Introduce Yourself Here

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

RichmondJ
Loyal Jeopardista

Re: Introduce Yourself Here

Post by RichmondJ »

Hi everyone - I'm Jeff Richmond. I was on J! before the earth cooled. The primordial soup was still simmering. Ronald Reagan was still President. (Last bit literally true.)

I was semi-active on the board back when it was on J!'s own website, but when it moved I thought it was just gone. This year I was drawn back into orbit, as a proud and enthusiastic member of the #Vaughntourage. It's nice to see old names and faces, and to meet new ones.
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

RichmondJ wrote:Hi everyone - I'm Jeff Richmond. I was on J! before the earth cooled. The primordial soup was still simmering. Ronald Reagan was still President. (Last bit literally true.)

I was semi-active on the board back when it was on J!'s own website, but when it moved I thought it was just gone. This year I was drawn back into orbit, as a proud and enthusiastic member of the #Vaughntourage. It's nice to see old names and faces, and to meet new ones.
Welcome, Jeff. Since your time on the official board your game 5 has been added to the archive: http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=4298

On this board you can put your name in the search box and see you get mentioned every so often for various things.
RichmondJ
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by RichmondJ »

MarkBarrett wrote:Welcome, Jeff. Since your time on the official board your game 5 has been added to the archive: http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=4298
Yes, and that was very much appreciated! I had a big house fire in 1997, so I don't have recordings of any of my original/TOC appearances.
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

RichmondJ wrote:... the board ... was on J!'s own website, but ... it moved [and] I thought it was just gone.
The 'official' one is gone; not moved. This one was started due to its disappearance with no idea if or when it would reappear. There was some discussion as to whether or not we would keep this one going should the other one resurface, but it going away and coming back several times kinda made it a no-brainer.

When JBoard started ranking higher in google searches like "jeopardy message board" and such, we knew it was time to make it permanent.

Welcome 'back'!

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
jjwaymee

Post by jjwaymee »

OccamsElectricRazor wrote:Hi. I'm Scott Blish. Some of you know me from LL, quizbowl and various other quizzing venues. Some of you don't, yet. I was Alex Jacob Victim #11 earlier this year on the show. I figured that it was about time I stopped lurking.
Welcome Scott! I understand you also have a very nice scarf. :)
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

RichmondJ wrote:This year I was drawn back into orbit, as a proud and enthusiastic member of the #Vaughntourage.
Ok, that is just the coolest coinage ever.
TheSunWillComeOut
Two-Morrow

Post by TheSunWillComeOut »

opusthepenguin wrote:
RichmondJ wrote:This year I was drawn back into orbit, as a proud and enthusiastic member of the #Vaughntourage.
Ok, that is just the coolest coinage ever.
The #Vaughntourage are legion. We even have hats.

econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

I want a hat.
RichmondJ
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by RichmondJ »

Here is the Vaughntourage hat pic to which all others bow in homage (taken, of course, after competition ended):

opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

RichmondJ wrote:Here is the Vaughntourage hat pic to which all others bow in homage (taken, of course, after competition ended):

Who's the scruffy guy in the background?
Winchell Factor
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Winchell Factor »

opusthepenguin wrote:
RichmondJ wrote:Here is the Vaughntourage hat pic to which all others bow in homage (taken, of course, after competition ended):

Elliot's not scruffy. He's dapper!

And Jeff is being kind of modest here. He wasn't just "on Jeopardy!" He was a 5-time champion who also played in Super Jeopardy! and the UTOC, and who's notable for, among other things, this game: http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=163.

Besides all that, he's also my wife's college classmate, and an all-around fine person to know.

P.S. Hi, Jeff.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

Winchell Factor wrote:And Jeff is being kind of modest here. He wasn't just "on Jeopardy!" He was a 5-time champion who also played in Super Jeopardy! and the UTOC, and who's notable for, among other things, this game: http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=163.

Besides all that, he's also my wife's college classmate, and an all-around fine person to know.

P.S. Hi, Jeff.
I'm guessing he's the same RichmondJ in our rundle?
RichmondJ
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by RichmondJ »

econgator wrote:I'm guessing he's the same RichmondJ in our rundle?
Yes - thought I'd keep it simple with the usernames!
Linear Gnome
One Miner Gal

Post by Linear Gnome »

econgator wrote:I want a hat.
Me too!
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Winchell Factor wrote:
opusthepenguin wrote:
Elliot's not scruffy. He's dapper!

And Jeff is being kind of modest here. He wasn't just "on Jeopardy!" He was a 5-time champion who also played in Super Jeopardy! and the UTOC, and who's notable for, among other things, this game: http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=163.

P.S. Hi, Jeff.
Last year there were some unintentional spoilers from the wrap party as photos posted early on FB clearly showed some players in casual clothes indicating they had not made the semis. If I had seen the 2015 photo early I would not have known whether Elliot made the semis or not.
MitchO

Post by MitchO »

MarkBarrett wrote: Last year there were some unintentional spoilers from the wrap party as photos posted early on FB clearly showed some players in casual clothes indicating they had not made the semis. If I had seen the 2015 photo early I would not have known whether Elliot made the semis or not.
I suspect that *is* casual to Elliot. :)
Batraxos
Multiple Swimmer

Post by Batraxos »

Hi!
I'm Beth.
I'm a librarian, but I work in jail (as a librarian). Best job ever! (most of the time)
As I've seen many others here say, I've been a curious follower of trivia and puzzles since forever.
I've been a Jeopardy! fan since I was very young. Some of my earliest memories are Jeopardy! related. or at least jeopardy related... ;)
I've taken the test every time I was eligible (lost count), auditioned in at least 5 cities, 3 time zones... Super fun. :D
Hmmm... I've lived in 6 states, and am about 84% finished with visiting every state. (I've been to 42)
I've stood in the eye of a hurricane, driven the rim of an active volcano, escaped an avalanche, ridden a bull...
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

Batraxos wrote:I'm Beth.
I'm a librarian, but I work in jail (as a librarian). Best job ever! (most of the time)
How long you in for?
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

opusthepenguin wrote:
How long you in for?
Until she manages to use a rock hammer to chip through the wall behind the poster.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

I'm assuming this is the most checked out (but seldom returned) book in her library.
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012