The Rankest Thread Imaginable

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, econgator, dhkendall, trainman

Re: The Rankest Thread Imaginable

Postby jeff6286 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:44 pm

alietr wrote:
TreehugginCowgirl wrote:Not boardies or TWOP folks (that I know of). Just random people on Facebook or Meetup or the blog I haven't touched in months. It comes with having such a memorable name. There's even a Twitter hashtag. It's only been used once, but still!

The sad thing is they haven't even realized the best jokes. So disappointing. I'm sure y'all would be much funnier :)


Now if your first name was Dolores ...


Ooh, sorry. We were looking for Gipple.
User avatar
jeff6286
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
 
Posts: 2969
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:34 pm
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Re: The Rankest Thread Imaginable

Postby dhkendall » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:35 pm

alietr wrote:
TreehugginCowgirl wrote:Not boardies or TWOP folks (that I know of). Just random people on Facebook or Meetup or the blog I haven't touched in months. It comes with having such a memorable name. There's even a Twitter hashtag. It's only been used once, but still!

The sad thing is they haven't even realized the best jokes. So disappointing. I'm sure y'all would be much funnier :)


Now if your first name was Dolores ...


Or Anita. Or Ivana.
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings
User avatar
dhkendall
Moderator, Archivist, and Servant to the J! Community
 
Posts: 4575
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:49 am
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba

Re: The Rankest Thread Imaginable

Postby alietr » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:26 pm

Just a reminder since there is an influx of new people -- if you'd like a "rank" under your avatar (custom or otherwise), just post here or PM me. But don't ask for J! Champion until a few days after your (last) win if that's the one you want!
User avatar
alietr
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2776
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:20 pm
Location: Bethesda, MD

Re: The Rankest Thread Imaginable

Postby TreehugginCowgirl » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:15 pm

alietr wrote:Just a reminder since there is an influx of new people -- if you'd like a "rank" under your avatar (custom or otherwise), just post here or PM me. But don't ask for J! Champion until a few days after your (last) win if that's the one you want!


I would like Best Self-Destruct Button :)
TreehugginCowgirl
Best Self-Destruct Button
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:55 am

Re: The Rankest Thread Imaginable

Postby erak » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:38 am

As much as I'd like J! Champ (once valid, as per the rules above), I think I'll request "Queen Elizabeth's Phrenologist"
User avatar
erak
Queen Elizabeth's Phrenologist
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:29 pm

Re: The Rankest Thread Imaginable

Postby opusthepenguin » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:44 am

erak wrote:As much as I'd like J! Champ (once valid, as per the rules above), I think I'll request "Queen Elizabeth's Phrenologist"

Perfect!
User avatar
opusthepenguin
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
 
Posts: 2490
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:33 pm

Re: The Rankest Thread Imaginable

Postby jfrumkin » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:00 am

erak wrote:As much as I'd like J! Champ (once valid, as per the rules above), I think I'll request "Queen Elizabeth's Phrenologist"


I can't find the like button... That's awesome, congrats!
Twitter: @jfrumkin
User avatar
jfrumkin
Jeopardy! Champion
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:46 pm
Location: Germantown, MD

Re: The Rankest Thread Imaginable

Postby Dr. J » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:46 am

erak wrote:As much as I'd like J! Champ (once valid, as per the rules above), I think I'll request "Queen Elizabeth's Phrenologist"

<slow clap> Well played, Erik, well played. :lol:
User avatar
Dr. J
Decade Battler and Mustache Maker
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:35 pm

Re: The Rankest Thread Imaginable

Postby TreehugginCowgirl » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:50 am

Dr. J wrote:
erak wrote:As much as I'd like J! Champ (once valid, as per the rules above), I think I'll request "Queen Elizabeth's Phrenologist"

<slow clap> Well played, Erik, well played. :lol:


Now Peter just needs to be "The Animal Husband" :D
TreehugginCowgirl
Best Self-Destruct Button
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:55 am

Re: The Rankest Thread Imaginable

Postby WooWho? » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:55 am

I'm not sure what happened to my old account, but I've come up with a better rank anyway:

Jeopardy Almost-Champ
WooWho?
Jeopardy! Almost-Champion
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:20 am

Re: The Rankest Thread Imaginable

Postby opusthepenguin » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:26 pm

TreehugginCowgirl wrote:
Dr. J wrote:
erak wrote:As much as I'd like J! Champ (once valid, as per the rules above), I think I'll request "Queen Elizabeth's Phrenologist"

<slow clap> Well played, Erik, well played. :lol:


Now Peter just needs to be "The Animal Husband" :D

Ha! But in that case, shouldn't yours be "Thinks Outside the Box"? Or would you prefer "The Jazz Singer on the Western Front?" No? Ok, final offer: "F-150ed up on Jeopardy!" :P

