TD 236: Wrestlemania (CLOSED, REVEAL TO COME)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

schoe
Loyal Jeopardista

Re: TD 236: Wrestlemania (CLOSED, REVEAL TO COME)

Post by schoe »

MitchO wrote:I'll take Top 5 for my very first TD! Would have done even better, but dammit Woof, I thought for sure Austin would be a singleton.
Austin as in Texas or Austin as in Stone Cold? :P
MitchO wrote: (Still can't believe Foley and Cena were singletons ... )
Part of it may be reverse psychology at play, but part of it is I think that Cena and Foley are no Hulk Hogan or The Rock (i.e., someone who knows nothing about wrestling would still know), so the set of people who know enough about wrestling to know who Cena or Foley are also know far more obscure champions and would go with one of them instead, there being so many possible right answers that any obscure champion is almost 100% guaranteed to be a singleton. (And yet, Stan Stasiak... :lol:)

No one using Russia for the Rusev question was one of those of-course!-in-retrospect ones for me... when I was thinking about post-Soviet states, it never occurred to me for a second to think about Russia as one of them. Did anyone think about Russia and not use it because they thought more people would answer it, or was everyone like me in never considering it to begin with?

Thanks for scoring squizzle!
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

Thank you squizzle for scoring this. I'll consider my prize as being in a 6-man tag team match with Mark Henry and Hornswoggle on my side.
BigDaddyMatty
Hoping not to get pruney this time

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

schoe wrote:Part of it may be reverse psychology at play, but part of it is I think that Cena and Foley are no Hulk Hogan or The Rock (i.e., someone who knows nothing about wrestling would still know), so the set of people who know enough about wrestling to know who Cena or Foley are also know far more obscure champions and would go with one of them instead, there being so many possible right answers that any obscure champion is almost 100% guaranteed to be a singleton. (And yet, Stan Stasiak... :lol:)
To quote a close personal friend of mine:
BigDaddyMatty wrote:8. Stan Stasiak (if this is not a singleton, I just give up)
The other answer I considered, Ezekiel Washington, was also chosen by another player. Go figure.
schoe wrote:No one using Russia for the Rusev question was one of those of-course!-in-retrospect ones for me... when I was thinking about post-Soviet states, it never occurred to me for a second to think about Russia as one of them. Did anyone think about Russia and not use it because they thought more people would answer it, or was everyone like me in never considering it to begin with?
I don't remember whether I considered it, but this is the single greatest thing about TD.
Sprinkles are for winners.
goforthetie
(username no longer operative)

Post by goforthetie »

Yes, thanks to squizzle for stepping up.
Blue Lion

Post by Blue Lion »

ihavejeoprosy wrote:Thanks for rescuing this squizzle. Youre the true intercontinental champion
Second that. Nice job of hosting!
Peachbox
3-time Jeopardy!/Sports Jeopardy! runner-up

Post by Peachbox »

Thanks to Heathen Benny for the TD, gamawire for following up, and squizzle for scoring the quiz! :)
Caboom

Post by Caboom »

Thanks for taking over the reveal squizzle! I don't have many top 8's so it would have been a personal travesty if this wasn't finished. :lol:
schoe wrote:Part of it may be reverse psychology at play, but part of it is I think that Cena and Foley are no Hulk Hogan or The Rock (i.e., someone who knows nothing about wrestling would still know
Yep, I've heard of Cena, but I could probably only have named Hogan and the Rock, and perhaps Austin, if prompted for wrestlers.
Blue Lion

Post by Blue Lion »

Blue Lion wrote:
ihavejeoprosy wrote:Thanks for rescuing this squizzle. Youre the true intercontinental champion
Second that. Nice job of coming on in relief! (sorry for the mixed metaphor)
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

Thanks to everyone for bringing this TD to a successful conclusion with especial props to squizzle for the scoring and quick reveal. Many congrats, too, to the podiumites.
schoe
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by schoe »

Blue Lion wrote:
Blue Lion wrote:
Second that. Nice job of coming on in relief! (sorry for the mixed metaphor)
Nice job of coming in with the hot tag you mean! :D
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

For future reference, if anyone wants to ask the monarch question again, a specific starting year should be given in the question.
BigDaddyMatty
Hoping not to get pruney this time

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

THIS WAS AWE-SOME *clap clap clap-clap-clap*
Sprinkles are for winners.
mxc_takeshi

Post by mxc_takeshi »

Dead last... :( ... like most jobbers, I've hit Rock Bottom. That was my first playthrough of a TD, so I'll see if I channel my inner Barry Horowitz the next time. *wrestling references galore*
Good job for bringing the TD through to its conclusion.
Magna
Hooked on Jeopardy

Post by Magna »

Thanks for the (tag) team effort! :)
JoshuaRQI
Valued Contributor

Post by JoshuaRQI »

Thanks for re-hosting! My first win, and I thought I was going to be too late in posting my answers.