Friday, May 22, 2015 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Silverfox
Don't Step on My Tail!

Re: Friday, May 22, 2015 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by Silverfox »

For one of the rare times, I got zero in that category about Musical typo marks. I hope to never see that again. But I did get 5/5 in Common bonds, Ends in "th", and Potpour"p". And I got FJ. So there it is.
Be alert. Stupid never takes a day off!
brick
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by brick »

Silverfox wrote:For one of the rare times, I got zero in that category about Musical typo marks. I hope to never see that again. But I did get 5/5 in Common bonds, Ends in "th", and Potpour"p". And I got FJ. So there it is.

I liked it. Enough that I could recite most of it to a friend who missed it. Please don't hate me.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

Robert K S wrote:
econgator wrote:Simple answer: they Archivists are all volunteers, so they enter rounds when and if they have the time.
More elaborate answer: it was a holiday weekend, so even the people that proof or enter games when they aren't entered timely haven't been able to get to it yet... :-)
Wasn't a holiday weekend for the guy who did the J! round. ;)
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
brick

Post by brick »

dhkendall wrote:
Robert K S wrote:
econgator wrote:Simple answer: they Archivists are all volunteers, so they enter rounds when and if they have the time.
More elaborate answer: it was a holiday weekend, so even the people that proof or enter games when they aren't entered timely haven't been able to get to it yet... :-)
I can't find a place where archivists are credited on the J-Archive, but I am guessing you are the Kendall I was encouraged to "blame" and you did the first round? Thank you for your hard work. That archive is seriously impressive. I'm actually glad that my memory failure led me to it, and to here.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

brick wrote:
dhkendall wrote:
Robert K S wrote:
I can't find a place where archivists are credited on the J-Archive, but I am guessing you are the Kendall I was encouraged to "blame" and you did the first round? Thank you for your hard work. That archive is seriously impressive. I'm actually glad that my memory failure led me to it, and to here.
Go to the "Help" tab a scroll all the way down. Don't worry, you have not set the record for most opening day posts yet.
jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 »

brick wrote:
dhkendall wrote:
Robert K S wrote:
There are credits at the bottom of the help page. I believe this is all Archivists, former and current.

*EDIT* scooped by MarkBarrett, but I provided a link, so I win! ;)
brick

Post by brick »

MarkBarrett wrote:
brick wrote:
dhkendall wrote:
Robert K S wrote:
Go to the "Help" tab a scroll all the way down. Don't worry, you have not set the record for most opening day posts yet.
Danke! (What is the record? Am I in range? :twisted: )
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

alietr wrote:That's the good thing about JBoard. We keep the nicest penguins around here.
I am surprised at you, alietr. Definite article? Like there is only one thing good about JBoard? For starters, what about our founder? And then, how about our fantastic moderators? And that's even before we get into the community.

What about all of those awesome JBoardies of the Month?

Oh, and the web host guy ain't too shabby either.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

bpmod wrote:
alietr wrote:That's the good thing about JBoard. We keep the nicest penguins around here.
I am surprised at you, alietr. Definite article? Like there is only one thing good about JBoard? For starters, what about our founder? And then, how about our fantastic moderators? And that's even before we get into the community.

What about all of those awesome JBoardies of the Month?

Oh, and the web host guy ain't too shabby either.

Brian
Busted. Okay, that's just one of the many good things around here.
brick

Post by brick »

jeff6286 wrote:
brick wrote:
dhkendall wrote:
Robert K S wrote:
There are credits at the bottom of the help page. I believe this is all Archivists, former and current.

*EDIT* scooped by MarkBarrett, but I provided a link, so I win! ;)
Thank you. The link was very thoughtful.
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

MarkBarrett wrote:Don't worry, you have not set the record for most opening day posts yet.
Where would we find (or how would we go about finding) that record?

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
Wheatley

Post by Wheatley »

TenPoundHammer wrote:
Volante wrote:
TenPoundHammer wrote: WLT New York on Green Books for $400?
The thing you hate doing because it always results in the wrong answer.
Okay, then what was the vague hint that was supposed to make you go for the obvious then? Because I didn't even see anything like THAT.
The clue calls it a "Metropolis," when they would normally say "City," which is hinting that the answer has "City" in its name, because the actual title of the book is "The Natural History of New York City."
Coryats calculator, share and enjoy. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

Wheatley wrote:
TenPoundHammer wrote:
Volante wrote:
Okay, then what was the vague hint that was supposed to make you go for the obvious then? Because I didn't even see anything like THAT.
The clue calls it a "Metropolis," when they would normally say "City," which is hinting that the answer has "City" in its name, because the actual title of the book is "The Natural History of New York City."

Because New York City is the only city in the US with "city" in its name.

See what I mean about "go for the obvious"? Way too subjective.
Wheatley

Post by Wheatley »

Metropolis is a pretty hyperbolic sounding word, has to be something huge - I sure wouldn't describe say Kansas City as a metropolis.
Coryats calculator, share and enjoy. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

bpmod wrote:
MarkBarrett wrote:Don't worry, you have not set the record for most opening day posts yet.

Brian
Those of us with long memories for infamous posters know exactly what the record is.

As long as the signal:noise ratio is good, you're clear. But, you make three nonsense posts in a row and you are ...

(Sorry, was just watching 500 Questions and it got stuck in my head)
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
brick

Post by brick »

dhkendall wrote:
bpmod wrote:

Brian
Those of us with long memories for infamous posters know exactly what the record is.

As long as the signal:noise ratio is good, you're clear. But, you make three nonsense posts in a row and you are ...

(Sorry, was just watching 500 Questions and it got stuck in my head)

Fair enough.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

dhkendall wrote:
bpmod wrote:

Brian
Pretty sure ahir ya loud and clear ...
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

dhkendall wrote:As long as the signal:noise ratio is good, you're clear. But, you make three nonsense posts in a row and you are ...
An ex-Boardie.
BigDaddyMatty
Hoping not to get pruney this time

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

TenPoundHammer wrote:
Wheatley wrote:
TenPoundHammer wrote:
Volante wrote:

Because New York City is the only city in the US with "city" in its name.

See what I mean about "go for the obvious"? Way too subjective.
Really, dude? No, we don't see what you mean. New York City is far and away the largest city metropolis in the United States. That's why it--and not Kansas City, Jefferson City, Circuit City or Grand Theft Auto: Vice City--is "the obvious."
Sprinkles are for winners.
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

opusthepenguin wrote:my own first thought was to tell you that you needed to subscribe to the pay site to avoid these delays.
Yeah, don't give us ideas