Wednesday, March 26, 2014 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Vanya
The support is non-zero

Re: Wednesday, March 26, 2014 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by Vanya »

Volante wrote:
aeq5006 wrote:
Caboom wrote: Yeah, when Alex said "yes, or dynamite", I was thinking to myself they must have used both, because TNT is hardly the same as dynamite.
The reference you gave indicates it was only dynamite, so I guess they were pretty lenient in judging once again.
But they said something like "Over 90% was made with this". That suggests a single answer.

Another ruling I had a problem with was a while ago when they referred to Christmas as a "historical event". Aren't you a bit old to believe in fairy tales, Alex?
If you want to discuss that clue in question, civilly, I've bumped the game in question with the reason.
http://www.jboard.tv/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1649&start=80
Don't encourage him.
Rex Kramer
Jeopardy! TOCer

Ho, ha ha, guard, turn, parry, dodge, spin, ha, thrust--

Post by Rex Kramer »

Bamaman wrote:I blame Warner Brothers cartoons for the belief TNT=dynamite. Years of seeing the coyote hit a plunger labeled TNT made me think that.
I met Chuck Jones's daughter and grandson this evening. Such nice people -- hard to believe they could be related to such a fiendish disseminater of misinformation!

(They were very nice, and on the outside, I was totally urbane, but the whole time there was a little voice in the back of my head chanting "ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodwhateveryoudodon'tstartsingingkillthewabbitohmygodohmygod".)

Speedipus Rex
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

Volante wrote:If you want to discuss that clue in question, civilly,...
That's a pretty big 'if'.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
Fishercat
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Fishercat »

There have been some news stories going around that California's lack of rainfall had impacted the overall almond crop, which led to me choosing almond. I also thought snack helped to push it away from strictly fruits, but yeah, I thought the wrong answers made more sense even if I chose the right one.
periwinkle
Jeopardy! Champion

Re: Ho, ha ha, guard, turn, parry, dodge, spin, ha, thrust--

Post by periwinkle »

Rex Kramer wrote:(They were very nice, and on the outside, I was totally urbane, but the whole time there was a little voice in the back of my head chanting "ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodwhateveryoudodon'tstartsingingkillthewabbitohmygodohmygod".)

Speedipus Rex
This is when I want that "like" button.
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Post by trainman »

seaborgium wrote:My understanding is that J! used to send out their recorded shows as a 22-minute (or however long) block of tape (or whatever medium), but local stations wouldn't always put the commercials in at the right spot. So the tapes are syndicated with blank space where the commercials belong.
Pretty sure it's always been the way it is, with the show distributed "intact" as a 28-ish-minute program, with a black screen during the portion where the local commercials are supposed to be placed. (There's only one segment of local commercials, and it's the second half of the break after DJ!/before FJ! -- all other commercials are already included.)
aeq5006
Valued Contributor

Post by aeq5006 »

bpmod wrote:
Volante wrote:If you want to discuss that clue in question, civilly,...
That's a pretty big 'if'.

Brian
You're implying that I am unlikely to discuss things civilly? That's quite hypocritical.
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

aeq5006 wrote:You're implying that I am unlikely to discuss things civilly?
No. I am stating it. Your very first words on the subject contained more hostility than the sum total of the rest of the thread prior to them.
aeq5006 wrote:That's quite hypocritical.
How so?

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

lieph82
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by lieph82 »

bpmod wrote:
aeq5006 wrote:You're implying that I am unlikely to discuss things civilly?
No. I am stating it. Your very first words on the subject contained more hostility than the sum total of the rest of the thread prior to them.
aeq5006 wrote:That's quite hypocritical.
How so?

Brian
Because WHENEVER there's an argument on board, you start cursing and calling everyone a bigot, bpmod. If you'd just stop your heinous, hypocritical behavior, this board would be a peaceful place. Under god.
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

Where's that 'like' button, again?

Brian