Introduce Yourself Here

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

CGeditor
Valued Contributor

Re: Introduce Yourself Here

Post by CGeditor »

Hannah S. wrote:Just introducing myself after lurking for a while! Hannah from Los Angeles; my air date is this Friday (March 16).
Hi Hannah! :) My air date is the 21st.
Hannah S.
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Hannah S. »

Thanks alietr! And hello, CGEditor..
MexiKen
Contributor

Post by MexiKen »

Lurker-turned-poster from outside Toronto - I'm astounded by the trivia knowledge from some people on this board. I've been trying to play along with the TDs but some people are just on another level! Hope I can brush up on my own knowledge on the board.
Frank Hardy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Frank Hardy »

Although I've been posting here for a while, I haven't introduced myself on this board. My real name is Don. I'm a retired attorney who practiced in Washington, D.C. I'll turn 60 years old this September. I've been watching Jeopardy! since the Art Fleming days. I even had a Jeopardy! box game when I was a youngster. I've auditioned twice, in 2008 & 2010. I passed the online test in January & I'm eagerly awaiting the email inviting me to another audition. I live near Dayton, Ohio, in the same house in which I grew up. I appeared on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire in August 2009, the prime time tenth anniversary edition with Regis. Unfortunately, I did not make it into the hot seat. I enjoy this board, especially when I have the opportunity to berate contestants who make ill-advised wagers in Final Jeopardy. That's enough about me for now, wouldn't you say?
Last edited by Frank Hardy on Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
fowlerism
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by fowlerism »

So.

My name is Andrew Fowler. I'm a graduate student in computer science and I live in Battle Ground, WA (just north of of Vancouver (not Canada) across the Columbia from Portland (not Maine)). I've enjoyed Jeopardy since I was a kid, but didn't really get into it until I started playing College Bowl as an undergrad. Now I'm a full-fledged coryat-keeping junkie.

* My heroes are Frank Zappa, Carl Sagan, and Fred Rogers.
* I've been a movie buff ever since the first AFI Top 100 special aired when I was 17 and I spent the next couple of years watching them all. Not a movie genius like some boardies, but I'm okay. My real weakness is that I haven't seen enough bad movies.
* I drive by Matt Groening's old neighborhood every morning. There's a story that he lived so close to the Portland Zoo that he could hear lions roaring from his house as a kid.
* I was really into juggling for many years. Clubs, rings, numbers, everything. Somewhat rusty now, but it's like riding a bike.
* We don't have DVR, or even cable, so we basically just watch Jeopardy! (rabbit ears), movies, and handful of shows on demand. Somehow more exciting when you can't pause, though annoying if the phone rings.
* My 1-year old daughter perks up her ears and comes running to the Jeopardy! theme song, like so many dozens of contestant interview dogs.
* I've only lived here for a couple of years, and I'm just starting to think about doing pub trivia in the Portland area. Anybody here know that scene?
* I'll be in Boston for an internship from July-September of this year. I'd love to meet some Boston boardies! I also discovered recently that my (great x 9) grandfather Phillip Fowler landed in Ipswich in 1634. I'm going to try to find the Fowler homestead when I'm there.

Anyhow, I took the online test for the first time this year (the second one -- March?) but didn't get an audition invite. Next year!

(My avatar is from one of my favorite movies. Can you name it?)
zakharov
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by zakharov »

Hi everyone! I'm Jake from New York. I'm 26, and I work for a nonprofit here in the city. I've been a fan since I was a kid and I would rent the Jeopardy NES game every week. Started getting back into the show recently - I don't keep a Coryat score, but I play along and try to do well. I've had two auditions, one back in 2009 and one just this week!

My strong categories are sports, presidents, music, and general history. If I ever get THE CALL, I will pray for no art or literature categories. There's also a high probability of me bungling a wager since I am horrid at math, but such is life.

If anyone is in the NYC area, we should me up for bar trivia sometime.
4-time pool swimmer - last audition June 2019
Follow me on Twitter @JakeMHS
ElendilPickle
ToC Enabler

Post by ElendilPickle »

Hello! I'm Lee Ann from New Mexico, longtime Jeopardy fan. I auditioned in Los Angeles on Wednesday. Thanks for the tips on auditioning and the J! Archive. It's been helpful!
Swift'sSecondCourse
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Swift'sSecondCourse »

Hey all, my name is David and this is my very first post. I grew up in Long Beach, CA and came to the East Coast to attend Amherst College (home to Jeopardy Champs Elizabeth Galoozis and Ben Bishop). After a couple of years back in CA, I'm over here again going to law school in Boston. I recently had the honor of being admitted into the very select club that is Jeopardy contestants. Tune in this Thursday, June 14!
Miss Mellie
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Miss Mellie »

Welcome, Swift'sSecondCourse, and retro good luck!

My dad, brother, and sister-in-law went to Amherst. I'm guessing that first winter was eye-opening for you!
Swift'sSecondCourse
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Swift'sSecondCourse »

Miss Mellie wrote:Welcome, Swift'sSecondCourse, and retro good luck!

