Updated Jeopardy! website

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Re: Updated Jeopardy! website

Post by Robert K S »

And anyway a triple-0 game is not really such a remote possibility considering that TPTB reasonably should expect thousands more games to be played under these rules, and the scenario occurred at least twice (help me--or more?) in the first few thousand games. Furthermore, I would think that three players negging on all-in Final bets is a more likely scenario than any other type of three-way tie, just based on the fact that players are often tempted to say, "Aw, screw it" and bet it all, both when victory chances seem slim and when the category seems ultra-wheelhouse.
JayK33
Just a Fan

Post by JayK33 »

Oh, I didn't even think about that. What about tie games? Won't they have co-champs anymore like they used to?
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

JayK33 wrote:Oh, I didn't even think about that. What about tie games? Won't they have co-champs anymore like they used to?
From what we've heard from recent contestants there will be no more ties, a tiebreaker question will be used to break ties.
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
GoodStrategy
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by GoodStrategy »

dhkendall wrote:
JayK33 wrote:Oh, I didn't even think about that. What about tie games? Won't they have co-champs anymore like they used to?
From what we've heard from recent contestants there will be no more ties, a tiebreaker question will be used to break ties.
Which has been effect since after last year's ToC in November.
JayK33
Just a Fan

Post by JayK33 »

I've noticed that on the ToC tracker, Catherine Hardee is included. I'm curious as to why? Her games aired before Ben Ingram's ToC, so shouldn't the ToC contender list have been wiped clean right as the ToC started, like it usually is? In that case, Darren Harris-Fain should be #14, and Scott Ylinen should be #15 and still be in contention.
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

JayK33 wrote:I've noticed that on the ToC tracker, Catherine Hardee is included. I'm curious as to why? Her games aired before Ben Ingram's ToC, so shouldn't the ToC contender list have been wiped clean right as the ToC started, like it usually is? In that case, Darren Harris-Fain should be #14, and Scott Ylinen should be #15 and still be in contention.
People in power have the control. If the producers want to have Catherine Hardee included as a possible for the November 2015 TOC that is their right. If Catherine Hardee had won her fifth game she would have played in the 2014 TOC. She did not, but the J! Tracker indicates she is currently in the top 15 for a place in the upcoming tournament.

Viewers and fans might have differing opinions about the cutoff line or dates. That is not where the decision lies though.

Scott has 15 players higher than him on the totem pole. All indications are he is out of the running.

When is that upcoming TOC taping, if anyone is allowed to say? Or has it already happened?
jeff6286
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by jeff6286 »

JayK33 wrote:I've noticed that on the ToC tracker, Catherine Hardee is included. I'm curious as to why? Her games aired before Ben Ingram's ToC, so shouldn't the ToC contender list have been wiped clean right as the ToC started, like it usually is? In that case, Darren Harris-Fain should be #14, and Scott Ylinen should be #15 and still be in contention.
Asked and answered, your honor. In this very thread, no less.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3026&start=20#p183136
willduder

Post by willduder »

ZachTheRiah wrote:The most interesting thing for me is the J!6 game;
Is it just me, or is the J!6 game leaderboard always empty?