JBoard users on Twitter

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

chipbell
Just Starting Out on JBoard

Re: JBoard users on Twitter

Post by chipbell »

I'm @chipbell53

I mostly tweet (infrequently) about Jeopardy, baseball games and beer. I mostly update on Facebook and forget about Twitter.
Judy5cents
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by Judy5cents »

As part of my promotional efforts as an author, I'm on twitter a lot, closing in on 5000 tweets even as we speak. I would welcome any non author to follow me. Most of my following consists of people with books to sell. Seems like all I ever see in my twitter feed are links to 5 star reviews or variations of the "X meets Y" promotional blurb ("My latest book -- It's Peter Rabbit meets The Naked Lunch "). I do my best to send out interesting tweets, not just blatant self promotional stuff and I'll follow anyone from Jboard. @judy5cents

It's fun and often challenging to distill what you have to say into 140 characters, without sacrificing proper grammar and spelling.
Judy5cents
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by Judy5cents »

MDaunt wrote:In six years, I have tweeted a grand total of 113 times, yet I have 28 "followers", for reasons that completely escape me.

@Schadenfreude, stop me before I tweet again.
Now you have 29!
hscer
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by hscer »

If any of you follow me on Sporcle (same handle), follow me on Twitter (same handle)! Otherwise, I'll tell you myself: don't bother.
Now Completed: TD 224 - Airplane!
Coming Eventually: hscer's 3rd TD

Twitter: http://twitter.com/hscer
Sporcle: http://www.sporcle.com/user/hscer
NYCScribbler
Harbinger of the Outchange

Post by NYCScribbler »

I'm @NYCScribbler. You can rely on me for copious amounts of profanity, women's basketball conversation, stupid things people at my job say, self-deprecating stupid things I've done, and bon mots I can't think of anywhere else to put.
"Who said anything about a horse?!"

"Also, how the bleep did I forget Russia even exists?!"- TPH
lisa0012

Post by lisa0012 »

hscer wrote:If any of you follow me on Sporcle (same handle), follow me on Twitter (same handle)! Otherwise, I'll tell you myself: don't bother.
I've never friended anyone on Sporcle. Maybe I should start?
hscer

Post by hscer »

lisa0012 wrote:
hscer wrote:If any of you follow me on Sporcle (same handle), follow me on Twitter (same handle)! Otherwise, I'll tell you myself: don't bother.
I've never friended anyone on Sporcle. Maybe I should start?
It's a pretty great community. I'd say yes. But I could be biased ;)
Now Completed: TD 224 - Airplane!
Coming Eventually: hscer's 3rd TD

Twitter: http://twitter.com/hscer
Sporcle: http://www.sporcle.com/user/hscer
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Speaking of which, can someone who is quite familiar with Twitter post here so I can PM them a question? Thanks.
Judy5cents
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by Judy5cents »

alietr wrote:Speaking of which, can someone who is quite familiar with Twitter post here so I can PM them a question? Thanks.

I'd be glad to help. I've become very familiar with Twitter in the last couple of years.
zakharov

Post by zakharov »

I have 40,000 or so tweets in 5 years so I probably qualify.

(shut up)
4-time pool swimmer - last audition June 2019
Follow me on Twitter @JakeMHS
WooWho?
Jeopardy! Almost-Champion

Post by WooWho? »

WooWho? wrote:I'm @whoisjoshwoo.

I don't tweet very much (I'm more of an "I tweet when I darn well feel like it" kind of person), but if it's Jeopardy! snark you're looking for, I'll be happy to oblige. My tweets are mostly random things, but I'll have my occasional moment of brilliance.
These "mostly random things" appear to have taken on new meaning as of late--less random, more things.

My dad and I have taken the headfirst plunge into translating my grandfather's Korean War memoir into English, after it was posthumously published in 2004. Well, he's the actual translator, I'm more of the editor. While I'm not posting the actual text of the translation on my blog (and it'd be silly to do so when it's as unrefined and incomplete as it is), I *am* writing a series of reflections as we progress through his story. This July will mark 10 years since his passing; both the translation and the blog are my way of paying tribute to a man who had such a profound impact on my formative years in the brief time his time on Earth coincided with mine.

So any Wordpress links that turn up in my tweets will go directly to these reflections.

Thought I'd mention it here in case someone finds it interesting. The direct link, for those who aren't on Twitter, is here.

Of course, the Jeopardy! snark, if you're looking for it, will still be there.
アタックチャンス!
BobF

Post by BobF »

I'm not a twitterer as of yet, but I was curious if there would be any interest in a Facebook group for JBoard members. It would of course be private to the outside world, and I'd limit it to people who have met the 3 post threshold on here to likewise keep spammers out.
Was once hugged by Maggie Speak!
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

BobF wrote:I'm not a twitterer as of yet, but I was curious if there would be any interest in a Facebook group for JBoard members. It would of course be private to the outside world, and I'd limit it to people who have met the 3 post threshold on here to likewise keep spammers out.
I'd join.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

BobF wrote:I'm not a twitterer as of yet, but I was curious if there would be any interest in a Facebook group for JBoard members. It would of course be private to the outside world, and I'd limit it to people who have met the 3 post threshold on here to likewise keep spammers out.
There is one -- JBoard.tv. I started it when I was launching JBoard in an effort to connect with the former Sony habitués. It doesn't have any activity, but you're welcome to try.
hbomb1947
Still hoping to get on Jeopardy! while my age is in double digits

Post by hbomb1947 »

I tweet at https://twitter.com/hbomb_worldwide.

Because I'm a travel blogger, a large percentage of my tweets are travel-related (although some of them discuss quirky news items, or things that I'm up to in my home of NYC). I do like to get outside of the travel bloggers' bubble and engage with people from other worlds like the trivia and game show sphere. :D
Follow me on twitter, even though I rarely tweet! https://twitter.com/hbomb_worldwide
Lumosityfan
2014 Teen Tournament Champion

Post by Lumosityfan »

I just thought I'd add that my twitter handle is @jeffenomenom. Enjoy!
Jeopardizing questions since 2004!
2014 Jeopardy! Teen Tournament Champion
ElendilPickle
ToC Enabler

Post by ElendilPickle »

I'm @entmisbehavin.
nightreign
#TeamAlsoRans

Post by nightreign »

I'm @cyan_sunshine.
barandall800
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by barandall800 »

I'm my username here, just with an at sign, of course. (Very creative, no?) Since I've gotten back from Peru, I've kind of gone through phases of not tweeting a whole lot, then tweeting a bit, then not, and so on. Though on average I tweet fairly regularly.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

@dhkendall_ca . Created just this minute. *Please* don't make me regret this!

(Interestingly, when I asked it to set me up with accounts under the heading "News" and "Humour", OntarioQuizzer came up on the list! So, congrats, Andy, Twitter told me to follow you!)
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012