An outchange for the worse in the 2014/2015 ToC? (SPOILER for 4/25 show)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

bpmod
Rank

Re: An outchange for the worse in the 2014/2015 ToC? (SPOILER for 4/25 show)

Post by bpmod »

MTGcollegestudent wrote:Holy crap...I haven't been on here for a month,
I'd strongly suggest finding the culprit who's been logging in under your account.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
MTGcollegestudent
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MTGcollegestudent »

bpmod wrote:
I'd strongly suggest finding the culprit who's been logging in under your account.

Brian
I'm alive!!! I'm not dead!
Jeopardy! is like History. It's a mixed bag of categories that try to test your knowledge to see if you know or can recall answers that seem familiar to the viewer.
Magna
Hooked on Jeopardy

Post by Magna »

MTGcollegestudent wrote:
bpmod wrote:

Brian
Maybe there was some kind of outchange.
NYCScribbler
Harbinger of the Outchange

Post by NYCScribbler »

Magna wrote:
MTGcollegestudent wrote:
bpmod wrote:

Brian
Maybe there was some kind of outchange.
But for the better or for the worse?
"Who said anything about a horse?!"

"Also, how the bleep did I forget Russia even exists?!"- TPH
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

MTGcollegestudent wrote:
bpmod wrote:

Brian
Tell that to the guy who was using your account for the past month!
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
patkav
The Chicago Mauler

Post by patkav »

This thread got me fired from my job. Never snorty laugh in an open-office environment, people!

(OK, I haven't really been fired yet. But the snorty-laugh part is true.)
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

Austin Powers on April 28, 2014 wrote:The current lady could go on and win 20 or so games, but I feel like this would be less a reflection of exceptional skill on her part and more a reflection of just a string really, really unextraordinary opponents. The show has hit a new normal for mediocrity, and I feel like I have forgotten when exactly it wasn't this way - just that it wasn't always this way.
Was referred back to this thread due to education of a new boardie on the hilarious board terms "rift trend" and "outchange" and I just noticed this post, and surprised no one has burned Austin Powers for being a witch yet. :)
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
Sherm
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Sherm »

dhkendall wrote:
Austin Powers on April 28, 2014 wrote:The current lady could go on and win 20 or so games, but I feel like this would be less a reflection of exceptional skill on her part and more a reflection of just a string really, really unextraordinary opponents. The show has hit a new normal for mediocrity, and I feel like I have forgotten when exactly it wasn't this way - just that it wasn't always this way.
Was referred back to this thread due to education of a new boardie on the hilarious board terms "rift trend" and "outchange" and I just noticed this post, and surprised no one has burned Austin Powers for being a witch yet. :)
Some were going to, but they caught him and he's heavier than a duck.
Rafferty Barnes
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Rafferty Barnes »

dhkendall wrote:
No need to bring witchcraftery into it. The games had already been taped, and I'm sure it was just a good old-fashioned spoiler.
AndyTheQuizzer
Lots and Lots of Interviews

Post by AndyTheQuizzer »

Rafferty Barnes wrote:
dhkendall wrote:
No need to bring witchcraftery into it. The games had already been taped, and I'm sure it was just a good old-fashioned spoiler.
I'm just chuckling at the insinuation that someone who finished only two spots behind him in the 2015 LL championship could possibly be considered mediocre.

But whatever.
Andy Saunders
J! Archive Founding Archivist
Publisher - The Jeopardy! Fan