Friday, November 21, 2014 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

mbclev
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Friday, November 21, 2014 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by mbclev »

seaborgium wrote:
mbclev wrote:Of course, the names David Siegel, Molly Rosenbusch, Emily Chang, Diana North et al. still come into my mind, and possibly a lot of other Clevelanders' minds
Go out to a Cleveland mall and take a poll of random people, and see how many people actually recognize any of those names.

Edit: Wait, who the heck is Emily Chang?! Not a Jeopardy contestant, that's for sure.
She's the Kids Week contestant that misspelled her FJ response of Benjamin Franklin in 2005, thus costing her the game. (Her last name might be Zhang; I'm not fully sure, but you know what I mean.) That whole Kids Week in 2005 was an abomination, with one player finishing DJ at -$5000. Emily might still be hearing it from her inner circle of friends and acquaintances to this day.
jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 »

mbclev wrote: Emily might still be hearing it from her inner circle of friends and acquaintances to this day.
Not all people are assholes
lieph82

Post by lieph82 »

jeff6286 wrote:
mbclev wrote: Emily might still be hearing it from her inner circle of friends and acquaintances to this day.
nah she's from Indianapolis so she'll be okay, don't you worry clevster
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

jeff6286 wrote:
That remark is extremely offensive to people with colostomy bags
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

seaborgium wrote:
jeff6286 wrote:
How about people with wooden colostomy bags?
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
zdude69closedrofl
Valued Contributor

Post by zdude69closedrofl »

mbclev wrote:
seaborgium wrote:
mbclev wrote:Of course, the names David Siegel, Molly Rosenbusch, Emily Chang, Diana North et al. still come into my mind, and possibly a lot of other Clevelanders' minds
Go out to a Cleveland mall and take a poll of random people, and see how many people actually recognize any of those names.

Edit: Wait, who the heck is Emily Chang?! Not a Jeopardy contestant, that's for sure.
She's the Kids Week contestant that misspelled her FJ response of Benjamin Franklin in 2005, thus costing her the game. (Her last name might be Zhang; I'm not fully sure, but you know what I mean.) That whole Kids Week in 2005 was an abomination, with one player finishing DJ at -$5000. Emily might still be hearing it from her inner circle of friends and acquaintances to this day.
I don't get why you're so bent on holding grudges against game show contestants that have no relation to you. Also, "hearing it from her inner circle of friends and acquaintances to this day." Like come on. If your perception of everyone is really that harsh and begrudging, you've clearly not seeked the professional help that you've so claimed. As far as people still holding onto petty situations like losing on a game show, the only one who seems to be taking it to heart is you. I've been watching Jeopardy! since 2004 (thanks, KJ), and I've seen many reruns of older tournaments, and I definitely don't recognize half of the names you've listed. I've lurked on here for a while, and I've seen a lot of your posts, and while there's so much more I could say about you or even suggest for you, you're stubbornness will continue to prevail and nothing's going to change. In the end, you're just another bitter person on the Internet. Please quit ruining this game for other people, none of us are asking for it.
zakharov

Post by zakharov »

It's been a banner week for this board attracting more weirdos than usual.
4-time pool swimmer - last audition June 2019
Follow me on Twitter @JakeMHS
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

seaborgium wrote:
jeff6286 wrote:
Or to species that don't have buttocks. Can that particular orifice still be called an asshole then?

Or what about species that have cloacas?
FireAntsDefense
This is the Big One

Post by FireAntsDefense »

dhkendall wrote:
lieph82 wrote:multiple well-meaning posters urge you to get professional help.
It can even be by her.
I wonder if her desk is an old table from "$25,000 Pyramid".
grindcore
Some Guy

Post by grindcore »

Ben! What a player. 100% deserved.

Global "web"? Eesh. Thought that was a gimme.

I got "Dear John" too for my only lach trash of the finals.

Back to the plebs on Monday, should be nice.
mbclev

Post by mbclev »

zdude69closedrofl wrote:I don't get why you're so bent on holding grudges against game show contestants that have no relation to you. Also, "hearing it from her inner circle of friends and acquaintances to this day." Like come on. If your perception of everyone is really that harsh and begrudging, you've clearly not seeked the professional help that you've so claimed. As far as people still holding onto petty situations like losing on a game show, the only one who seems to be taking it to heart is you. I've been watching Jeopardy! since 2004 (thanks, KJ), and I've seen many reruns of older tournaments, and I definitely don't recognize half of the names you've listed. I've lurked on here for a while, and I've seen a lot of your posts, and while there's so much more I could say about you or even suggest for you, you're stubbornness will continue to prevail and nothing's going to change. In the end, you're just another bitter person on the Internet. Please quit ruining this game for other people, none of us are asking for it.
No, these other people I have mentioned et al. are taking it to heart as well, because their mistakes were so egregious. (I wouldn't be surprised if thoughts about their mistakes pervade their minds from time to time. If I made such a mistake, I would be bitter about it for years.) And you're right; nothing is going to change, because that's the way I feel about it, and NO ONE is going to change my opinion of it. Your collective credibility took a hit with me when you went crazy at me for my pointing out the "man with a wooden leg" J! clue from 2003 as a sick joke (which it is). I do not ruin it for other people; I'm just stating the facts, and if you can't handle it, then there is something wrong with all of you.
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

mbclev wrote:Your collective credibility took a hit with me when you went crazy at me for my pointing out the "man with a wooden leg" J! clue from 2003 as a sick joke (which it is).
How can you talk credibility when you quote completely out of context? If you had said "Take a picture [...] with a wooden leg", you might still have some credibility. But I doubt it.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

mbclev wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if thoughts about their mistakes pervade their minds from time to time.
Something can't "pervade" from time to time.
mbclev

Post by mbclev »

bpmod wrote:
mbclev wrote:Your collective credibility took a hit with me when you went crazy at me for my pointing out the "man with a wooden leg" J! clue from 2003 as a sick joke (which it is).
How can you talk credibility when you quote completely out of context? If you had said "Take a picture [...] with a wooden leg", you might still have some credibility. But I doubt it.

Brian
It is NOT out of context! It is still a sick joke regardless of how it is said.
MiloTheMayor
Contributor

Post by MiloTheMayor »

zakharov wrote:It's been a banner week for this board attracting more weirdos than usual.
+1.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

mbclev wrote: No, these other people I have mentioned et al. are taking it to heart as well
I'll take WILD ASSUMPTIONS for $2,000, Alex.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

zakharov wrote:It's been a banner week for this board attracting more weirdos than usual.
TPH isn't so bad after all.
TheyCallMeMrKid
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by TheyCallMeMrKid »

Bamaman wrote:
TPH isn't so bad after all.
He may be a weirdo, but he's our weirdo?
Sheepin' it real.
goatman
Man Who Stares At Goats!

Post by goatman »

TPH you're my Hero man! Well, maybe Lysander... keep on truckin' bro! :D
The corridors of my mind are plastered with 3M Post-It notes!
billiej

Post by billiej »

mbclev wrote: If I made such a mistake, I would be bitter about it for years.
Versus the Mr. Happy-go-lucky we know now? Wow! :shock: