Introduce Yourself Here

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

bpmod
Rank

Re: Introduce Yourself Here

Post by bpmod »

runciblespoon wrote:
I have sent the snail mail address by email.

Thanks

Brian
Thanks much -- didn't get the email yet, but will watch for it, and send it to you as a DVD. I haven't watched it in many years, but I remember it has all the commericals from 1995 in there too.
Thanks!
Mike
Maybe check your spam filter. Meanwhile, I will double-check the email address.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
RibsJeopardyFan
Just Starting Out on JBoard

Post by RibsJeopardyFan »

My girlfriend and I are life long fans of the show, and we recently made a music video for a song we wrote about Alex Trebek that we thought you all might get a kick out of.

http://youtu.be/2LIbikYdkZI

Enjoy!

Rob & Danielle
kristinsausville
2015 TOC'er

Post by kristinsausville »

Officially introducing myself here. I'm Kristin Sausville, Justin Sausville's wife, and I've been lurking since his first appearance in July. I was in the contestant pool myself in 2006 but didn't get the call; I took the Eastern time zone test again this year. I've been watching Jeopardy! since I was seven or eight or so and am enjoying watching it every night with our four-year-old Johnny Gilbert-wannabe (sometimes we hear him shouting "and now, here's the host of Jeopardy!, Alex Trebek!" over the baby monitor when he's supposed to be going to sleep) son Matthew (three-year-old Ben only likes the TOC episodes and ones with Justin).
Follow me on Twitter: @ksausville
jpahk
Jeopardy! TOCer

Post by jpahk »

hi kristin! it's a shame about justin's mediocre performance on the show (only a bronze, you know), but perhaps you can restore honor to your family's name. ;)
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

jpahk wrote:hi kristin! it's a shame about justin's mediocre performance on the show (only a bronze, you know), but perhaps you can restore honor to your family's name. ;)
Justin at least did it the right way to enter the TOC as a bronze in my book and exit in a higher group. Tom Kunzen? That's a different story.
Third Degree

Post by Third Degree »

Hi. This is Burns Cameron. Many of you already know who I am.
kristinsausville
2015 TOC'er

Post by kristinsausville »

jpahk wrote:hi kristin! it's a shame about justin's mediocre performance on the show (only a bronze, you know), but perhaps you can restore honor to your family's name. ;)
I know. So shameful, right? :lol: I keep forgetting to tell you that your QF game is Ben's favorite non-Justin game. I DVRed the entire TOC to make up for losing Justin's regular season games when we made our infamous move to Delaware and that game was the one that Ben always asked to watch.
Follow me on Twitter: @ksausville
PlayerWM86
Contributor

Post by PlayerWM86 »

Hey everyone! I'm D.F., a struggling college student/author/webpage designer. I was an original member of the Sony boards until those creeps at LulzSec messed everything up.

I've been watching game shows all my life and love to play along with the shows, usually coming up with the correct answer. Sometimes, people tell me that I have gray hair. Some have even said that it brings good luck, but I'm not sure if it's a genetic kind of thing.

Other than that, I'm very friendly - however, I can become very shy or chatty at times when there's a lot of stuff on my mind. I also love learning new things and of course, writing. I'm also much of a bookworm at times, too.
Avid J! watcher since 1989 & failing at J! video games since 1995.
debramc
Iced Mare Grub

Post by debramc »

kristinsausville wrote:Officially introducing myself here. I'm Kristin Sausville, Justin Sausville's wife, and I've been lurking since his first appearance in July. I was in the contestant pool myself in 2006 but didn't get the call; I took the Eastern time zone test again this year. I've been watching Jeopardy! since I was seven or eight or so and am enjoying watching it every night with our four-year-old Johnny Gilbert-wannabe (sometimes we hear him shouting "and now, here's the host of Jeopardy!, Alex Trebek!" over the baby monitor when he's supposed to be going to sleep) son Matthew (three-year-old Ben only likes the TOC episodes and ones with Justin).
Hi Kristin! That baby-monitor story totally has to be the first one you use when you get the call! That's adorable!
ennie

Post by ennie »

Ellen Ripstein, crossword person (2001 ACPT winner) and "Wordplay" documentary subject, one-time "Jeopardy!" contestant in 1991. Worked on some NYC-based game shows and though it's been a while, knowing me even slightly can apparently disqualify you (yes, I read all that stuff on the old board). I used to play Virtual Jeopardy, but it's also been a while.

I hadn't looked at the old board lately and didn't realize it was gone until I found this board while Googling myself.

