Sports Jeopardy! EP. 17 (1-14-15) [Spoilers]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Sports Jeopardy! EP. 17 (1-14-15) [Spoilers]

Post by MarkBarrett »

Padraic made his DD pay to end up stealing the game. It must have been the good luck hug from Dan that helped him. That would not be Alex's hosting style.

Rowdy Roddy Piper being in They Live was my kind of trash. Miami for jai alai seemed like a good time to guess.

The scoreboard with 11 & 21 with 19 & 85 has me stumped for November 21, 1985 if that is what it should be.

During the FJ! round the guys did not say aloud their responses and wagers. Schimri from the lead could not capitalize on a gift gimme. Namath/TV movie should be an instaget even with 1968 a long time ago.

The category of NFL Controversy had me expecting a Raiders connection, but I was thinking something about the Immaculate Reception.
grindcore
Some Guy

Re: Sports Jeopardy! EP. 17 (1-14-15) [Spoilers]

Post by grindcore »

Hey, someone got a soccer question right! (Although he was flipping the coin between Barça and Real Madrid)
amorris525
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by amorris525 »

Easiest FJ to date.

There was an absurd amount of audio edits in this game. For some reason audio edits in game shows really annoy me.
TheyCallMeMrKid
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by TheyCallMeMrKid »

What was going on with all of the contestants answering before being called on in this game? This seemed so choppy that it made me wonder whether this was the first episode filmed. Contestants seemed to be more nervous than other episodes as well. Also noticed that the contestants did not read their FJ answers in this episode.

Lach Trash: Bill Elliott, Oslo, Miami, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Caroline Wozniacki

Instaget FJ. It was pretty easy to tell before the reveal who had gotten it and who didn't.

I tried to do the sync thing with the app but it didn't sync and I didn't want to spend a lot of time trying to figure it out. Has anyone tried it? What's the point?
Sheepin' it real.
Rackme32
Three-time Failer Of The Online Jeopardy! Test

Post by Rackme32 »

Sports J! Writers, repeat after me...

Pro rassling is NOT a sport. Now that you know that, never ever write a rassling question again. Only possible exception would be if a rassler had been a well-known pro or Div. 1 college athlete playing a legit SPORT before going into the rassling thing.
jeopfansincebirth
Keeper of the All-Time Rankings

Post by jeopfansincebirth »

MarkBarrett wrote:The category of NFL Controversy had me expecting a Raiders connection, but I was thinking something about the Immaculate Reception.
It was a Raiders connection, but it was the "Heidi" game against the New York Jets, not the Immaculate Reception against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Michael M.
"Keeper of the Rankings"
Ryno

Post by Ryno »

IMO, I don't mind some pro wrestling related clues every now and then.

Lach Trash: Bill Elliot, Kristi Yamaguchi, Oslo, Caroline Woziniaki, Benito Santiago, Miami

Instaget FJ
One time swimmer in the Jeopardy! pool
jpr281
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by jpr281 »

TheyCallMeMrKid wrote:What was going on with all of the contestants answering before being called on in this game? This seemed so choppy that it made me wonder whether this was the first episode filmed.
I was thinking the same thing. Dan seemed sub-par. In the "Auto Biography Subjects" Dan never said specifically that it was an auto-racing category until the 250 point clue was chosen (the 1000 point Bill Elliot clue was chosen first with no mention that it was about auto-racing).
legendneverdies

Post by legendneverdies »

Would have been a lock tie game if not for Padraic buzzing in on the last clue of DJ! Whether the leader would have wagered zero and third place would have wagered it all is not known, however.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Rackme32 wrote:Sports J! Writers, repeat after me...

Pro rassling is NOT a sport. Now that you know that, never ever write a rassling question again. Only possible exception would be if a rassler had been a well-known pro or Div. 1 college athlete playing a legit SPORT before going into the rassling thing.
I am hoping for a category about real wrestling. If they keep shoving soccer down our throats every week why not?

I got FJ before he finished reading the answer. But if you don't know the story, you would never guess it.
Birdman
Just Starting Out on JBoard

Post by Birdman »

You guys are good. It was the first taping.
TerrHeel
Sports Jeopardy! Champion

Post by TerrHeel »

Just finished watching this one. Man, that was rough. Like mentioned above, all of the audio edits, combined with the contestants answering before Dan called them (and Dan just seeming to forget to call them many times), made for a super choppy game. Final Jeopardy was a piece of cake, for sure. I've pretty much enjoyed every episode so far, but that was definitely my least favorite.
sroel908

Post by sroel908 »

I tried to do the sync thing with the app but it didn't sync and I didn't want to spend a lot of time trying to figure it out. Has anyone tried it? What's the point?
I couldn't figure this out at first, either.

The app syncs with the SJ! episode through sound...make sure you are watching the SJ! episode with the sound up and your device close by. The payoff isn't too exciting, however. You just get extra coins/tickets for use when playing the app. All you have to do is tap the screen at certain points in the episode and collect the rewards.
heelsrule1988
Sports Jeopardy! Alum/VVL #19

Post by heelsrule1988 »

Hugs and hand pounds all around... somewher, Stuart Scott is smiling. :)

1/14: 18,000 (FJ: :mrgreen:)