TD180: Ice Hockey(IIHF/NHL)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Re: TD180: Ice Hockey(IIHF/NHL)

Post by Woof »

Great game, wallzy, and my congratulations to the podiumites. It's good to see that I'm not the only hockey forum in this forum.
dude33

Post by dude33 »

Was about 80% sure Koivu won, decided to go for the drop instead.
At least I didn't pick Manitoba (tossed that one around for a bit, thinking "nobody's heard of Brandon, right?")

Thanks for a fun game, and congrats to Skullturf on the win!
dnbguy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by dnbguy »

Thanks for the game!
naurae29
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by naurae29 »

skullturf wrote:Thanks for the game!
First you win the Canada TD and now the hockey one... I see a pattern. My money's on you for TD 1867: Moose and Maple Syrup.
amorris525
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by amorris525 »

Thanks for the great game!
jjwaymee

Post by jjwaymee »

Very nice game wallzy.
RandyG
Founder of the Royal House of JBoardie of the Month

Post by RandyG »

Thanks Wallzy-O! And huzzahs for our podiumanders of the week!

Definitely one of my weirdest TD outcomes. In only one question did I score anything in a middle range; all others were either Sheep, Singletons, 1 down from the Sheep, or 1 up from a Singleton.
Lefty

Post by Lefty »

Turd Ferguson wrote:I wasn't sure, off the top of my head, how many times the Devils had made it, but eventually did remember '95 (the Final that changed the league), ..
I remember that one because the Devils' victory parade up the NJ turnpike preempted Jeopardy in New York.
I'm smart and I want respect.
wallzy41
Seeking Degree in Jeopardy!

Post by wallzy41 »

naurae29 wrote:
wallzy41 wrote:I have failed as a TD host. I did not intend this question to trick anyone, but rather provide a feel-good question as the Masterton Trophy is typically awarded to someone who has come back from a catastrophic injury or other traumatic event that has jeopardized their playing career.

For this question, no points are awarded as 15 players dropped,7 players PIMed a 0 correct answer,7 players provided an incorrect response, and 1 player had no response.
Whooooa! Is this a first?
Can anyone Confirm/Deny that this is a first?
RandyG
Founder of the Royal House of JBoardie of the Month

Post by RandyG »

wallzy41 wrote:
naurae29 wrote:
wallzy41 wrote:I have failed as a TD host. I did not intend this question to trick anyone, but rather provide a feel-good question as the Masterton Trophy is typically awarded to someone who has come back from a catastrophic injury or other traumatic event that has jeopardized their playing career.

For this question, no points are awarded as 15 players dropped,7 players PIMed a 0 correct answer,7 players provided an incorrect response, and 1 player had no response.
Whooooa! Is this a first?
Can anyone Confirm/Deny that this is a first?
Hasn't happened before during my lifetime.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

I think the ruling was fine. The rules said that the penalty for a wrong answer was double the sheep score. Since nobody had a correct answer, the sheep was zero, so the penalty for a wrong answer was also zero and the ones who took the sheep score option also got zero.

On the old board we had a game where someone asked for a name of someone who'd won a Nobel Prize in Physics the last ten years (or something that obscure) and nearly everyone dropped it. I don't recall if anyone actually got it right.

The host freaked out and never finished scoring the game.
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

Bamaman wrote: On the old board we had a game where someone asked for a name of someone who'd won a Nobel Prize in Physics the last ten years (or something that obscure) and nearly everyone dropped it. I don't recall if anyone actually got it right.
TD 48, by efs. And the question asked for a Nobel Chemistry winner from 1995-2008. I was really bummed as I had a correct answer for that question. I don't recall if anyone else self-reported a correct response.