"Fifty Right, Every Night"

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

How often have you questioned 50 answers correctly in a game of Jeopardy!?

I've never done it.
31%
I've done it once, ever.
3%
I've done it somewhere between 2-5 times.
22%
I've done it 6 or more times.
30%
I've done it 10 episodes in a row.
11%
I've appeared on Jeopardy! already.
23%

Total votes: 74

chmmr
Loyal Jeopardista

Re: "Fifty Right, Every Night"

Post by chmmr »

I've got a question about buzzer timing. Is the button that turns the podium lights on rigged up to trigger the camera switching from the board to the contestants? I feel like it's plausible because it might make editing way easier, and occasionally contestants hit that lightning perfect timing where it appears that they hit the buzzer before the camera switches over to them.
Volante wrote: I've also had a 30/30 board exactly once (27 Sep, 2013. One of my 50+ regulars)
damnnnnn
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

chmmr wrote:I've got a question about buzzer timing. Is the button that turns the podium lights on rigged up to trigger the camera switching from the board to the contestants? I feel like it's plausible because it might make editing way easier, and occasionally contestants hit that lightning perfect timing where it appears that they hit the buzzer before the camera switches over to them.
In one of my games (I think it was my fifth) there was a clue where it cut from the text to the wide shot of the contestants with my buzz-in lights on, and one or two of my outer pairs of lights already out, because as it taped, Alex stumbled over the end and corrected himself, but me and the offstage button presser had both set our end-of-clue reflexes in motion, so I buzzed in and had to wait for Alex to finish. (I use this story as the main example of how luckily, ridiculously on-point my buzzer instincts were at times during my tapings.)
BulgarianBeast
Valued Contributor

Post by BulgarianBeast »

seaborgium wrote:
chmmr wrote:I've got a question about buzzer timing. Is the button that turns the podium lights on rigged up to trigger the camera switching from the board to the contestants? I feel like it's plausible because it might make editing way easier, and occasionally contestants hit that lightning perfect timing where it appears that they hit the buzzer before the camera switches over to them.
In one of my games (I think it was my fifth) there was a clue where it cut from the text to the wide shot of the contestants with my buzz-in lights on, and one or two of my outer pairs of lights already out, because as it taped, Alex stumbled over the end and corrected himself, but me and the offstage button presser had both set our end-of-clue reflexes in motion, so I buzzed in and had to wait for Alex to finish. (I use this story as the main example of how luckily, ridiculously on-point my buzzer instincts were at times during my tapings.)
So would you say that in general, if you are "buzzing in" from home, you want to have your "buzz" go around the time the light comes on for the contestant who has successfully buzzed in first? :)