What's My Line?

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

mennoknight
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: What's My Line?

Post by mennoknight »

Johnblue wrote:
mennoknight wrote:I design training for air traffic controllers, dad of two.

Well, that's interesting! For American controllers?
Nope, up north.
I eat chicken. That's what I do.
immaf
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by immaf »

I'm a marketing writer for a software firm. I used to be a semiconductor engineer.
I'm also a lyric soprano, although I'm not good enough to get paid to sing. I cantor at my church, and I perform in amateur theater productions (both opera/musicals and straight plays) when I get cast.

Congratulations, Harrumph! Pricing vinyl, huh? Eventually (since you're all busy getting hitched) I may PM you with a question.
Teems with quiet fun.
WooWho?
Jeopardy! Almost-Champion

Post by WooWho? »

You know that show on public radio, Marketplace? I'm a fill-in producer for them, and sometimes get up at the crack of dawn (or before dawn, I guess, since I'm on the West Coast) to direct the Marketplace Morning Report.

I also have a side project, when I'm not making radio--my late grandfather wrote a memoir of his time serving in the Korean War, and my family and I are translating it into English. I'm keeping a "production diary" of sorts here.

As far as game shows go, I've been on Kids' Jeopardy!, The Price is Right, The Experts, and Wheel of Fortune. Whiffed the auditions for Millionaire, The Chase, and that new Mark Burnett thing (though I passed the test for The Chase once).
アタックチャンス!
Judy5cents
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by Judy5cents »

I write mystery books although I can't say I make a living at it. I was a stay-at-home mom until the kid had the gall to grow up and go off to college. These days my job is doing anything that involves listening to hold music and picking up dog poop.
NYCScribbler
Harbinger of the Outchange

Post by NYCScribbler »

I sit in a cubicle and sell office supplies to stupid people.

When not doing that, I'm usually doing something involved with women's basketball.

30, married, NEVER KIDS, no pets.
"Who said anything about a horse?!"

"Also, how the bleep did I forget Russia even exists?!"- TPH
one-nil 2.0
Contributor

Post by one-nil 2.0 »

reddpen wrote:
one-nil 2.0 wrote:Luftmensch, underachiever and all-around Good Time Charlie.
Unite FTW! If luftmensch isn't in everyone's vocabulary, look it up and add it now... like I'm adding the above to my resume.

When I'm earning a living, it's as an editor of some sort: technical, copy, Microsoft marketing materials. Married, two kids, one annoying cat, nest to empty in months. I've been coaching ultimate Frisbee since 2006 and playing since 1983. Of course, what I should be doing is writing...

So far 0-fer in game show auditions: WWTBAM (2002), this show (3x and counting), The Chase (2014), that new Mark Burnett show (2015).

Hope marriage doesn't make harrumph any less grumpy.
Yiddish is a lively, vital language, useful in many encounters here in La-La Land, some parts of which have been dubbed Tel Aviv West. If Yiddish is not verboten over there in Boeingville, give it a try.

As well, best wishes with the ultimate frisbee.
BobF

Post by BobF »

reddpen wrote:
one-nil 2.0 wrote:Luftmensch, underachiever and all-around Good Time Charlie.
Unite FTW! If luftmensch isn't in everyone's vocabulary, look it up and add it now... like I'm adding the above to my resume.

When I'm earning a living, it's as an editor of some sort: technical, copy, Microsoft marketing materials. Married, two kids, one annoying cat, nest to empty in months. I've been coaching ultimate Frisbee since 2006 and playing since 1983. Of course, what I should be doing is writing...

So far 0-fer in game show auditions: WWTBAM (2002), this show (3x and counting), The Chase (2014), that new Mark Burnett show (2015).

Hope marriage doesn't make harrumph any less grumpy.
Cool, I've been playing ultimate for about the same amount of time. What type of people do you coach? HS students?
Was once hugged by Maggie Speak!
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

Not sure how I missed this thread till now, but I'm an engineer for Boeing. Primarily my work is in the design of fuselage structure.
Blue Lion

Post by Blue Lion »

This Is Kirk! wrote:Not sure how I missed this thread till now, but I'm an engineer for Boeing. Primarily my work is in the design of fuselage structure.
What's up with all the Boeing ads that ran during the first weekend of the NCAA tournament? I don't know very many basketball fans who are in the market for a new Dreamliner.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

Blue Lion wrote:
This Is Kirk! wrote:Not sure how I missed this thread till now, but I'm an engineer for Boeing. Primarily my work is in the design of fuselage structure.
What's up with all the Boeing ads that ran during the first weekend of the NCAA tournament? I don't know very many basketball fans who are in the market for a new Dreamliner.
Same reason Northrop Grumman and CSX run ads I imagine.

Couldn't say what that reason is, but I'm sure it's the same for all of them.
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): WIthnail & I (7), An Autumn Afternoon (7), Europa Europa (7), Tampopo (9)
ihavejeoprosy

Post by ihavejeoprosy »

Volante wrote:
Blue Lion wrote:

One of the tourney regionals is in Seattle. Maybe showing off the local economy?
Please follow me on Twitter @Cinjeopardy
Total game show losings: $25 K
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

ihavejeoprosy wrote:
Volante wrote:
Blue Lion wrote:

One of the tourney regionals is in Seattle. Maybe showing off the local economy?
This would be the reason then why the regionals in Detroit just had two minutes of static for commercials then ...
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
Blue Lion

Post by Blue Lion »

dhkendall wrote:This would be the reason then why the regionals in Detroit just had two minutes of static for commercials then ...
Ouch!

That said, I'm kind of used to where I live being the butt of jokes. Before moving to the Detroit area, I grew up in New Jersey.
BigDaddyMatty
Hoping not to get pruney this time

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

Blue Lion wrote:
dhkendall wrote:This would be the reason then why the regionals in Detroit just had two minutes of static for commercials then ...
Ouch!

That said, I'm kind of used to where I live being the butt of jokes. Before moving to the Detroit area, I grew up in New Jersey.
https://screen.yahoo.com/gov-paterson-d ... 00431.html (the good stuff starts around 2:30)
Sprinkles are for winners.
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

Blue Lion wrote:
Oh come on, there had to be an airline CEO or two tuned in. :)
Schliemann

Post by Schliemann »

I extract $$$ and socioeconomic/life justice M-F from JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, et al via the zero-sum blood sport that is the commodity futures markets as a trader; that and I co-founded and co-manage a record label, http://www.b3scirecords.com/ (the first band we signed was nominated for the Mercury Prize in the UK and another was the runner-up in Spotify's 2014 "Best New Artist" poll.)

p.s. miss ya
SweepingDeveloper
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by SweepingDeveloper »

I'm a night custodian from Pomona, KS. I also volunteer at a Christian radio station, an affiliate of American Family Radio.