My dad, brother, and sister-in-law went to Amherst. I'm guessing that first winter was eye-opening for you!
Thanks! Yeah, that first winter there was one week it didn't get above 10°F. I thought it was a rather exciting novelty, but stayed mostly indoors.
blueoncemoon
Contributor

Post by blueoncemoon »

I've been a long time lurker here.
Last edited by blueoncemoon on Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ej!
Valued Contributor

Post by ej! »

There seems to be a problem with my old user name "ej!fan" Reconfirmation requesting didn't work so I just renamed myself.
Rex Kramer
Jeopardy! TOCer

Post by Rex Kramer »

ej! wrote:There seems to be a problem with my old user name "ej!fan" Reconfirmation requesting didn't work so I just renamed myself.
But now people will think you are ej instead of just a fan! Perhaps you should try "rd!fan" instead.

Rex
kristinsausville
2015 TOC'er

Post by kristinsausville »

blueoncemoon wrote:I've been a long time lurker here and an infrequent poster on the old board wher my name was nins99. My real name is Linda and I was a three day champion at the end of last season, sneaking in between juggernauts Mark and Justin.
Welcome! Justin was very nervous about the possibility of playing you.
Follow me on Twitter: @ksausville
heisman65
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by heisman65 »

fowlerism wrote:So.

My name is Andrew Fowler. I'm a graduate student in computer science and I live in Battle Ground, WA (just north of of Vancouver (not Canada) across the Columbia from Portland (not Maine)). I've enjoyed Jeopardy since I was a kid, but didn't really get into it until I started playing College Bowl as an undergrad. Now I'm a full-fledged coryat-keeping junkie.

* My heroes are Frank Zappa, Carl Sagan, and Fred Rogers.
* I've been a movie buff ever since the first AFI Top 100 special aired when I was 17 and I spent the next couple of years watching them all. Not a movie genius like some boardies, but I'm okay. My real weakness is that I haven't seen enough bad movies.
* I drive by Matt Groening's old neighborhood every morning. There's a story that he lived so close to the Portland Zoo that he could hear lions roaring from his house as a kid.
* I was really into juggling for many years. Clubs, rings, numbers, everything. Somewhat rusty now, but it's like riding a bike.
* We don't have DVR, or even cable, so we basically just watch Jeopardy! (rabbit ears), movies, and handful of shows on demand. Somehow more exciting when you can't pause, though annoying if the phone rings.
* My 1-year old daughter perks up her ears and comes running to the Jeopardy! theme song, like so many dozens of contestant interview dogs.
* I've only lived here for a couple of years, and I'm just starting to think about doing pub trivia in the Portland area. Anybody here know that scene?
* I'll be in Boston for an internship from July-September of this year. I'd love to meet some Boston boardies! I also discovered recently that my (great x 9) grandfather Phillip Fowler landed in Ipswich in 1634. I'm going to try to find the Fowler homestead when I'm there.

Anyhow, I took the online test for the first time this year (the second one -- March?) but didn't get an audition invite. Next year!

(My avatar is from one of my favorite movies. Can you name it?)
The Garden of the Finzi-Continis I believe … nope, it's Last Year at Marienbad.
fowlerism
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by fowlerism »

heisman65 wrote:
fowlerism wrote:(My avatar is from one of my favorite movies. Can you name it?)
The Garden of the Finzi-Continis I believe … nope, it's Last Year at Marienbad.
Correct!
mswanson
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by mswanson »

Hello, everyone! My show's about to air on Thursday, so here's me, desperately trying to think of three things I can say to get approved before then. Being on Jeopardy was such an almost accidental thing and nothing I ever expected I'd do, but it definitely ended up being one of the coolest, most fun experiences I've ever had. It was such a thrill to get to play the game on the set, and my fellow contestants were just the best. I think everyone should try out! Now I'm just counting down the last hours to showtime and secretly hoping to run into Joon Pahk around Somerville...
jkbrat
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by jkbrat »

mswanson wrote:Hello, everyone! My show's about to air on Thursday, so here's me, desperately trying to think of three things I can say to get approved before then. Being on Jeopardy was such an almost accidental thing and nothing I ever expected I'd do, but it definitely ended up being one of the coolest, most fun experiences I've ever had. It was such a thrill to get to play the game on the set, and my fellow contestants were just the best. I think everyone should try out! Now I'm just counting down the last hours to showtime and secretly hoping to run into Joon Pahk around Somerville...
Welcome, Margaret, and congratulations on making it onto the show!

Best of retro luck to you for your upcoming episode(s? - don't answer that! :lol: ), and give my regards to Somerville (I used to live just off of Union Square - I don't miss the Boston traffic, but I do miss many of the good restaurants in that area!)

~ Julie
There are times I almost think I am not sure of what I absolutely knooooooooo-OW

Learn, Review, Repeat

A Archipelago
jpahk
Jeopardy! TOCer

Post by jpahk »

mswanson wrote:Now I'm just counting down the last hours to showtime and secretly hoping to run into Joon Pahk around Somerville...
your secret is out! i'll be on the lookout now. welcome, and good retro luck!
mswanson
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by mswanson »

jpahk wrote:
mswanson wrote:Now I'm just counting down the last hours to showtime and secretly hoping to run into Joon Pahk around Somerville...
your secret is out! i'll be on the lookout now. welcome, and good retro luck!
Yesssssssssssssssss. Let's eat kimchi pancakes and talk about Maggie and Robert...