Introduce Yourself Here

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Charming
Valued Contributor

Re: Introduce Yourself Here

Post by Charming »

Hi All,
Luck 1,000!

I joined over a year ago and come to visit when I have a question about a recent episode. I was also a member of the Sony board. I have to be careful which shows I open because we are about 10 shows behind. :mrgreen: By the time I get on to offer my 2 cents worth the topic is long gone and well forgotten. It is good to see if others share the same question I had.

I'm a very long time fan of Jeopardy and watched way back when with my mother when Art Fleming was host. Back in the early days of Alex Trebek's reign I tried out when they came through town. Back then Alex actually attended the try outs. He looked pretty hot in his jeans and leather jacket.
MrMichael

Post by MrMichael »

Greetings!

Short-time lurker who joined looking for information on the Sports Jeopardy! show starting up. I passed the audition now have my water wings on, floating in the contestant pool!Hoping to get The Call to compete.

I'm from central Illinois. Watched Jeopardy on and off for many years and have failed at taking the online test twice.
sherbrooke
Just Starting Out on JBoard

Post by sherbrooke »

Hi,

I'm John from Canada. Was looking for resources to study for Jeopardy and found this great forum along with these awesome resources http://j-archive.com & http://www.anagrammer.com/jeopardy/
nightreign
#TeamAlsoRans

Post by nightreign »

jepkid97 wrote:
econgator wrote:
Lumosityfan wrote:Speaking of which, are there any Teen Tournament alumni on Jboard?
I don't think so -- 2 Kid's Weekers (nightreign and jepkid97), though,
I consider myself "close enough".
Same here, especially considering that I am now the correct age for the teen tournament and I'm pretty sure I could get on were I not ineligible.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

nightreign wrote:
jepkid97 wrote:
econgator wrote:
Lumosityfan wrote:Speaking of which, are there any Teen Tournament alumni on Jboard?
Same here, especially considering that I am now the correct age for the teen tournament and I'm pretty sure I could get on were I not ineligible.
How are you ineligible?
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
nightreign
#TeamAlsoRans

Post by nightreign »

dhkendall wrote:
nightreign wrote:
jepkid97 wrote:
econgator wrote:
How are you ineligible?
I was already on Kids Week (Aria Gerson, class of 2011).
Ryno
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Ryno »

Hello, my name is Ryan. I am a long time off and on J! viewer. This past year, I have taken my interest in the game to the next level and have found this message board. I got to audition for J! this May. It was my first in person audition. So my personal interest in J! is at an all time high. There are so many aspects of the game (e.g. wagering) that I had not really understood or appreciated before I checked out the resources available online, such as this one. I have found the fan created lingo about J! to be pretty cool.

I live in the Washington D.C. area. I would be interested in hearing from other message board posters from the area.
One time swimmer in the Jeopardy! pool
Shaymin
Valued Contributor

Post by Shaymin »

Hi, my name's Donald, and I've watched J! off and on since I was 5, but it became a regular part of my routine back in 2010. I'm in Canada and a former Reach for the Top player (Prince Andrew High School MVP, 2001-02) because I've had a nose for trivia.

I passed the test in 2013, but the audition invite email fell victim to my spam filter. Rest assured, I will not let *that* happen again.
cougarslav
Contributor

Post by cougarslav »

Hi everyone! I'm Bryant, I've been a lurker for a while now but thought I'd finally come out and introduce myself because lurking is kind of creepy. I recently completed my B.S. in mathematics, and just started my masters program in secondary education. I love and adore Jeopardy. I auditioned for the first time last March but didn't make it, but I will keep trying. Besides math and trivia, I LOVE cooking, film, traveling, arts... but my weak J! categories are sports and religion. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone!
Delirium_Tremendous

Post by Delirium_Tremendous »

Hello, all. I'm Kevin. I think I had a username a year or two ago, but I forget what it is and what email it was with, and I didn't post much with it, so now I'm this. Anyway, didn't have a TV for the last year, so I sporadically kept up with the game on the archive, but I'm excited to follow Jeopardy again when the new season starts. I'm going to start tracking my record to see if I'm contestant material. I think I could probably get on the show, but I doubt I'd win more than a game or two now, if that.

