Introduce Yourself Here

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

kickerofelves
Jeopardy! Champion

Re: Introduce Yourself Here

Post by kickerofelves »

Greetings, new people!

-a.
Frank Hardy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Frank Hardy »

Welcome to the board, Mike. I live in Trotwood, which is just outside of Dayton. I'm also a big Reds fan. I watched Art Fleming when I was a kid many years ago. Keep trying out for Jeopardy! and maybe we'll play against each other in the Tournament of Champions! :lol:
oaklandfan2kx

Post by oaklandfan2kx »

Hi I'm Jay Jianoran, I'm a Student from Alameda, CA and i love Strat-o-matic Baseball!
Coming Soon from JBoard.TV: SO YOU THINK YOU CAN KNOW?
Hosted by Jay Jianoran
Announced by Johnny Gilbert
Frank Hardy

Post by Frank Hardy »

Wow, another connection! Jay, I've been playing Strat-o-Matic baseball since 1965, when I got the cards based on the 1964 season. I spent many hours rolling dice and calculating stats with pencil and paper. I used to beg people to play with me. Now I play SOM against a computer manager and have all kinds of stats at the click of a finger. Welcome to the board!

P.S. I just sent you a Facebook friend request.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

My SOM is sitting in the basement. Although it is well worn, I haven't broken it out in many, many years. I even remember driving to their office one time to pick up a set of cards. It was like a pilgrimage at the time.
Frank Hardy

Post by Frank Hardy »

Alietr, back in the late 70s or early 80s, a friend drove us up to Long Island from Virginia and we got the new SOM cards the day they came out.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Yow. That's hardcore! I just had to drive from the South Shore to the North Shore.
mam418
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by mam418 »

Huh... I guess I never introduced myself? Well, now's as good a time as any, as I've made my way back to the boards after a several month absence... (between watching the Olympics, and a trip to Ireland last summer, I got way behind on my DVR'd episodes of J! Got caught up by late
September, but had gotten out of the habit of coming here...)

Anyway... Hi! I'm Mary Anna - was a one day champion back in June of 2011. My show aired just a few days after the Sony board went down. I was so disappointed! I was so looking forward to talking about it on the boards. :cry: I loved the whole experience (other than, you know, the whole part that I lost the second day. And I'm still kicking myself that I risked a good chunk of change in my first (lock) game. Another 5k+ would have been nice, if I just risked nothing... or not as much, at least. Hindsight being 20/20 and all that...)

Other than that - it's good to be back! Missed you guys! (And I'm psyched that it's almost ToC time. Yay!)
Alan_B
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by Alan_B »

Alan Bailey here. Used to post on the old J! board a lot, but as soon as the discussion stopped being about me, naturally I lost interest.

5-day champion in 2001, ToC semifinalist in 2003, UToC flameout in Round 1, vanquisher of Watson in one of the IBM scrimmage matches.

And lately --- game show creator. Come be on my new web series The Experts in L.A.!
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Alan_B wrote:Alan Bailey here. Used to post on the old J! board a lot, but as soon as the discussion stopped being about me, naturally I lost interest.

5-day champion in 2001, ToC semifinalist in 2003, UToC flameout in Round 1, vanquisher of Watson in one of the IBM scrimmage matches.

And lately --- game show creator. Come be on my new web series The Experts in L.A.!
Welcome Alan. Good to see you here. Any reason not to embed the video?

Alan_B
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by Alan_B »

Thanks, Mark!! Only reason not to embed it is I'm new (in an old way) and I didn't want to charge in too quickly. THANK YOU for sharing!!!
QuizGeek75
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by QuizGeek75 »

Hi, I'm Eugene. I'm new here. I'm from Denver, Colorado. I'm currently an English major at college & soon to be 22 on February 1, 2013. I've been a game show nut as a child & have been fortunate enough to meet a JEOPARDY! Champion twice in person, as well as meeting 3 of my favorite comedians in person. My childhood dream is to be on JEOPARDY! or Wheel Of Fortune or both.
Just a person who loves game shows.
jeopardyfan87
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by jeopardyfan87 »

Hi everyone, I'm Jeff. After being a junior member on the show's main board, I'm glad to finally be registered here.

Seeing I've been a fan of the show for many many years, thanks to the J-Archive, the past "Robair Updates" from Google Groups, the J! Database of Champions, the several hundred older J! episodes I own I recorded off of GSN, this board and the last board, and various other sources, I have been compiling a list of every single J! episode that's aired, with contestants' names. Would be as interested as anyone else to complete that list to the best of my abilities.

If anyone is interested in seeing the big list or can help me out in adding names to the list feel free to PM me on here.

Other than that, I'm grateful to now be a member here!
sauerbraten
Just Starting Out on JBoard

Post by sauerbraten »

Hi, I'm Joseph from Seattle. I'm a graphic designer working professionally, and I've been a fan of Jeopardy my entire life. I'm actively trying to acquire old episodes of the show for a photographic art project. I never knew there were avid fans of the show and a website devoted to the series.. I've emailed a number of collectors directly that I found on Jboard, but got little response. I understand it's illegal to 'purchase' episodes, but I'm hoping to get some, somehow.

I'm going to search the board to see if there's any more info on acquiring episodes, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Glad I found this awesome resource! Cheers.
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

Hi, I'm Kirk from Seattle. I've been a Jeopardy! fan since the (Trebek era) show started. I finally signed up for JBoard when I "got the call" in December. I think this was my third time in the contestant pool and I'd pretty much given up hope, so it was pretty exciting! Anyway, my show airs on May 31st so still a long wait.
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

What is with this sudden influx of people from Seattle?

Welcome aboard Kirk & Joseph. Enjoy your stay.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Have you ever seen Kirk and Joseph in the same room?
emccullough
Valued Contributor

Post by emccullough »

Hi Kirk! I was in your group.
kickerofelves
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by kickerofelves »

Welcome Seattleites. And retro-good luck Kirk and emccullough...

-a.
AdamAnt
Valued Contributor

Post by AdamAnt »

Hello all! Stumbled upon this site a good few months ago and finally decided to join. A little bit about me: As my username suggests, my name is Adam. Currently living in that great northern country called Canada and in my final semester studying radio broadcasting in college yay! Been watching Jeopardy! for quite some time, pretty much as long as I can remember. Earliest recollections were watching Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! at 7 and 7:30 PM on the local TV station before we had cable in the early/mid 90s. Only started watching the show a lot more consistantly this season and find it a fun, challenging and entertaining way to exercise my brain.