A Movie Quiz to Pass the Time

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

RandyG
Founder of the Royal House of JBoardie of the Month

Re: A Movie Quiz to Pass the Time

Post by RandyG »

Woppy T wrote:
the_phil wrote:I'm Not There - based on Bob Dylan, played by Heath Ledger, Cate Blanchett, Christian Bale, and a few others I can't come up with
I don't think this counts as a "biopic," but then again, I don't know how I would describe it. The actors aren't playing Dylan himself, but rather each plays a character representing a particular time of Dylan's life.
It is a different kind of animal, but I still would classify it as a biopic. But, as I didn't recognize before, since the characters are not named Dylan, it doesn't qualify based on an original quiz condition. (Similar ruling on "Fear and Loathing...") I included the condition to avoid the "is it or isn't it" question with movies like "Citizen Kane," although that wouldn't qualify for other reasons, as the character's name is in the title as well as it not being officially intended as a bio.
jeff6286 wrote: On IMDB you can use tags to come up with a list of all movies that are tagged with sequel and biography: http://www.imdb.com/keyword/sequel/?tit ... =biography
OMG! I never realized that IMDB had all those advanced search capabilities... and I use it all the time. (D'Oh!) Thx! :D
Magna wrote:If the four-title limit is past.....
Good idea.
Paucle wrote:what about The Babe with John Goodman as George Herman Ruth?
Before you posted this I was reconsidering "The Hurricane," as the nickname Hurricane could equally be considered part of Rubin Carter's name. But the "The" in the title changes the meaning from it being a name... and offhand, I'd say "The Babe" fits the same reasoning.... maybe.
mitchparov
Worst Buzzer Player Ever

Post by mitchparov »

How about The Last King of Scotland, Idi-Amin Dada, Forest Whitaker? It's a bit of a close call, but I'd count it...
whoisalexjacob
2015 TOC'er

Post by whoisalexjacob »

Good thread! I'll pitch in my 4:

Somebody Up There Likes Me, Rocky Graziano, Paul Newman
Heart Like A Wheel, Shirley Muldowney, ?
Auto Focus, Bob Crane, Greg Kinnear
Private Parts, Howard Stern, Howard Stern