What time is Jeopardy on in your area and do you DVR

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

psgola
Loyal Jeopardista

What time is Jeopardy on in your area and do you DVR

Post by psgola »

I'm relatively new to the JBoard, so this might've been discussed before, but just out of curiosity, I was just wondering what time is Jeopardy! on in your area, and do you DVR?

Here in the Mobile, Ala. area, it's on at 6pm and I DVR each episode, watch it later that night.
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: What time is Jeopardy on in your area and do you DVR

Post by MarkBarrett »

J! airs at 7 in San Francisco, but it comes on about 6:59:07 I record it on my DVR using manual recording set ahead of time, but watch live with no pausing. During the commercials I sometimes will rewind to get the full category names written on my scoresheet, but I am back to live before the break is over.

As my DVR fills up I dub the J! games to DVDs.
StevenH
Not J! Contestant Material

Post by StevenH »

I just started using a DVR about a year ago, and J! comes on at 7:30 PM here. From about 2003-2007 it was switched to a 4:30 time slot in my area; that stunk.
floridagator

Post by floridagator »

The map I use as my avatar will provide information. It is a map of the time Jeopardy! is on by market.

19:30, and I DVR.
Attachments
jeopardy.jpg
jeopardy.jpg (74.62 KiB) Viewed 5080 times
I'd rather cuddle then have sex. If you're into grammar, you'll understand.
zakharov

Post by zakharov »

7:00, followed by Wheel at 7:30. I DVR.
4-time pool swimmer - last audition June 2019
Follow me on Twitter @JakeMHS
TheyCallMeMrKid
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by TheyCallMeMrKid »

Since it airs at 4:30 and I work until at least 5, yes, I DVR. Usually delete it immediately after watching, but lately there seem to have been a lot of discussions here about the exact wording of questions, so I've been saving them for a couple of days.

We also have a rerun that airs somewhere around midnight on Sunday nights.
Sheepin' it real.
Leander

Post by Leander »

DVRd when I lived in Chicago and it came on in mid afternoon. Now in the NY area, I DVR only if I expect to be out since it's on at 7 pm.
ihavejeoprosy

Post by ihavejeoprosy »

I always DVR the 7:30 show in my area and binge watch later in the week. I very rarely watch live as I am able to fast forward through the boring parts and ads. But I do know that Aleve is the main sponsor.
Please follow me on Twitter @Cinjeopardy
Total game show losings: $25 K
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

7. I always DVR both J! and Wheel, after a few too many instances of something coming up that resulted in me not being within access of my TV at the 7-8 hour.
ElendilPickle
ToC Enabler

Post by ElendilPickle »

6:00 PM; I DVR it if I'm going to be away.
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Post by trainman »

I have had a DVR since the day after Super Bowl XXXV in 2001, and have DVRed J! ever since. Even if I'm in right front of the TV at 7:00, I will delay watching until about 7:10 so I can fast-forward through the commercials.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

trainman wrote:Even if I'm in right front of the TV at 7:00, I will delay watching until about 7:10 so I can fast-forward through the commercials.
Exactly that (and interviews, for me).
harrumph
Voyeur

Post by harrumph »

7:00 and I DVR, not just because I work in the evening but also I don't watch live tv as I like to fast forward through the commercials. I watch the show at about 2:00 in the morning after I get home from work.
JeopRDFan
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by JeopRDFan »

7:30PM. I record the show on my PC then convert & transfer to my tablet to watch later at work (on break, of course).
BobF

Post by BobF »

7PM. I still live in the 20th century and I would have to tape it on VHS tapes, but usually don't because I've found that I rarely watch what I've taped. So I miss it more often than not in the summer, but I'm pretty good at catching it most of the rest of the year.
Was once hugged by Maggie Speak!
earendel

Post by earendel »

7:30 for me and I DVR it.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."
sarah0114
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by sarah0114 »

It was on at 7:30pm in Michigan, where I grew up and in SW Ohio, where I lived until September.

Here in eastern Iowa, it's on at 4pm. When I got The Call, I made arrangements with the campus library that they would switch one of the TVs in their cafe over to Jeopardy! at 4 so I could come down and watch when my schedule allowed. After I won, I spent a little of the money in advance to buy a TiVo, so now we can just watch it after work.
skullturf
Married to a Jeopardy! Champion

Post by skullturf »

The map in floridagator's avatar might provide us the ability to answer a question that has occurred to me before.

In some places, Wheel of Fortune is on at 7:00 and Jeopardy! is on at 7:30. In other places, it's the other way around. (And then there are some places for which neither of those is true.)

I grew up watching Jeopardy! on Seattle-area TV stations, so I grew up believing it was normal for Wheel to precede J! Then when I moved to New Castle County, Delaware, and started watching J! on a Philadelphia station, I discovered that J! was first at 7:00, followed by Wheel at 7:30, which I thought of as "backwards".

If some of us really wanted to take the time to add up the population of different regions, we could quantify which is the "usual" way.

According to the map, it looks like both New York and Los Angeles show J! at 7:00, so maybe the seven-thirtyers in Seattle and Detroit and DC are actually in the minority. Who knows.
Lumosityfan
2014 Teen Tournament Champion

Post by Lumosityfan »

I watch Jeopardy! at 7:00, and I unfortunately do not DVR since our family does not have DVR capabilities.
Jeopardizing questions since 2004!
2014 Jeopardy! Teen Tournament Champion
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

I watch on KARE Minneapolis, first run episodes show at 4:30, and daily repeats of the show from a year ago (minus one day so that the days of the week line up) air at 11:30 am. Like TPH, I DVR whether i watch live or not (actually, it's a combination hardware/software device that hooks up to my computer that lets me watch and record TV since we don't have a DVR (so if we want to record something and watch it, we have to do it on the computer rather than the TV)) since, even though I'm home now all day after losing my job 3 months ago, I find it easier as that way I can zap commercials, or if I'm doing something else during air time. (When I was working, of course I'd have to watch the recording.) Plus, even if I watch "live" like I do sometimes (although I still have the DVR going regardless), I have to watch on the computer anyways, so I can use my Jeopardy scoring sheet while it's running to track my Coryat.
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012