TD 217: All Together Now

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

BobF
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: TD 217: All Together Now

Post by BobF »

Abraxas, gamer, brainpower and Vanya are correct one more to go.

I have to make a scoring change. Turns out, in putting together the songs I accepted for bonus points I found an error. The bonus scoring was countyguy and demomoke -2.5, Woppy T -1. However, demomoke included a 7 letter song, Because, so the new bonus points awarded are (is?) countyguy -3, Woppy T -2, jgamer -1.

Net effect:
jgamer and Woppy T get a one point reduction, countyguy gets a half point reduction, demomoke gets a 2.5 point addition.
Was once hugged by Maggie Speak!
BobF

Post by BobF »

Here is the complete list of songs accepted for bonus points. A little bit later on, I'll finish the reveal.

I discovered one more bonus point error, but it's in a question that I haven't done the reveal for yet.

Question 1 one word: Girl; Yesterday; Boys; Something; Help!; Revolution; Rain; Taxman; Anna; Michelle; Flying; Blackbird; Piggies; Birthday; Julia; Matchbox; Wait; Because, “Chains,”, Misery, Money

Question 2 2 Cs or 2 Ds: Dear Prudence; Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds; Good Morning Good Morning; She Said She Said; Good Day Sunshine; And Your Bird Can Sing; A Hard Day’s Night; Lady Madonna; Rock and Roll Music; Cry Baby Cry; Ob-la-di Ob-la-da, “Komm, Gib Mir Deine Hand,” “Things We Said Today,” “Everybody’s Got Something To Hide Except Me and My Monkey,” Don't Let Me Down, I Want to Hold Your Hand, If I Needed Someone, Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)

Question 3 3 Es: Dear Prudence; Every Little Thing; I Feel Fine; Maxwell’s Silver Hammer; Across the Universe; She Came in Through the Bathroom Window; Getting Better; You Know My Name (Look Up the Number); I Saw Her Standing There; Eight Days a Week; Come Together; Everybody’s Trying to Be My Baby; All You Need is Love; I’ve Got a Feeling; She’s Leaving Home; I Should Have Known Better, “Devil In Her Heart,” Please Mister Postman, The Night Before, There's A Place, With A Little Help From My Friends, You Won't See Me, You've Got to Hide Your Love Away

Question 4 4 letters or 4 Bs or 4Es or 4 Gs or 4 Hs: Girl; Boys; Help!; Rain; Anna; Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band; Roll Over Beethoven; Helter Skelter; Strawberry Fields Forever; Wait; Here Comes the Sun; While My Guitar Gently Weeps, “Everybody’s Trying To Be My Baby,” “Kansas City/Hey-Hey-Hey-Hey!”, “Good Morning Good Morning,”

Question 5 5 words or 5 Hs: And Your Bird Can Sing; I Saw Her Standing There; A Day in the Life; While My Guitar Gently Weeps; Baby You’re a Rich Man; All You Need is Love; We Can Work it Out; I Want to Tell You; The Long and Winding Road; I Wanna Be Your Man; She Came in Through the Bathroom Window; The Fool on the Hill; Happiness is a Warm Gun; I Should Have Known Better, “Komm, Gib Mir Deine Hand,” “Tell Me What You See,” ”All I've Got To Do, I've Just Seen a Face, Money (That's What I Want), You Like Me Too Much

Question 6 6 words, 6 letters or 6 Os: Taxman; Flying; Chains; The End; Bad Boy; The Ballad of John and Yoko; Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band; Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds; Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown); Kansas City/Hey Hey Hey Hey; The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill; Everybody’s Trying to Be My Baby; I Want to Hold Your Hand; You Never Give Me Your Money, “Misery,” “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise),” Good Morning Good Morning, I Want You (She's So Heavy), I'm Down, You're Going To Lose That Girl

