Friday, July 18, 2014 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

cosmos
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Friday, July 18, 2014 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by cosmos »

davey wrote:As far as the Parmigianino clue, it required completing the title of the work, Madonna dal collo lungo in Italian. So, "long neck" is it. Wasn't there a case recently where an intervening word left out of a title caused an immediate neg? Maybe Katie shouldn't have been allowed the BMS...
I agree with that, and I was wrong because I had missed the significance of the quote marks in the clue. But then the correct response should have been "the long neck" to complete the entire quote. They accepted "a long neck" instead.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

cosmos wrote:
davey wrote:As far as the Parmigianino clue, it required completing the title of the work, Madonna dal collo lungo in Italian. So, "long neck" is it. Wasn't there a case recently where an intervening word left out of a title caused an immediate neg? Maybe Katie shouldn't have been allowed the BMS...
I agree with that, and I was wrong because I had missed the significance of the quote marks in the clue. But then the correct response should have been "the long neck" to complete the entire quote. They accepted "a long neck" instead.
There were no quote marks in the clue; it was a video clue with no text overlay.

There were quote marks in the closed captioning, but that's not canon.
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): WIthnail & I (7), An Autumn Afternoon (7), Europa Europa (7), Tampopo (9)
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

Bamaman wrote:
So how long is the summer break going to be? Alex said they would replay the Decades Tournament after the Teen Tourney, so that would be five weeks. Then he said Winston would be off for six weeks, so that would just be four weeks after the teens are done.
I looked ahead using TitanTV.

Aug. 4-8: Teachers Tournament Week #2
Aug. 11-15: 1980s Battles
Going by that gives us:
Aug. 18-22: 1990s Battles
Aug. 25-29: 2000s Battles
Sept. 1-5: Battles Quarters
Sept. 8-12: Heels' Dream
Sept. 15: Season 31 & Winston