By the way, I just noticed that your first game aired on my wife's birthday and your final game aired on mine. I'm not sure why that tickles me, but it does.
User avatar
opusthepenguin
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
 
Posts: 2490
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:33 pm

Re: The Rankest Thread Imaginable

Postby TreehugginCowgirl » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:36 pm

opusthepenguin wrote:
TreehugginCowgirl wrote:Now Peter just needs to be "The Animal Husband" :D

Ha! But in that case, shouldn't yours be "Thinks Outside the Box"? Or would you prefer "The Jazz Singer on the Western Front?" No? Ok, final offer: "F-150ed up on Jeopardy!" :P

By the way, I just noticed that your first game aired on my wife's birthday and your final game aired on mine. I'm not sure why that tickles me, but it does.


Rests in Gomorrah?

Oooh, you had to bring up the Jazz Singer. One day I will keep straight in my head that Jazz Singer is the first talkie and Wings won the first Best Picture Oscar. One day.

Lots of September birthdays! Mine was the day after my second show aired.
TreehugginCowgirl
Best Self-Destruct Button
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:55 am

Re: The Rankest Thread Imaginable

Postby bpmod » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:37 pm

TreehugginCowgirl wrote:... and Wings won the first Best Picture Oscar.

Mmmm, that Crystal Bernard.

What!?

[oh, never mind]

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.
User avatar
bpmod
Rank
 
Posts: 3749
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:26 am
Location: Hamilton Ontario

Re: The Rankest Thread Imaginable

Postby alietr » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:08 am

Bumping, for anyone interested in taking advantage of the feature who was not aware of it.
User avatar
alietr
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2776
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:20 pm
Location: Bethesda, MD

Re: The Rankest Thread Imaginable

Postby dhkendall » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:08 am

Thanks, alietr, I was thinking about it, but never got around to it.

How's "Moderator, Archivist, and servant to the J! community"?
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings
User avatar
dhkendall
Moderator, Archivist, and Servant to the J! Community
 
Posts: 4575
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:49 am
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba

Re: The Rankest Thread Imaginable

Postby opusthepenguin » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:48 am

dhkendall wrote:Thanks, alietr, I was thinking about it, but never got around to it.

How's "Moderator, Archivist, and servant to the J! community"?

Hey, you finally got around to shaving your avatar!
User avatar
opusthepenguin
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
 
Posts: 2490
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:33 pm

Re: The Rankest Thread Imaginable

Postby bpmod » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:55 am

opusthepenguin wrote:
dhkendall wrote:Thanks, alietr, I was thinking about it, but never got around to it.

How's "Moderator, Archivist, and servant to the J! community"?

Hey, you finally got around to shaving your avatar!

Thanks for pointing that out. I hadn't noticed.

David, you look ten years younger.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.
User avatar
bpmod
Rank
 
Posts: 3749
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:26 am
Location: Hamilton Ontario

Re: The Rankest Thread Imaginable

Postby dhkendall » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:04 pm

bpmod wrote:
opusthepenguin wrote:
dhkendall wrote:Thanks, alietr, I was thinking about it, but never got around to it.

How's "Moderator, Archivist, and servant to the J! community"?

Hey, you finally got around to shaving your avatar!

Thanks for pointing that out. I hadn't noticed.

David, you look ten years younger.

Brian


Why thank you, real-life me also looks younger as well. (Got around to it earlier today because the TV the Wii is hooked up to is on its last legs, so I figured I don't have much time left to take a new picture. (I also only edited the picture from the podium up, so it may look a little weird, especially since the colour is going on it now)

I'm also wondering, are you allowed to change your rank? I assume that when I get on the show ill be allowed to (and I will), but other than that, what are the rules?
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings
User avatar
dhkendall
Moderator, Archivist, and Servant to the J! Community
 
Posts: 4575
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:49 am
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba

Re: The Rankest Thread Imaginable

Postby BADuBois » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:08 pm

Dear Andy....

If I may, could my rank be changed to:

Jeopardy! champion... it's a mystery!

thanks,


Brendan DuBois
Jeopardy Champion 9/28/12
Award-winning author of "My Short, Happy Life in 'Jeopardy!'"
http://tinyurl.com/btax4xp
User avatar
BADuBois
Jeopardy! Champion... It's a Mystery!
 
Posts: 319
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:40 pm

Re: The Rankest Thread Imaginable

Postby someday » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:10 pm

May I dive into the "Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool," please?
User avatar
someday
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:37 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Game Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: barandall800, Bing [Bot], CrunchyTaco, gamawire, Google [Bot], OrangeSAM, TheyCallMeMrKid, Yahoo [Bot] and 10 guests