Question 7 7 words or 7 letters: Piggies; Let it Be; Get Back; Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise); Hey Jude; For No One; This Boy; She Came in Through the Bathroom Window; Sun King; Got to Get You Into My Life; I Me Mine; Two of Us; You’ve Got to Hide Your Love Away; No Reply; Yes it Is; The Word; Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite; If I Fell; Because; Do You Want to Know A Secret, “I’m Happy Just to Dance With You,” “I Don’t Want to Spoil the Party,” With A Little Help From My Friends, You Really Got A Hold On Me

Question 8 8 words or 8 letters or 8 Es: You Know My Name (Look Up the Number); Michelle; Birthday; Love Me Do; Honey Pie; Why Don’t We Do It in the Road?; Yer Blues; For No One; I’m a Loser; Slow Down; Everybody’s Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey; In My Life, Ask Me Why, Dig A Pony, Here, There, and Everywhere, I Need You

Question 9 9 letters: I Feel Fine; Honey Don’t; Yesterday; I’ll Be Back; Oh Darling; Something; Penny Lane; Blackbird; Sexy Sadie; Good Night, I'll Get You, I'm So Tired, Love You To, Maggie Mae, Tell Me Why

Question 10 10 letters or 10 words: Drive My Car; Day Tripper; Nowhere Man; Lovely Rita; Her Majesty; Cry Baby Cry; Everybody’s Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey; Revolution; She’s A Woman; Hey Bulldog; Glass Onion; What Goes On; P.S. I Love You; For You Blue, Baby, It's You, Blue Jay Way

Question A starts or ends with A: All Together Now; Lady Madonna; Across the Universe; And Your Bird Can Sing; Lovely Rita; Ob-la-di Ob-la-da; Julia; Anna; Act Naturally; All You Need is Love; All My Loving; And I Love Her, All I've Got To Do, Another Girl, Any Time At All, Ask Me Why

Question B starts with B, any word ends with B, or 3 Bs The Ballad of John and Yoko; Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite; Baby You’re a Rich Man; Blue Jay Way; Back in the U.S.S.R.; Blackbird; Birthday; Baby’s in Black; Boys; Because, “Baby It’s You,” “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band,” “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)"

Question C starts with C, ends with C or has 2+ Cs: Come Together; Carry That Weight; The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill; Rocky Raccoon; Chains; Rock and Roll Music; Can’t Buy Me Love, Cry, Baby, Cry

Question D ends with D: The End; She Said She Said; Norwegian Wood; The Long and Winding Road; Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band; Mean Mr. Mustard; Blackbird; Why Don’t We Do It in the Road?; I Want to Hold Your Hand; The Word, “Komm, Gib Mir Deine Hand,” “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise),” I'll Cry Instead, I'm So Tired

Question E Word begins with E or 4+ Es: The End; Eleanor Rigby; Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band; Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite; You Never Give Me Your Money; Strawberry Fields Forever; While My Guitar Gently Weeps; Everybody’s Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey; Please Please Me; Roll Over Beethoven; Eight Days a Week; Every Little Thing; Everybody’s Trying to Be My Baby; If I Needed Someone; Here Comes the Sun; Kansas City/Hey HeyHeyHey; Helter Skelter, Here, There, and Everywhere, I've Just Seen A Face, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)

Question F any word starts with F or ends with F: I’ll Follow the Sun; For No One; The Ballad of John and Yoko; If I Fell; Two of Us; I’ve Got a Feeling; Fixing A Hole; Being For the Benefit of Mr. Kite; Flying; Strawberry Fields Forever; The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill; I Feel Fine; Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown); If I Needed Someone; If I Fell; For You Blue; Run For Your Life; The Fool on the Hill, From Me To You, I've Just Seen a Face, Think For Yourself, With A Little Help From My Friends, Words of Love

Question G any word starts with G: Girl; Thank You Girl; Get Back; Got to Get You Into My Life; What Goes On; Good Day Sunshine; I’ve Got a Feeling; Getting Better; Good Morning Good Morning; Good Night; Octopus’s Garden; You Never Give Me Your Money; Golden Slumbers; Glass Onion; Everybody’s Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey; While My Guitar Gently Weeps; I’ll Get You; When I Get Home; What Goes On; Another Girl, “Komm, Gib Mir Deine Hand,” Anna (Go to Him), Happiness Is A Warm Gun, Hello Goodbye, You Really Got a Hold On Me, You're Going To Lose That Girl, You've Got To Hide Your Love Away