Anyway, can't wait to get to know you all better and learn from/shamelessly steal your ideas/jokes/allusions to things I don't yet understand.
dougforte

Post by dougforte »

Greetings all, I'm dougforte. Actually, my first name is not doug, nor my last name forte, which gave me pause considering the recent scandal, but it is a familiar handle that I've used on some websites (generally those I consider recreation). I've known about J! for decades, of course, but only started watching daily this last season, and got so into it that I found the J-archive and eventually Jboard, both of which I find quite impressive as efforts of the unofficial J! community. So I've been lurking for some months, content to read anonymously, but finally joined to play Guesstimania 9, which I found to be a fascinating concept (and of course thefinalwager is fantastic, too). Now that I'm registered I may post to some of the other boards as well, though I don't typically track my answers, percentages, or coryats at all, preferring to prepare and eat a small plate of nachos during my evening J! half-hour. If there is something else you would like to know, feel free to PM me (once I have a couple more posts).
StatGuy
Contributor

Post by StatGuy »

Been lurking for a few months here, finally taking the plunge. I work as a data scientist and I've been applying my data skills to some data I took from the J! Archive -- I'll hopefully have a post up about this soon. Excited to join!
JeopardyBill
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by JeopardyBill »

Hi,

I'm Bill, a long-time lurker who finally joined the board this summer. Similar to many of you, I've been watching the show for virtually my entire life. I started taking the online tests in 2010, and after an unsuccessful in-person audition that same year and three more online tests in 2012, 2013, 2014, I finally got the call up to the show this past June.

I can't reveal anymore, other than that you can see me on Jeopardy! next Tuesday, September 16!
sillymoose
Valued Contributor

Post by sillymoose »

Hi!

I'm sillymoose, and I've been a fan of Jeopardy for a while, but only started watching it nightly in January. I've been lurking here for a little bit, but I've decided that I want to participate in some of the game discussions and TDs. I'm excited for the new season to start soon!
lpmastor
Contributor

Post by lpmastor »

Hi, I just found this place when I went looking for a good way to track my own progress/scores on Jeopardy and it seems great. I just recently got back in to Jeopardy watching earlier this year after skipping it for almost a decade and I'm really enjoying watching it again.
Gumby385

Post by Gumby385 »

Hi, I'm Tim, been lurking for a while and have finally decided to start posting. I live in Newark, OH, a suburb of Columbus, and am old enough to remember the "old" Jeopardy! with Art Fleming (but not so old that I have vivid memories!).

Jeopardy! is my favorite TV show, no question - it's the only one I hate to miss. I take the test every year, and auditioned once but didn't get on the show. However, I know I would have won, because I always do at home! :D

I enjoy reading the insightful and humorous comments on the board, and look forward to contributing.

Tim
StuckInMyCat'sBody
Contributor

Post by StuckInMyCat'sBody »

I am addicted to jeopardy. And I watch movies.

Nothing much else
jcxkcxnfggkdfjgkjdfkgjdfkgjdfkcvncfmgnvfkjcmngrjhteidfjdgncv
rjmac

Post by rjmac »

I'm Rebecca, an archivist and digitization contractor from Michigan. I've watched Jeopardy! for as long as I can remember and used to play against my mom (and sometimes my sister). I'm currently in the contestant pool after auditioning in May 2014 and hoping to make it on to Jeopardy!
NYCScribbler
Harbinger of the Outchange

Post by NYCScribbler »

rjmac wrote:I'm Rebecca, an archivist and digitization contractor from Michigan. I've watched Jeopardy! for as long as I can remember and used to play against my mom (and sometimes my sister). I'm currently in the contestant pool after auditioning in May 2014 and hoping to make it on to Jeopardy!
w00t! Good luck- I'm all in favor of successful Rebeccas.
"Who said anything about a horse?!"

"Also, how the bleep did I forget Russia even exists?!"- TPH
grindcore
Some Guy

Post by grindcore »

Hi, I'm Sam. long time creeper, first time poster. started watching jeopardy! seriously earlier this year. i currently live in winnipeg, manitoba (just about threw my TV out the window after that daily double miss by roger craig).

if i ever make it on the show and come across a british royalty category i'm walking off the set.

i'm an assiduous daily new york times cruciverbalist and all-around semi-likeable twenty-something fella.