Monday, October 20, 2014 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

TenPoundHammer

Re: Monday, October 20, 2014 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by TenPoundHammer »

Volante wrote:Guh. FINALLY catching up after a freakin four day business trip...one down, four to go.
TenPoundHammer wrote: $400: "Friends in Low Places" was a huge huge hit, and arguably Garth's most famous song, and I assume everyone knows who Garth is
Friends in Low Places is one of the tracks on the first Karaoke Revolution (and it's one of the easier ones. Pretty limited range, slow.
Except for that low E on "be okay". I have to go into vocal fry to hit that.
Volante wrote:Would they have taken Chris Gaines?
(Learned -that- from Family Guy. "It's just Garth Brooks in a wig!" ... "That’s it! (Your punishment now is to listen to) every single track plus the hidden bonus track!" "There’s a hidden bonus track? Oh, I hope it’s a ballad.")

Bonus Garth Brooks trivia: He held out until last month to release his music digitally.
I own all of his albums except a few greatest hits compilations. This means I'm missing a few of his later tracks, but outside "Good Ride Cowboy" and "More Than a Memory" (and maybe "Midnight Sun"), they're really not worth having.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

TenPoundHammer wrote:
Volante wrote:Guh. FINALLY catching up after a freakin four day business trip...one down, four to go.
TenPoundHammer wrote: $400: "Friends in Low Places" was a huge huge hit, and arguably Garth's most famous song, and I assume everyone knows who Garth is
Friends in Low Places is one of the tracks on the first Karaoke Revolution (and it's one of the easier ones. Pretty limited range, slow.
Except for that low E on "be okay". I have to go into vocal fry to hit that.
Well, I did say easieR, not easiest.

And I was wrong; it's on Vol. 2. apparently (it -has- been a decade since I played it...yet it did leave a pretty memorable mark, even if I can't remember what song was on which disc.)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_K ... tion_songs

Compared to, say, Toxic or White Flag, Friends in Low Places is practically cheating.
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

Volante wrote: Would they have taken Chris Gaines?
Doubt it, as it wasn't released under Chris' name, and the illusion at least is that they are two separate people. It's like saying "Wrecking Ball" is a Hanna Montana track.
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
El Jefe
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by El Jefe »

TenPoundHammer wrote:or if you know that Darius is the second most famous African American in country music
Someone wrote:Who's the first, Charley Pride?
Eeyup. Third would be... um... I dunno... Cowboy Troy? :D [/quote]

No love for Leadbelly? You don't even have to be much of a country fan to know him...
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

El Jefe wrote:No love for Leadbelly? You don't even have to be much of a country fan to know him...
Leadbelly is Country? That's the first I've heard of that.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
El Jefe

Post by El Jefe »

bpmod wrote:
El Jefe wrote:No love for Leadbelly? You don't even have to be much of a country fan to know him...
Leadbelly is Country? That's the first I've heard of that.

Brian
Well, 'country blues' anyway. I thought it to be a subset of country but I guess it's supposed to be a subset for blues. Can someone be a country artist without that being their main gig? How many songs or albums does a country artist make?

Jeffrey
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

I'm pretty patchy on anything before 1960 or so when it comes to country, so this is the first I'd heard of him.
countyguy
Vacuously Undefeated on J!

Judges?

Post by countyguy »

Sorry for being so far behind on J!, but "Bacon Rebellion" doesn't cut it, does it, for the DD?
davey

Re: Judges?

Post by davey »

countyguy wrote:Sorry for being so far behind on J!, but "Bacon Rebellion" doesn't cut it, does it, for the DD?
It was a rebellion led by a man named Bacon, so I think you'd get away with it.
countyguy
Vacuously Undefeated on J!

Post by countyguy »

davey wrote:
countyguy wrote:Sorry for being so far behind on J!, but "Bacon Rebellion" doesn't cut it, does it, for the DD?
It was a rebellion led by a man named Bacon, so I think you'd get away with it.
It would be awesome if I did get credit. It depends on the judges. Sometimes borderline responses like that are accepted, some are not. Thank you for letting me feel free to count it in my Coryat. :)