Question H starts or ends with H or has 3+ Hs: Help!; Hey Jude; Here Comes the Sun; She Came in Through the Bathroom Window; Her Majesty; Honey Pie; Honey Don’t; A Hard Day’s Night; Kansas City/Hey Hey Hey Hey; Happiness is a Warm Gun, “You Like Me Too Much,” Hello Goodbye, Helter Skelter, Here, There, and Everywhere, Hey Bulldog, Hold Me Tight, It's All Too Much, The Fool on the Hill

Question I starts with I: I’ll Follow the Sun; I Am the Walrus; It’s All too Much; I’m Looking Through You; I Me Mine; I’ve Got a Feeling; I Will; I Feel Fine; I’ll Get You; I Saw Her Standing There; I Wanna Be Your Man; I Want to Hold Your Hand; I Want to Tell You; I’m Down; I’m a Loser; I’ll Be Back; It Won’t Be Long; If I Fell; If I Needed Someone; In My Life; I Don’t Want to Spoil the Party; I’ll Cry Instead; I Should Have Known Better, I Call Your Name, I Need You, I Want You (She's So Heavy), I'm Happy Just to Dance With You, I'm Only Sleeping, I'm So Tired, I"ve Just Seen A Face, It's Only Love, The Inner Light
Last edited by BobF on Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BobF

Post by BobF »

Current Standings as adjusted after 18 questions:

24th: Bamaman 80 points
23rd: econgator 76 points
22nd: debramc 67 points
21st: immaf 62 points
20th: dott888 54 points
19th: gamawire 53 points
18th: Ryno 52 points
16th(tie): brainpower, lpmastor 48 points
15th: Blue Lion 47 points
14th: sarah0114 41 points
13th: Vanya 40 points
12th: Me 32 points
10th: MarkBarrett, Woof 30 points
9th: whatisbishkek 29 points
6th(tie): RandyG, barandall800, Abraxas 24 points
5th: Vermonter 23 points
4th: jgamer 19.5 points
3rd: Woppy T -6 point
2nd: demomoke -12 point
1st: countyguy -19.5 point

The spread from fewest points to most points on the last two questions are 12 and 14 points, so it's possible the top 3 could swap places and anybody in the top 15 could end up in 4th or 5th.
BobF

Post by BobF »

Question 5 name a Beatles song title that has 5 words or 5 Hs.

In an historic first, the TD originator gets a wrong answer. By the time I realized it was wrong, I had read some correct entries, so I didn't feel right changing it.

Wrong (10): Dig It (RTFQ, it was not 5 letters!) ME

Number 9: Bamaman

Sheep: A Day In The Life (5): sarah0114, dott888, econgator, barandall800, Blue Lion

Happiness Is a Warm Gun(3): Woof, whatisbishkek, Randy G

All You Need Is Love(2): immaf, brainpower

While My Guitar Gently Weeps(2): lpmastor, debramc

Ten different singletons! Those without bonus points:

Baby You're a Rich Man - Abraxas

The Fool On The Hill - MarkBarrett

I Should Have Known Better - jgamer

I've Just Seen a Face - gamawire

The Long And Winding Road - Vanya

We Can Work It Out - Ryno

You're Gonna Lose That Girl - Vermonter

Singletons with Bonus:

Woppy T (14 songs, net 0 point)

countyguy (17 songs, net -1 point)

demomoke (18 songs, net -2 point)

Current Standings after 19 questions:
Another change in the standings
I missed that Woppy T used For No One in the bonus section for questions 7 and 8 when it only applied to question 8.
Net effect: Woppy T gets 1.5 added to his score (bonus goes from -1.5 to 0)
countyguy gets .5 dropped from his score (goes from -1.5 to -2)
jgamer gets 1 dropped from his score (goes from 0 to -1)