Have a big birthday coming up in April, and still hold a grudge against certain admissions offices in Cambridge, New Haven, Ithaca and Swarthmore for rejecting me in 1969 - I did go to one of those institutions for grad school, and couldn't wait to return to New York.
CGeditor
Valued Contributor

Post by CGeditor »

Hi Kristin! I'm originally from Baltimore/Towson and will be on the show March 21.
I was really happy to see Dr. Justin and Dr. Jay represent Maryland so well (even if you have since moved to Delaware) :)
gloriaclemente
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by gloriaclemente »

Hello! I'm Kathy from Seattle. I've been lurking since the in-person audition in Seattle in August 2011. Strangely, I feel more nervous about introducing myself here than at my taping last week. Yes, that's right, I got "the call" in January and taped w/o 2/6/12. You all are so wonderful and smart, and so many of my J! heroes are here... I feel unworthy. But I am also having J! withdrawal big-time since I got home from LA, so here I am. Also, I am a terrible secret-keeper, and my airdate is not until June 12, so I was worried about revealing something I shouldn't, about myself or one of my fellow players.

I am a bookseller at a real bricks and mortar independent bookstore, living in the shadow of Amazon.com. I am married to a published poet, and we have an amazing 14-year-old son who has taught me everything I know. I have been a Jeopardy! fan on and off since childhood, thanks to my grandparents who were faithful viewers until their deaths (in their 90's!) a couple of years ago. How much I wish they could have been around to see this. In 2010 I had my second encounter with breast cancer, and started watching the show more religiously to counteract the effects of "chemo-brain." I guess it's working. I took the online test in 2011, auditioned in Seattle in August, and the rest is "future-history."

Side-note on the cancer thing... I'm fine for now. And maybe I will sound like a sanctimonious jerk in my very first post, but for all of you who have been hesitant to take the online test and try to get on the show, if there's one thing that cancer has taught me it is not to wait to go after your dreams...

Happy to be here, see you around!
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Welcome, Kathy, and stay healthy! (And don't spoil anything until your airdate!)
Jacobson00
Contributor

Post by Jacobson00 »

I should have introducesd myself first. Jacobson here, never played jeopardy, just discovered the game and crazy about it. I played, Genie en herbe back home for those whoknow that game, i wasn't too bad. :D
dipayanban

Post by dipayanban »

Hey, I'm Dipayan. I'm a freshman at Stanton College Prep in Jacksonville, FL and a member of the JV Brain Brawl team. My first recollection of watching Jeopardy is following watching Ken Jennings' streak, and although I didn't know any of the questions, being only five, I decided that I was going to be on J! someday. Hopefully being a member of this board will help me with getting good enough to make it on Jeopardy! :mrgreen:
Dipayan Banerjee
reddpen
Thrice Unplucked from the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by reddpen »

gloriaclemente wrote:Hello! I'm Kathy from Seattle. I've been lurking since the in-person audition in Seattle in August 2011....
Hey Kathy, which audition group were you in? I was TUESDAY – AUGUST 16TH - 3:00 PM (pasted from my audition mail). There was one woman in that group who I figured was a lock to get on the show, so I'm curious if it was you. Hope you represented!
In and out of the pool four times
Snaxx
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by Snaxx »

I just noticed this recently. I'm John from the WWTBAM Bored that hosted J! discussion during the brief hiatus before this board was created.
http://wwtbambored.com/viewforum.php?f=1

I have not been on J!, occasionally took the test, but was on WWTBAM in the early syndicated days.
DJDaveMick
Valued Contributor

Post by DJDaveMick »

MY name's Dave Micklon. I appeared on Millionaire back in Feb. 2004. I am a pop music buff and geography wiz extraordinaire. As some will recall, in my 3rd year of trying, I was co-champion of the 2010 Summer Hiatus Challenge (SHC) on Jeopardy.com. Eager for 2011's SHC. I waited and waited, but could not access the message boards there. If I had only known about The JBoard sooner.
In a phrase, I'm glad I found this site, and eagerly await 2012's SHC.
gloriaclemente
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by gloriaclemente »

Hi reddpen, I was Weds. 8/17, 11:30 a.m. and I have NO idea why they picked me!
mitchparov
Worst Buzzer Player Ever

Post by mitchparov »

dipayanban wrote:Hey, I'm Dipayan. I'm a freshman at Stanton College Prep in Jacksonville, FL and a member of the JV Brain Brawl team. My first recollection of watching Jeopardy is following watching Ken Jennings' streak, and although I didn't know any of the questions, being only five, I decided that I was going to be on J! someday. Hopefully being a member of this board will help me with getting good enough to make it on Jeopardy! :mrgreen:
People who were five during Ken's run are now in high school.

::starts looking for retirement communities::