Thursday, February 26, 2015 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Re: Thursday, February 26, 2015 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by trainman »

And I've been to a minor-league baseball game in KCK.

Well, part of one, at least. (It rained.)
barandall800
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by barandall800 »

BigDaddyMatty wrote:
Golf wrote:
silverscreentest wrote:How many people even realize the more populous Kansas City is in Missouri and not Kansas.
Hopefully very few. The airport is in MO, the Royals play in MO, the Chiefs play in MO, etc. Nothing much on the KS side.
Except, apparently, Kansas Speedway, which I learned the hard way during the round where I was dethroned from the Money Chair on MSQ.

Also on the Kansas side is Joe's Kansas City Bar-B-Que (neeOklahoma Joe's), which produces the finest barbecue you'll ever get from a gas station.
I testify to that. Part of the reason I want to go back to Kansas so badly is just so I can eat there again. And I wasn't a huge BBQ fan before either.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

barandall800 wrote:
BigDaddyMatty wrote:
Golf wrote:
silverscreentest wrote:How many people even realize the more populous Kansas City is in Missouri and not Kansas.
Hopefully very few. The airport is in MO, the Royals play in MO, the Chiefs play in MO, etc. Nothing much on the KS side.
Except, apparently, Kansas Speedway, which I learned the hard way during the round where I was dethroned from the Money Chair on MSQ.

Also on the Kansas side is Joe's Kansas City Bar-B-Que (neeOklahoma Joe's), which produces the finest barbecue you'll ever get from a gas station.
I testify to that. Part of the reason I want to go back to Kansas so badly is just so I can eat there again. And I wasn't a huge BBQ fan before either.
The better BBQ is in KCMO.
barandall800
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by barandall800 »

econgator wrote:
barandall800 wrote:
BigDaddyMatty wrote:
Golf wrote:

Yeah, pretty much anywhere around there you can find some killer BBQ.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

My only BBQ experience in KC was Arthur Bryant's in Missouri. It was very good and you get a lot for your money. We were there for a wrestling tournament and my wife and I ate there and bought a sandwich to split. We still couldn't finish it and we had enough to make a sandwich to take to Bamaboy at the tourney and it filled him up.
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

econgator wrote:
barandall800 wrote:
BigDaddyMatty wrote:Also on the Kansas side is Joe's Kansas City Bar-B-Que (neeOklahoma Joe's), which produces the finest barbecue you'll ever get from a gas station.
Joe's Kansas City is right on the border. That whole area is essentially KCMO, even the stuff on the Kansas side. KCK has a whole different feel to it and there's not much there.

Who do you think has better? I'm not in the camp that thinks Joe's is better than everything else. The top contenders all taste pretty similar. And Joe's is a lot cheaper than Jack Stack.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

opusthepenguin wrote:Who do you think has better? I'm not in the camp that thinks Joe's is better than everything else. The top contenders all taste pretty similar. And Joe's is a lot cheaper than Jack Stack.
I preferred Gates.
Silverfox
Don't Step on My Tail!

Post by Silverfox »

Regarding that Pony Express clue, I visited that city and therefore it was an instget for me. St Louis is an understandable wrong answer.
FJ was also easy for me. One of the perks of being a senior.
Be alert. Stupid never takes a day off!