Alpaca Farm quizzes

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

nightreign
#TeamAlsoRans

Re: Alpaca Farm quizzes

Post by nightreign »

22nd on Double Jeopardy! (sarisson, is that you right above me?) I did a lot better on the original quiz (tied for 3rd), but I usually have to fight to not come in last on these things, so I'll take it. Darn you, VH1!
sarisson
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by sarisson »

nightreign wrote:22nd on Double Jeopardy! (sarisson, is that you right above me?) I did a lot better on the original quiz (tied for 3rd), but I usually have to fight to not come in last on these things, so I'll take it. Darn you, VH1!
Yes it is. I was surprised I finished so high because I got three wrong.
I think it's harder to finish in a high percentile on AF quizzes because most alpacas are A- or B-Rundlers who can't get enough of 1DSes. It's better to create a quiz on there (although I haven't done that yet) than wait a year for a 1DS opening.
Hoping for a third lap
OSXpert

Post by OSXpert »

I just made my first forays into trivia writing and made a couple of quizzes on the site - I'm enjoying seeing some of the silly responses - I have no way to show the best wrong answers at the end, do i?
BigDaddyMatty
Hoping not to get pruney this time

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

nightreign wrote:22nd on Double Jeopardy! (sarisson, is that you right above me?) I did a lot better on the original quiz (tied for 3rd), but I usually have to fight to not come in last on these things, so I'll take it. Darn you, VH1!
Bronze for me. Curse you, WilliamsK! (By that I mean congratulations, of course.) I managed to peg the difficulty of the questions correctly, but I wasn't quite confident enough on the Pam Mueller question to money it and get a perfect score.
Sprinkles are for winners.
Carpe Diem
Boardeh

Post by Carpe Diem »

OSXpert wrote:I just made my first forays into trivia writing and made a couple of quizzes on the site - I'm enjoying seeing some of the silly responses - I have no way to show the best wrong answers at the end, do i?
I sure hope not! :lol:
Vermonter
2003 College Champion

Post by Vermonter »

BigDaddyMatty wrote:
Bronze for me. Curse you, WilliamsK! (By that I mean congratulations, of course.) I managed to peg the difficulty of the questions correctly, but I wasn't quite confident enough on the Pam Mueller question to money it and get a perfect score.
Heh heh heh. Sorry about the result, but you performed better than I did; I would have never pegged emancipTation as harder than VH1. In fact, I was sure it would be the most valuable clue in the set.

It did feel nice to win after missing the original quiz, where I was the answer with the lowest get rate.
Hate bad wagering? Me too. Join me at The Final Wager.
Vermonter
2003 College Champion

Post by Vermonter »

I guess this is also a good time to plug my Mystery #4. Closes Sunday evening.

TESTIMONIAL: Vaughn Winchell called it 'far from the worst set of questions I have ever encountered'!
BigDaddyMatty
Hoping not to get pruney this time

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

Vermonter wrote:I guess this is also a good time to plug my Mystery #4. Closes Sunday evening.

TESTIMONIAL: Vaughn Winchell called it 'far from the worst set of questions I have ever encountered'!
I found it to be more fun than a game of Kiss, Marry, Kill.
Sprinkles are for winners.
clprez

Post by clprez »

Vermonter wrote:I guess this is also a good time to plug my Mystery #4. Closes Sunday evening.

Your link sends me to the results of the Double Jeopardy quiz.
ElendilPickle
ToC Enabler

Post by ElendilPickle »

clprez wrote:

Your link sends me to the results of the Double Jeopardy quiz.
Click the "quizzes" button on the top of the page and you'll find it.
Vermonter
2003 College Champion

Post by Vermonter »

Whoops, sorry – I was just showing off my win, I guess. :(

http://alpacafarmtrivia.herokuapp.com/quizzes/1232
MitchO

Post by MitchO »

Vermonter wrote:Whoops, sorry – I was just showing off my win, I guess. :(

http://alpacafarmtrivia.herokuapp.com/quizzes/1232
I can figure out the theme and still can't get more than half of the answers. :(

However, I am pleasantly surprised with myself on the 2 musical ones I did, and I knew I'd kill on the Vacation one (I missed the "who originally sang" one, dang it)
Vermonter
2003 College Champion

Post by Vermonter »

MitchO wrote:I can figure out the theme and still can't get more than half of the answers. :(

However, I am pleasantly surprised with myself on the 2 musical ones I did, and I knew I'd kill on the Vacation one (I missed the "who originally sang" one, dang it)
Sorry! There will be another on Monday :)
nightreign
#TeamAlsoRans

Post by nightreign »

Check out This Week's Billboard Top 12, due a week from today! I've aimed to make it accessible to people who know their current music. Enjoy!

http://alpacafarmtrivia.herokuapp.com/quizzes/1284
MitchO

Post by MitchO »

nightreign wrote:Check out This Week's Billboard Top 12, due a week from today! I've aimed to make it accessible to people who know their current music. Enjoy!

http://alpacafarmtrivia.herokuapp.com/quizzes/1284
I would have phrased the wrestling question a little differently .. I think anyone who understands what you're saying gets a huge hint, whereas the others just get more confused. -shrug- I don't know enough about current music to get through the quiz overall, sadly.
OSXpert

Post by OSXpert »

I went a little overboard and created 5 quizzes that are currently active.
MitchO

Post by MitchO »

Am I missing a formatting thing? I can't get the description of my quiz to accept carriage returns.
Vermonter
2003 College Champion

Post by Vermonter »

MitchO wrote:Am I missing a formatting thing? I can't get the description of my quiz to accept carriage returns.
Use <br> for line breaks. Also works within question text
Vermonter
2003 College Champion

Post by Vermonter »

KW Mystery #5 is now up. Closes Sunday: http://alpacafarmtrivia.herokuapp.com/quizzes/1277

We'll see if this can top the 129 players from #4
MitchO

Post by MitchO »

That did it, thanks Keith! OK, comic book nerds ... you know that the "Super Hero Alter Egos" categories on Jeopardy! are always way too easy for us. Try my "Harder Super Hero Alter Egos"; let's see if we get enough to get to "Even Harder" levels next! :D

http://alpacafarmtrivia.herokuapp.com/quizzes/1289