24th: Bamaman 89 points
23rd: econgator 81 points
22nd: debramc 69 points
21st: immaf 64 points
20th: dott888 59 points
19th: gamawire 54 points
18th: Ryno 53 points
17th: Blue Lion 52 points
15th(tie): brainpower, lpmastor 50 points
14th: sarah0114 46 points
13th: Me 42 points
12th: Vanya 41 points
11th: Woof 33 points
10th: whatisbishkek 32 points
9th: MarkBarrett 31 points
8th: barandall800 29 points
7th: Randy G 27 points
6th: Abraxas 25 points
5th: Vermonter 24 points
4th: jgamer 19.5 points
3rd: Woppy T -4.5 point
2nd: demomoke -14 point
1st: countyguy -21 point

Keep in mind, a 14 point spread between lowest and highest scores on this last question, so there could be lots of changes in the standings, even with the top 3 being pretty much settled.

Final chance to lower those positive scores: The correct next line was "Pink, Brown, Yellow, Orange and Blue, I love you".

For a -2 bonus, name either the Beatles song that contains brown, the song that contains yellow, or any of the 6 songs that contain blue. Again it doesn't have to be the whole song. McCartney had a solo song called "Bluebird" which would have counted if his former bandmates had joined in.
Last edited by BobF on Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

Yellow Submarine?
jgamer
Valued Contributor

Post by jgamer »

Old Brown Shoe
RandyG
Founder of the Royal House of JBoardie of the Month

Post by RandyG »

For you blue
Abraxas

Post by Abraxas »

Blue Jay Way
whatisbishkek

Post by whatisbishkek »

Yer Blues
BobF

Post by BobF »

econgator wrote:Yellow Submarine?
jgamer wrote:Old Brown Shoe
Randy G wrote:For You Blue
Abraxas wrote:Blue Jay Way
whatisbishkek wrote:Yer Blues
All correct. The last 3 are pretty obscure. I'm going to close it out and post the final standings in about an hour, I'm also going to post scores without bonus points just to see how the standings would change and how it would be scored as a pure TD, but that will be for tomorrow.
BobF

Post by BobF »

Question B name a Beatles Song title that starts with B, has a word end with B or contains exactly 3 Bs

Wrong (12): Baby You Can Drive My Car - Baby is not part of the song title, debramc
Everybody's Trying to Be My Baby - Me (WTH???)

Sheep: Back In The USSR(6): dott888, Vanya, econgator, lpmastor, Bamaman, whatisbishkek

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band(4): gamaire, immaf, Ryno, Vermonter

Baby It's You(2): sarah0114, countyguy (who I initially credited with a bonus until I realized that Everybody's Trying to Be My Baby has 4 Bs)

Ballad of John & Yoko(2): abraxas, barandall800

Baby's In Black(2): MarkBarrett, jgamer(who named 6 songs for a half point reduction)

Singletons:

Baby You're a Rich Man - Randy G

Birthday - brainpower

Blackbird - Blue Lion

Singletons with bonus:

Bad Boy - Woppy T who named 10 more songs for a 2 point deduction

Blue Jay Way - Woof who named 6 more songs for a half point deduction

Komm Gib Mir Deine Hand - demomoke who named 14 songs for a 3 point deduction.

Final standings tomorrow. I'll leave open the last Blue bonus until then.
BobF

Post by BobF »

Here are our bottom 12, the prize is, well, I'll pay the postage on your download of the entire Beatles' music catalog:

24. Bamaman 95 points
23. econgator 85 points
22. debramc 81 points
21. immaf 68 points
20. dott888 65 points
19. gamawire 58 points
18. Ryno 57 points
17. lpmastor 56 points
16. Me (thus proving I truly suck at these games) 54 points
15. Blue Lion 53 points
14. brainpower 51 points
13. sarah0114 48 points
immaf
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by immaf »

