Jeopardy! on Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

periwinkle
Jeopardy! Champion

Jeopardy! on Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me

Post by periwinkle »

Jeopardy! champions were the subject of this week's "Bluff the Listener" segment on "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me". The panelists told three stories of Jeopardy! champions starting a new career, and the contestant had to guess which was true.

http://www.npr.org/2014/03/08/287439942 ... e-listener

I already knew the answer, from a story on an NPR blog earlier this week, or I might not have believed it:
Spoiler
That article is very much worth a read. Not the next career I would have predicted that champion would undertake!
Rex Kramer
Jeopardy! TOCer

Re: Jeopardy! on Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me

Post by Rex Kramer »

I just listened to that podcast. It was neat to hear two of my favorite games overlap -- especially because I could say I had encountered in person at least one character from each of the three stories. :)

Rex
Paucle
Trekardy! Writer

Post by Paucle »

periwinkle wrote: I already knew the answer, from a story on an NPR blog earlier this week
I got it, with a pretty high confidence factor, because two of the stories it seems likely we'd've heard about on these boards (or elsewhere).
Think we could poll this? Only 3 possibles, we can see complete results.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

Rex Kramer wrote:I just listened to that podcast. It was neat to hear two of my favorite games overlap -- especially because I could say I had encountered in person at least one character from each of the three stories. :)

Rex
And if you take Ken's weekly Slate quiz, guess what #10 asks about? :)
MDaunt
Weighed in the balance and found wanting

Post by MDaunt »

This has inspired me to finish my screenplay about a mild-mannered accountant who becomes a mild-mannered Jeopardy! contestant and then goes back to being a mild-mannered accountant. It's got blockbuster written all over it.
lisa0012
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by lisa0012 »

I listened to this today, and like Paucle I picked the one that seemed least likely to have already been mentioned on this board.