The Official TPH Education Thread (POTENTIAL GAME DAY SPOILERS)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, dhkendall, trainman, econgator

Re: The Official TPH Education Thread (POTENTIAL GAME DAY SPOILERS)

Postby MarkBarrett » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:37 pm

TenPoundHammer wrote:
MarkBarrett wrote:
TenPoundHammer wrote:How did we run out of time in the J! round anyway? We seemed to be hauling ass, there were barely any TSes, and I'm 99% sure he never gave the LTAM.

Alex gave the LTAM when Joe was making his DD wager at clue 25. That 1% gets you again. That's why you don't like to guess. :)

That still doesn't answer how we managed to run out of time. How many TSes were there in the J! round anyway? I recall very few. There were no video clues to eat up time either.

The AIRPORT clues had photos, so I would say they were a little longer than regular clues. Joe & Blair each had an incorrect response and Jack had three wrongs. Joe ran a category followed by an applause delay. Joe missed a DD. Alex more than once gave a summary of what remained on the board and had to deal with Jack in the hole and out of the hole.

It was a combination of factors that ate up some time with no one person really at fault as usually occurs.
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Postby Volante » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:34 pm

MarkBarrett wrote:
TenPoundHammer wrote:
MarkBarrett wrote:
TenPoundHammer wrote:How did we run out of time in the J! round anyway? We seemed to be hauling ass, there were barely any TSes, and I'm 99% sure he never gave the LTAM.

Alex gave the LTAM when Joe was making his DD wager at clue 25. That 1% gets you again. That's why you don't like to guess. :)

That still doesn't answer how we managed to run out of time. How many TSes were there in the J! round anyway? I recall very few. There were no video clues to eat up time either.

The AIRPORT clues had photos, so I would say they were a little longer than regular clues. Joe & Blair each had an incorrect response and Jack had three wrongs. Joe ran a category followed by an applause delay. Joe missed a DD. Alex more than once gave a summary of what remained on the board and had to deal with Jack in the hole and out of the hole.

It was a combination of factors that ate up some time with no one person really at fault as usually occurs.

Unless there's a video category. Miss five clues and no video category? Not even a whisper. Miss five clues with a video category? BURN THE WITCH!!
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Postby beatlesfan317 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:30 pm

Yes, having fun is very important. Try a jeapardy video game, they are a little easer, fun and interactive.
Panic Mansion http://philome.la/beatlesfan317/panic-mansion is a combination of a trivia game and an action-rpg available to play online, in a web browser for free. You must answer questions and defeating bosses at the end of each level.
beatlesfan317

Postby JemRiffster » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:59 pm

TenPoundHammer wrote:Sons of Aaron = Irish?

Erin, not Aaron. It's a poetic name for Ireland.

TenPoundHammer wrote:Prisoners of War = Geneva?

The clue referenced Hogan's Heroes, a TV show set in a WWII prisoner of war camp.

TenPoundHammer wrote:Scarface?

IIRC, the clue named Tony Montana, who is the main character of Scarface. For some reason, Tony Montana is incredibly iconic (though I'm sure being played by Al Pacino helps...). He's iconic enough that I can't remember the last time I've been in a mall and haven't seen him on some merchandise.

TenPoundHammer wrote:Trafalgar?!?

Horatio Nelson + 1805 battle = Trafalgar.
JemRiffster
Contributor

Postby goatman » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:14 pm

Ummm TPH, there's a Nelson Column in Trafalgar Square in London. They named a piece of London for it!
The corridors of my mind are plastered with 3M Post-It notes!
goatman
Man Who Stares At Goats!

Postby CailinGaoilge » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:59 pm

JemRiffster wrote:
TenPoundHammer wrote:Sons of Aaron = Irish?

Erin, not Aaron. It's a poetic name for Ireland.

It's actually an Anglicisation of the Irish-language word for "of Ireland": Éireann. Sons of Ireland would be Mac na hÉireann.
CailinGaoilge
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Location: Ontario, Canada; formerly resident in UK and Ireland

Previous

Return to Game Discussions