The world has gone mad, I tell you! I didn't even make the anti-podium! Since I could only think of about 18-20 Beatles songs to begin with, you'd think I would own last place. But Nooooo.
Teems with quiet fun.
BobF

Post by BobF »

The also-ran six. As a prize, you guys get the movie Yellow Submarine, viewable at your nearest youtube.com

12. Vanya 47 points
11. whatisbishkek 36 points
10. Woof - who did not miss a chance to use "Hey Bulldog" for an answer to any of the questions - 33.5 points
9. MarkBarrett - 33 points
8. barandall800 - 31 points
7. Vermonter - 28 points

P.S. Thanks to immaf for the laugh. :-)
BobF

Post by BobF »

And now our top finishers among those with positive scores, winners of a night out with Yoko Ono

6th place, our last entry, Randy G with 26 points
5th place, Abraxas with 25 points
4th place, jgamer with 19 points
BobF

Post by BobF »

In 3rd place, Woppy T with -7 points. Now the perfect prizes for Woppy are: A German-English Dictionary, copies of "Sie Liebt Dich" and "Komm Gib Mir Deine Hand", and a spa day with a new photo taken immediately afterwards.

While Woppy was the ONLY participant to score bonus points on EVERY question, he limited his choices to English language songs, thus allowing our top two finishers to scoop up more bonus points.
BobF

Post by BobF »

In 2nd place, earning the title of JBoard Beatlemaniac of the year (which unfortunately expires in 3 weeks) with -16 points is demomoke!

And our grand prize winner, who earns a lifetime membership to the Beatles fan club (does it even still exist) with -18.5 points is, he's a little bit county, he's a little bit rock 'n roll - countyguy!

Raw scores with standings will be posted later today. Thanks to all of you for playing and congrats to the top finishers!
BobF

Post by BobF »

And here are our top ten finishers with raw scores. I left in the -9 bonus for no drops because I'm pretty sure none of these folks dropped a question. Not a lot of movement except, as I expected, Woppy T ends up #1 in raw score:

10. Woof, 34 points
9. MarkBarrett, 33 points
8. barandall800, 31 points
7. Vermonter, 28 points
6. Randy G, 27 points
Tied for 4th with 25 points, Abraxas and demomoke
3. jgamer, 23 points
2. countyguy, 22 points
1. Woppy T, 20 points

I'll give the edge for 4th place to demomoke due to the Junk/Singalong Junk controversy probably costing him a point.
Woppy T

Post by Woppy T »

BobF wrote:In 3rd place, Woppy T with -7 points. Now the perfect prizes for Woppy are: A German-English Dictionary, copies of "Sie Liebt Dich" and "Komm Gib Mir Deine Hand", and a spa day with a new photo taken immediately afterwards.

While Woppy was the ONLY participant to score bonus points on EVERY question, he limited his choices to English language songs, thus allowing our top two finishers to scoop up more bonus points.
Love it! When I was putting together my master list, I remembered both of those songs but had no earthly idea how to spell them so I just decided not to even try.

Thanks again for a great game! (and for awarding me something other than a date with Yoko)
countyguy
Vacuously Undefeated on J!

Post by countyguy »

This game was really awesome. Congratulations and a handshake to the other podiumites! (Also, I did not have the German songs in my list. I was not sure that the "She Loves You" one was ever released pre-Past Masters outside of Germany, and I had no idea how to spell the other German one.)

First, it took me some perfect timing to win this TD. Right when this TD was posted, I was constantly cycling through an almost complete playlist of the Beatles catalog that I made, and I was just learning the names of other Beatles songs. I would probably not place very highly here in most Beatles trivia contests, but this is my absolute wheelhouse. Also, this is the first time since I joined here that I have known even one answer to every question on a TD that I was not hosting.

Lastly, I really dodged a bullet on the last question revealed, question B. I was silly and thought the question specified "3 or more B's", rather than "3 B's", which would qualify "Everybody's Trying To Be My Baby". I actually wanted to use that song, but it was taken due to another question. This means that I could have gotten a wrong answer penalty on the last question, which would have been a disaster.