Familiar Face on "The Chase" (Spoilers for The Chase)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

legendneverdies
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Familiar Face on "The Chase" (Spoilers for The Chase)

Post by legendneverdies »

cutlaaah wrote:According to the staff at auditions, 13 episodes were taped.
One episode from this season will air on or around December 1st to coincide with GSN's 20th anniversary. Wink Martindale will be making an appearance on that episode.
Austin Powers

Post by Austin Powers »

Is the plan to have Wink miss a bunch of questions, limp into the Final Chase round, and then get made fun of on Twitter by the show when Labbett "humiliates" his team 15-14?
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

MarkBarrett wrote:Props to Brooke Burns for being able to read her way through the Naked Chef/stroganoff question while staying composed.
Agreed!

Also, has that 5-second rule ever been mentioned before? I don't recall it being and it just so happens to make a difference. So, I figure either, a) they taped the explanation afterwards and dropped it in at that point or, more likely, b) they always mention but don't actually mention it if it has no bearing on the game.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Crud. You can't audition for this round if you already auditioned this year.
UniquePerspective

Post by UniquePerspective »

...really? Well that's kinda silly, unless it's going to continue as part of "season 3." If that's the case I get it, but otherwise not so much. Especially in my case, where I didn't even make it past the test.
Austin Powers

Post by Austin Powers »

The audition team seems stupid. You could probably try out again the same day and they wouldn't notice.
jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 »

Austin Powers wrote:The audition team seems stupid. You could probably try out again the same day and they wouldn't notice.
I may have said something very similar to this when I realized that they are coming to Indianapolis in October after I drove to Chicago in April
legendneverdies

Post by legendneverdies »

Spoiler
James Jeff and Jamie were the three players. All three made it to the final round, with James going for the bigger offer with $75K and Jeff getting every question right in the cash builder except one for $60K. Bank worth $175K, and James got most of the 23 questions in their half of the FInal Chase, only one was missed, and was one gotten right but not by the player who buzzed in. So the beast has to get 26(the team got a 3 point head start as all three players made it to the final round)The beast got six questions wrong in his 55 seconds, and the contestants got all six right, pushing the beast back to zero with 1:05 left on the clock. After three more pushbacks by the team, the beast only got to nine. You ain't seeing the US final Chase played this well very often.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

They finally had some decent players and the questions were easy. Beast choked under the pressure.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

If James has ever auditioned for J! and not been picked then the CCs are crazy. If he has been on, then let me know who he is so I can see in the archive how his game(s) went.
Spoiler
If I'm James or Jeff and Jamie's jumping in with acupressure had allowed the Beast to win by one she would have needed WITSEC. As it was nothing mattered and I can see why this was selected as the season finale. The stacks of Qs for the Final Chase were not even close for similar difficulty level.

The Beast may have saved the show about $90,000 as I agreed with James that the $120,000 offer was not high enough based on his cash builder. I think may have gone for the higher amount if it was $150K.
Paucle
Trekardy! Writer

Post by Paucle »

I think that answers my question that I've been wondering about: can they counter on either offer?
billiej

Post by billiej »

Did anyone here attend auditions this past weekend (DC and Houston)? I auditioned for Season 2 and if you passed the test, and subsequent questioning, they held you over to the next day. Are they doing the same thing this year? I'm just wondering if I need to book a hotel room in Boston next month or not.
cinemaniax7
Humble Pi

Post by cinemaniax7 »

I think we've found the next Andy Richter for Celebrity Jeopardy! The affable Seamus Dever, who plays Kevin Ryan on Castle, killed it on The Chase this week.
ShannaLaffs
Contributor

Post by ShannaLaffs »

So by the way, I filmed an episode of The Chase a couple weeks ago. I have no idea when my episode will air (though it definitely wasn't the one they previewed for next week), but I will keep you all updated. I had a good time and everyone at the audition and in LA was very nice. but the whole process from the interview to the taping was very disorganized and spur of the moment. However, I will never argue with a few days in LA so that I can be on TV ;) After the show airs, I will be happy to talk more about my experiences, if anyone interested.
This is what I do when I am not looking at law books.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Fellow alum Seamus was awesome!
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Holy crap on a cracker, how did these people even pass the test? There were so many easy questions they missed. I had Mark beating her in at most 1:15; he did it in 0:46.
TomKBaltimoreBoy
Lucky to be Here

Post by TomKBaltimoreBoy »

You don't want to know what I think about their screening process.
Life IS pain, Princess. Anyone telling you differently is selling something.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

TomKBaltimoreBoy wrote:You don't want to know what I think about their screening process.
Seems to be fairly straightforward: (at least recently) if you're good, you don't get on.
billiej

Post by billiej »

TomKBaltimoreBoy wrote:You don't want to know what I think about their screening process.

(like)
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

econgator wrote:
Seems to be fairly straightforward: (at least recently) if you're good, you don't get on.
So this won't be Ken Jennings' next stop on his grand tour of game shows?