Calling All TOCers Class of 1994

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Calling All TOCers Class of 1994

Post by MarkBarrett »

I sorted the players by money won in regular play.

Steve Chernicoff (5 wins) $83,902 (semis)
John Cuthbertson (5) $82,400 (semis)
Amy Fine (5) $72,803 (quarters)
Bill Pitassy (5) $72,702 (semis)
Jean Grewe (5) $62,801 (semis)
Brian Moore (5) $62,002 (semis)
Tom Nichols (5) 57,680 (quarters)
Fred Frank (4) $52,699 (quarters)
Kurt Bray (5) $51,100 (semis)
David Venderbush (5) $50,800 (quarters)
David Hillinck (4) $47,401 (finals 3rd)
Rachael Schwartz (4) $37,499 (finals winner)
Matt Morris (T) $29,601 (quarters)
Jeff Stewart (C) $25,000 (finals 2nd)
Bart Thomas (S) $25,000 (quarters)

Gold chances for the 45: Rachael Schwartz

Silver chances for the 45: John Cuthbertson, Steve Chernicoff and Brian Moore

Bronze chances for the 45: Jeff Stewart

Copper chances for the 45: Amy Fine

Tin chances for the 45: The remaining 9

Rachael was the first woman to win the TOC. She was invited to the M$M. In the UTOC she had a solid showing in second place against Michael Rankins. I cannot imagine first round exits in both the M$M and UTOC will be enough to keep her out.

John was Super Six in the UTOC.

Steve has played 10 games of J! and has led all ten going into the FJ round? I know he's 5/5 between the TOC and UTOC and I'm pretty sure he led all of his regular games as well? Steve is another player over age 60, but his score over 100 points in the WQC this weekend shows he has game left.

In the TOC Brian was good not great with a wildcard and third place exit in the semis. Brian joined Steve in the Elite 18 of the UTOC and Brian put up some huge numbers in his first two wins of that tournament

The list for college champs making the finals of the TOC is very short. Jeff bet and lost all of his money on the first day FJ clue and almost managed to make up the deficit in day two. Jeff Stewart had a brutal draw in the UTOC getting the mighty Michael Daunt in the first round.

Amy's 5x total of $72,803 got her into the 1994 TOC. No other woman won as much (accounting for post doubling totals halved) in five games until Larissa Kelly who played in the 2009 TOC. The strikes for Amy are first round exits in both the TOC and UTOC or she would be in Bronze.

Usually I will at least put any TOC finalist in the Bronze or Copper section. For David Hillinck I don't think the numbers or performance even get him there.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Re: Calling All TOCers Class of 1994

Post by seaborgium »

Kurt Bray is in rare company as someone who won his ToC QF from third place in a game that produced no wild cards. I'll say who the other one is when we get there (if no one else does before then).