Thursday, October 1, 2015 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

caknuck
Jarlsberger

Re: Thursday, October 1, 2015 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by caknuck »

40R, 3W
FJ!: Got, but used every second available
TS: Charmed, Party of Five, Andrew Lloyd Webber
Notable miss: Clinique (L'Oreal)

Well played by our new Boardie! Almost slew the dragon!

On Final, I rattled through every seven-letter Shakespearean character until remembering the Tragically Hip song of the same name. (BOOM!)
@caknuck
Euphonium

Post by Euphonium »

Would "hedging" have been affected for "diversification"?
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

Euphonium wrote:Would "hedging" have been affected for "diversification"?
Doubtful. Hedging is taking an opposing position to minimize a loss, like using a short sale or put option to offset a perceived weakness in a stock. Diversifying is simply spreading an investment over several assets.
stevo4212
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by stevo4212 »

nklotz wrote:
My god dude did a lawyer take your girl and murder your family or something?
It's more about what the legal profession does to the good people who happen to become lawyers. So full of promise, brilliant, optomistic, then boom, trapped with a mountain of debt in a job that's obnoxiously time consuming, insanely competitive, and incredibly dehumanizing, with a risk-to-reward ratio that is off the charts. A lawsuit is a negative sum game; everyone loses. A few will get partnerships, and have a decent living, but at what cost? The rest will end up on the street corner. And, now, lawyers have to work more at marketing than ever before, to achieve that dismal fate. Begging for clients, to keep him locked in a dehumanizing, risky endeavor like this. I'm not sure Above The Law goes far enough.
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

OK, I know I'm really late to the party, but I was out of the country for 6 months in 2015 and missed Matt Jackson's run. Just catching it now in reruns and wanted to add that this was a thrilling match to watch - and you don't see that enough on Jeopardy!

I know Greg was disappointed about losing but man, he put up a good fight against Matt! Bravo

Matt's a great player, kind of intense but fun to watch - but didn't like how he tried to run out the clock in this game as he and Greg were fighting it out over the last few clues and Matt was gunning for the runaway- "I'll take BLAH BLAH BLAH for $800 please Alex"... that's just cheeky

FWIW, I couldn't get to Cordelia in time for FJ