ToC Stats

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

StevenH
Not J! Contestant Material

ToC Stats

Post by StevenH »

I just recently realized that all of the ToC games of the Trebek era are archived in j-archive. With that being the case, I wanted to look at the average combined Coryat score per game (ACCSPG) for each ToC. For the ToCs that occurred in the era of doubled dollar values I cut the totals in half. Here they are:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6bnPx ... sp=sharing

Observations
Highest ever combined Coryat score in a ToC game: $25,600, in the third semifinal game of the 1996 ToC (Mike Dupee vs. Shane Whitlock vs. Beverly Spurs, and the first 60 clues were all got)

Lowest ever combined Coryat score in a ToC game: $6700, in the third semifinal game of the 1987 ToC (Bob Verini vs. John Ryan vs. Eric Berman)

The ToC match that is most likely to produce the highest combined Coryat score: quarterfinal #2, with 6 instances out of 24 (or 25 if you count the one tie)

The only ToC match that has never produced the highest combined Coryat score: semifinal #1

The ToC match that is most likely to produce the lowest combined Coryat score: quarterfinal #4, with 5 instances out of 24. Also, one of the quarterfinal games has produced the lowest combined Coryat score 18 out of 24 times

The only two ToC matches that have never produced the lowest combined Coryat score: final #1 and and final #2, perhaps appropriately

I did this for fun and there is always a chance that I made errors, but I still thought that I'd share.
MDaunt
Weighed in the balance and found wanting

Re: ToC Stats

Post by MDaunt »

The Dupee Whitlock Spurs game was epic.
chalupabatman786
Valued Contributor

Post by chalupabatman786 »

Interesting that the 4 highest scoring years were back to back to back to back (90-93). Maybe the writers went took it easy for a few years?
countyguy
Vacuously Undefeated on J!

Post by countyguy »

Also the ToCers from the early '90s seem to have had very high original winnings totals. Especially '92. Lots had 5-day totals higher than Chuck Forrest.