, Sauron & Aragorn
93%
She described her work as "human nature in the midland counties" & involving "three or four familes in a country village"
72%
:) :) :) :) :) I checked all five above.
23%
ROMAN 'ROUND MYTHOLOGY $1000: This blacksmith was lame--physically, not mythically--the only physically imperfect major Roman god
72%
LITERATURE $1600: Rowena has Saxon the brain in this 1819 work by Sir Walter Scott
75%
ON WISCONSIN $1200: Wisconsin borders these 2 Great Lakes
80%

Total votes: 61

Uncle Jeff
Resident phpBB Programmer

Re: FJs for the 6/27/11 week

Post by Uncle Jeff »

alietr wrote:I believe this is the code that calculates the percentages. If someone who knows code better than me is able to figure out how to get the percentages to calculate like they used to, I will implement the change. Thanks for any help!

Code: Select all

foreach ($poll_info as $poll_option)
   {
      $option_pct = ($poll_total > 0) ? $poll_option['poll_option_total'] / $poll_total : 0;
      $option_pct_txt = sprintf("%.1d%%", round($option_pct * 100));
      );
   }
The fix requires more data. Where is poll_total counted? Maybe it needs to count one per voter instead of one per option. Either that, or there might be another variable called something like voter_total. I'd need to hunt around in various parts of the polling code to suggest the best way to fix it.
In a free society, the most local level of government is the individual citizen
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

:mrgreen: :( :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:( :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Grr...28th not up on the Archive yet, DVR failed to record it, I was hoping I'd've gotten it right so I'd have a 17 straight FJs...but no...down to 12 straight now.
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
BoK
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by BoK »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :x
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Jane Austen was an instaget on Friday. Unfortunately, I convinced myself to change to George Eliot before the music ended.
cinemaniax7
Humble Pi

Post by cinemaniax7 »

:) :) :) :) :)
:) :) :)