Jeopardy and Wheel vs the NFL: The Email Saga

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Re: Jeopardy and Wheel vs the NFL: The Email Saga

Post by Volante »

MarkBarrett wrote: Better manager and better pitching in 2015. Get your bets down, the Back to the Future II prophecy is coming true. :lol:
I won't be getting my hopes up til September...
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Shadows (5), Foxy Brown (7), Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6)
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Volante wrote:
MarkBarrett wrote: Better manager and better pitching in 2015. Get your bets down, the Back to the Future II prophecy is coming true. :lol:
Sure, prolong the agony.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

alietr wrote:
Volante wrote:
Sure, prolong the agony.
Right? We Mets fans already know where we're finishing.

Embrace the suck.

At least my Islanders are doing well for once.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

econgator wrote:At least my Islanders are doing well for once.
I got to see them beat the Caps in OT up in NY over Thanksgiving. I haven't been to the Coliseum in at least 20 years, but truth be told, it wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting it to be from everything I've heard. Plus given that the Dead played there, it's hallowed ground.
Carpe Diem
Boardeh

Post by Carpe Diem »

Budphrey wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
Budphrey wrote:This will only get worse in the next few years as the station has just acquired the local broadcast rights for the Cubs, who (by local ordinance) have to schedule any Thursday or Friday home games during daylight. And they will routinely also put a Wednesday game in the afternoon if it's the last one before a road trip.
:o
At least J! will be in repeats for six of those weeks. :roll:
(Thanks for the heads up, though.)
Postscript: WLS says it will only be broadcasting 25 Cubs games next summer (compared with the 60 games WGN was airing yearly). So that means 45 more games shunted to cable, and fewer opportunities to disrupt the Jeopardy! schedule. So, not as big an issue as it might have been.
Looks like seven weekday games:
Wednesday, April 8th @ 1:20 (Season 31) http://abc7chicago.com/entertainment/pr ... 15/637522/ (3:10 am)
Friday, April 17th @ 1:20 (Season 31)
Thursday, June 25th @ 1:20 (Season 31) http://abc7chicago.com/entertainment/pr ... 15/663655/ (3:10 am)
Wednesday, July 22nd @ 11:35 (Season 31)
Thursday, August 13th @ 1:20 (repeat of ToC final game 1) http://abc7chicago.com/entertainment/pr ... 15/927257/ (3:00 am)
Friday, September 18th @ 1:20 (Season 32) http://abc7chicago.com/entertainment/pr ... on/991203/ (3:05 am)
Friday, September 25th @ 1:20 (Season 32) http://abc7chicago.com/entertainment/pr ... n/1002152/ (3:05 am)
Last edited by Carpe Diem on Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:55 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Budphrey
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Budphrey »

Carpe Diem wrote:Looks like seven weekday games:
Wednesday, April 8th @ 1:20 (Season 31)
Friday, April 17th @ 1:20 (Season 31)
Thursday, June 25th @ 1:20 (Season 31)
Wednesday, July 22nd @ 11:35 (Season 31)
Thursday, August 13th @ 1:20 (repeat)
Friday, September 18th @ 1:20 (Season 32)
Friday, September 25th @ 1:20 (Season 32)
Thanks, that's a great aid for planning. Apparently only one of those falls in summer J! rerun territory.

Even further off topic, but I have to mention this somewhere ... as last night's Cubs debut revealed little progress with respect to a familiar series of woes — 0 for 13 with runners in scoring position, multiple innings with a runner left on third (oh, and no runs scored the whole game), a major defensive lapse in right field to compound what we've become used to at short — and let's not forget the severe flaws in the polish on our newly acquired überstar starting pitcher — I hope I can be indulged in sharing this bit of doggerel that I composed almost three years ago, but the spirit of which seems to still apply:

These are the queasiest possible words:
Second and third with no outs.
Lineup of Cubbies with bats for the birds,
Fecklessly flailing each time that they hike out,
Yielding a foul bunt, a pop-up and strikeout,
Ghoulish tableau for an unholy psych-out:
Poo-tee-weet? So it goes.
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

Budphrey wrote: Even further off topic, but I have to mention this somewhere ... as last night's Cubs debut revealed little progress with respect to a familiar series of woes...
The Cubs lost before the game started. Opening night and that is the version of "God Bless America" for the nation to hear? London Lo has the appropriate last name.

How about another poem?

Lester is rich, but can he pitch?