LL67 (For the LLamas Among Us)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Have you met your LL referrer in real life?

Yes, we know each other for a reason unrelated to Jeopardy!
29%
Yes, I met them at a Jeopardy!-related event
19%
Yes, but we only met after they referred me
5%
No
48%

Total votes: 86

patkav
The Chicago Mauler

Re: LL67 (For the LLamas Among Us)

Post by patkav »

Strong work! Thanks, Ryno.
Vermonter
2003 College Champion

Post by Vermonter »

LHamilton wrote:
Vermonter wrote:I made an Alpaca Farm quiz, on allusions in the television show Archer: http://alpacafarmtrivia.herokuapp.com/quizzes/781

No need to watch to get any questions right. Closes Tuesday at 3 pm. Enjoy!
Oh, so you made a quiz specifically for me? Thank you.
Apparently. Congrats!
Hate bad wagering? Me too. Join me at The Final Wager.
LHamilton
Contributor

Post by LHamilton »

Vermonter wrote:
LHamilton wrote:
Vermonter wrote:I made an Alpaca Farm quiz, on allusions in the television show Archer: http://alpacafarmtrivia.herokuapp.com/quizzes/781

No need to watch to get any questions right. Closes Tuesday at 3 pm. Enjoy!
Oh, so you made a quiz specifically for me? Thank you.
Apparently. Congrats!
Fun quiz! Almost went Dr. Charles Drew on the blood type question, but he was the incorrect answer Pam suggested at trivia night.

A few months back, Geeks Who Drink did an Archer themed pub quiz. So I have relatively recently studied that show in depth. Those tiny, one-off references make rewatching a lot of fun.
nightreign
#TeamAlsoRans

Post by nightreign »

Hapy new year, LLamas!

I'd say my New Year's resolution is to bring up my abysmal TCA, but, well, I don't want to jinx it.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

My email this morning wrote:LL MiniLeague: Travel 2 -- MD1 Questions Available
:mrgreen:
Learned League wrote: TODAY'S OPPONENT
PerryS
:cry:
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Sure, now I get a forfeit win!
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

dhkendall wrote:
My email this morning wrote:LL MiniLeague: Travel 2 -- MD1 Questions Available
:mrgreen:
Learned League wrote: TODAY'S OPPONENT
PerryS
:cry:
My email this morning wrote:The results for ML: Travel 2 Match Day 1 are now available. In that match, you tied PerryS, 9(6)-9(6).
:o

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

I'm pretty surprised "Hitchhiking Robot" was not marked as correct. I thought he was pretty lenient.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

alietr wrote:I'm pretty surprised "Hitchhiking Robot" was not marked as correct.
Considering a name wasn't asked for, I agree.
patkav
The Chicago Mauler

Post by patkav »

I even said "Canadian hitchhiking robot." No dice.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

I said the hitchhiking robot killed in Philadelphia and didn't get credit.

Makes me think there are different judges and maybe different standards here than in season. There were a few during the season I didn't think I would get credit for, but did.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
quarterrican
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by quarterrican »

econgator wrote:
alietr wrote:I'm pretty surprised "Hitchhiking Robot" was not marked as correct.
Considering a name wasn't asked for, I agree.
I read it as asking for the name because the word Who was used instead of the word What. Using "who" on an inanimate object is questionable in and of itself, of course.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

triviawayne wrote:Makes me think there are different judges and maybe different standards here than in season. There were a few during the season I didn't think I would get credit for, but did.
Thorsten (or his computer) does all the grading, but I suspect for a 1DS the amount of human interaction is approximately zero -- either the answer matches or it doesn't. I'm fine with that.
ThreeIfByAir
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by ThreeIfByAir »

econgator wrote:
triviawayne wrote:Makes me think there are different judges and maybe different standards here than in season. There were a few during the season I didn't think I would get credit for, but did.
Thorsten (or his computer) does all the grading, but I suspect for a 1DS the amount of human interaction is approximately zero -- either the answer matches or it doesn't. I'm fine with that.
First of all, it's a minileague; secondly, Thorsten does indeed hand-grade even a 1DS. The lower number of participants balances the higher number of questions. But that's why he's changed the schedule for 1DSes this year, so that he no longer has to work on Sunday nights.

7(5)-5(2) yesterday. Why did I give Hitchbot zero points and Philadelphia three? (I wasn't even sure on Philadelphia; it was one of these back-of-the-brain subconscious things. I couldn't make out any of the words so I was just going on the Monty Python Sousa march.)
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

ThreeIfByAir wrote:7(5)-5(2) yesterday. Why did I give Hitchbot zero points and Philadelphia three? (I wasn't even sure on Philadelphia; it was one of these back-of-the-brain subconscious things. I couldn't make out any of the words so I was just going on the Monty Python Sousa march.)
I made out "South Street" and "The Plateau" but neither of these helped me. I figured the last clip was a Sousa piece, but the only one I knew with a geographical reference was The Washington Post March and I knew it wasn't that. I ended up guessing Baltimore just as a shot in the dark.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

econgator wrote:
With One Days Special or Minileagues, there is also feedback from the smith to accept or not accept certain variants. (I know this from having authored two One Days Special)

Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

This Is Kirk! wrote:
ThreeIfByAir wrote:7(5)-5(2) yesterday. Why did I give Hitchbot zero points and Philadelphia three? (I wasn't even sure on Philadelphia; it was one of these back-of-the-brain subconscious things. I couldn't make out any of the words so I was just going on the Monty Python Sousa march.)
I made out "South Street" and "The Plateau" but neither of these helped me. I figured the last clip was a Sousa piece, but the only one I knew with a geographical reference was The Washington Post March and I knew it wasn't that. I ended up guessing Baltimore just as a shot in the dark.
"Franklin Square" was in there too and Liberty Bell March was the clincher for me.

Got my first 9(6) in a long while (I think since the Bond ML) which was good cause I had to rely on my usual strategy of 'answer more questions!' cause I let my opponent get 7(4)...course, it could've been 8(4), so that's a plus. :roll:
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
caknuck
Jarlsberger

Post by caknuck »

Volante wrote:
This Is Kirk! wrote:
"Franklin Square" was in there too and Liberty Bell March was the clincher for me.

Got my first 9(6) in a long while (I think since the Bond ML) which was good cause I had to rely on my usual strategy of 'answer more questions!' cause I let my opponent get 7(4)...course, it could've been 8(4), so that's a plus. :roll:
I heard a bit of Motown Philly in there too. That's what clinched it for me.
@caknuck
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

If I could have made out "Franklin Square" that certainly would have helped, but I couldn't. Listening to it now when I know that's what's being said makes it much easier, of course!
BigDaddyMatty
Hoping not to get pruney this time

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

caknuck wrote:
Volante wrote:
This Is Kirk! wrote:

I heard a bit of Motown Philly in there too. That's what clinched it for me.
The "South Street" lyric was from "Motownphilly," while "a place called The Plateau" was from "Summertime" by a guy who, rumor has it, was both born and raised in West Philadelphia.
Sprinkles are for winners.