Forum issues

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

TenPoundHammer

Forum issues

Post by TenPoundHammer »

The forum is being rather going-down-ish for me right now. Sometimes it's fine, sometimes it's slow, sometimes it just won't load. Tech people, what's going on at your end?
bpmod
Rank

Re: Forum issues

Post by bpmod »

Hey! Quitcherbitchin'!

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

Actually, I had to reboot the server again because things were a little wonky. This morning, after 291 days without a reboot, we had some issues due to a couple of accounts being hacked. I thought that it had been fixed, but we are experiencing more of the same.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

ahirbhairav

Post by ahirbhairav »

I actually had a problem for about the entire month of January up until the day 80s Week ended. It wouldn't load at all, so I used to go to Google Translate and get the scoop on what was happening here.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

bpmod wrote:Actually, I had to reboot the server again because things were a little wonky. This morning, after 291 days without a reboot, we had some issues due to a couple of accounts being hacked. I thought that it had been fixed, but we are experiencing more of the same.

Brian
Yes, part of my mod duties is noticing when things aren't as they seem (usually a sign of hacking or spam) - when I saw recently that TPH made a guess on FJ and got it right, I immediately surmised his account must have been hacked. :)
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

I was getting a sql error (or as the error page called it, "an sql error"; I like to pronounce it "skyool") last night.
ahirbhairav wrote:I actually had a problem for about the entire month of January up until the day 80s Week ended. It wouldn't load at all, so I used to go to Google Translate and get the scoop on what was happening here.
I could work around the firewall on my high school's internet this way. Back then it was Altavista doing the translating. Of course, though, Altavista eventually got blacklisted because people were using it to cheat on their Spanish homework, and I had to resort to a page where you would input an url (another a/an abbreviation!) and it would output that site, with Zippy the Pinhead quotations in between sentences. (Also, Hotmail was blacklisted at one time, but also at that time msn.com's homepage had a Hotmail login form. Workarounds!)
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

I pronounce sql as ess-cue-ell and url as you-are-ell so my chosen article would be different from yours on both counts.

Brian

econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

bpmod wrote:I pronounce sql as ess-cue-ell and url as you-are-ell so my chosen article would be different from yours on both counts.

Brian
I pronounce it 'sequel'.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

econgator wrote:
bpmod wrote:I pronounce sql as ess-cue-ell and url as you-are-ell so my chosen article would be different from yours on both counts.

Brian
I pronounce it 'sequel'.
I pronounce it as "squirrel"

Well, I will now. Makes it fun! (Instead of frustrating (from the web host's end). "I got a squirrel error!" You can't say that without a smile, it's impossible.
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
Creed Bratton
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Creed Bratton »

dhkendall wrote:
bpmod wrote:Actually, I had to reboot the server again because things were a little wonky. This morning, after 291 days without a reboot, we had some issues due to a couple of accounts being hacked. I thought that it had been fixed, but we are experiencing more of the same.

Brian
Yes, part of my mod duties is noticing when things aren't as they seem (usually a sign of hacking or spam) - when I saw recently that TPH made a guess on FJ and got it right, I immediately surmised his account must have been hacked. :)
You win the internet.
Magna
Hooked on Jeopardy

Post by Magna »

I've been getting sql errors (I pronounce it "squeal," just to be different) recently too.
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

Does that mean I should cancel my credit card? Or is the number I gave you for the $1-per-post fee still secure?