Alpaca Farm quizzes

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, dhkendall, trainman, econgator

User avatar
econgator
Let's Go Mets!
Posts: 6711
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:32 am

Re: Alpaca Farm quizzes

Post by econgator » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:48 pm

I've heard of one of those commercials (the Stanley Steemer one).

User avatar
dinghammer
No Relation
Posts: 736
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:10 pm

Re: Alpaca Farm quizzes

Post by dinghammer » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:51 pm

I also signed up, but alas, I only knew 3 of them. Great job on the artful censorship, though.

I guess 718-387-6962 doesn't really count as an advertising jingle...

User avatar
OSXpert
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 733
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:29 pm

Re: Alpaca Farm quizzes

Post by OSXpert » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:07 pm

I think LUNA's phone number jingle in Chicago is for a different number. Not that it will matter, since I did awful

User avatar
MitchO
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 803
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:19 am

Re: Alpaca Farm quizzes

Post by MitchO » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:01 pm

I am regional to NY, and I haven't heard 3 of these. However, at least that first one is not a television commercial, it is a radio commercial. A constant, repetitive, channel button smashing, infernal, hellish MURDEROUS RAGE INDUCING radio commercial. :evil: :evil: :evil:

User avatar
Vermonter
2003 College Champion
Posts: 1858
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:57 pm

Re: Earworms

Post by Vermonter » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:25 pm

BigDaddyMatty wrote:
teapot37 wrote:I'm pretty sure I have ever heard at most four of these jingles. And I have watched a LOT of television.
Same here. It seemed pretty regional to the NYC metro area. Regardless, listening to Keith's "blah-blah" redacted jingles was one of the highlights of my day.
There is probably some (at least Northeast) regional bias – I guess it's hard for me to know for sure. (Are GSN commercials national or local, for example?)
MitchO wrote:I am regional to NY, and I haven't heard 3 of these. However, at least that first one is not a television commercial, it is a radio commercial. A constant, repetitive, channel button smashing, infernal, hellish MURDEROUS RAGE INDUCING radio commercial. :evil: :evil: :evil:
I never said they were strictly television commercials. :)

(Don't kill me, either way)
Hate bad wagering? Me too. Join me at The Final Wager.

User avatar
MitchO
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 803
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:19 am

Re: Earworms

Post by MitchO » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:13 am

Vermonter wrote:
MitchO wrote:I am regional to NY, and I haven't heard 3 of these. However, at least that first one is not a television commercial, it is a radio commercial. A constant, repetitive, channel button smashing, infernal, hellish MURDEROUS RAGE INDUCING radio commercial. :evil: :evil: :evil:
I never said they were strictly television commercials. :)

(Don't kill me, either way)
It was in response to this:
teapot37 wrote:I'm pretty sure I have ever heard at most four of these jingles. And I have watched a LOT of television.
(And no guarantees, though I would miss The Final Wager :p)

User avatar
dinghammer
No Relation
Posts: 736
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:10 pm

Re: Alpaca Farm quizzes

Post by dinghammer » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:35 pm

Keith, your latest completed mystery quiz has remained a mystery to me even after seeing the answers. Can you explain it for the slower folks in the audience (i.e., me)?

It turns out I wouldn't have embarrassed myself too badly if I'd entered, but I couldn't see any connection between the answers I had.

User avatar
Vermonter
2003 College Champion
Posts: 1858
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:57 pm

Re: Alpaca Farm quizzes

Post by Vermonter » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:21 pm

dinghammer wrote:Keith, your latest completed mystery quiz has remained a mystery to me even after seeing the answers. Can you explain it for the slower folks in the audience (i.e., me)?

It turns out I wouldn't have embarrassed myself too badly if I'd entered, but I couldn't see any connection between the answers I had.
Hint: http://tfw.gr/KWM1hint
Solution: http://tfw.gr/KWM1soln
Guesses for Q12: http://tfw.gr/KWM1atts

Mystery Theme Quiz #2: http://alpacafarmtrivia.herokuapp.com/quizzes/1184
Hate bad wagering? Me too. Join me at The Final Wager.

User avatar
dinghammer
No Relation
Posts: 736
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:10 pm

Re: Alpaca Farm quizzes

Post by dinghammer » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:08 am

Vermonter wrote:Hint: http://tfw.gr/KWM1hint
Solution: http://tfw.gr/KWM1soln
Thank you.

User avatar
goroshnik
I came, I Saw... I Came in Third
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:49 am

Re: Alpaca Farm quizzes

Post by goroshnik » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:17 pm

Just now taking part in my first batch of Alpaca quizzes...

I loved, loved, LOVED "Musical Mashups #9". Even though I just became a member recently, I'm still going to check out mashups 1 thru 8 just to play them.

User avatar
dinghammer
No Relation
Posts: 736
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:10 pm

Re: Alpaca Farm quizzes

Post by dinghammer » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:00 am

I tied for 7th in the first one I played! Almost perfect... is it still defense when deciding what to money? too.

It's too bad there's no BWA, not that my attempt with "Michael McDonald's" on Q5 would have cut the mustard.

User avatar
goroshnik
I came, I Saw... I Came in Third
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:49 am

Re: Alpaca Farm quizzes

Post by goroshnik » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:07 am

goroshnik wrote:Just now taking part in my first batch of Alpaca quizzes...

I loved, loved, LOVED "Musical Mashups #9". Even though I just became a member recently, I'm still going to check out mashups 1 thru 8 just to play them.
Guess I might have an ear for these things... ended up 1st out of 44 on Mashups #9. :)

User avatar
BigDaddyMatty
Save Me, Maggie!
Posts: 2186
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:05 am
Location: Rowlett, Texas

Re: Alpaca Farm quizzes

Post by BigDaddyMatty » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:44 pm

I got my first win! Granted, I had a bit of a home field advantage in The Mormons, but a win's a win.
Sprinkles are for winners.

User avatar
nightreign
#TeamAlsoRans
Posts: 1218
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:18 pm
Contact:

Re: Alpaca Farm quizzes

Post by nightreign » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:09 pm

BigDaddyMatty wrote:I got my first win! Granted, I had a bit of a home field advantage in The Mormons, but a win's a win.
Looks like I placed 11th! I would've made the top 10 if I had moneyed The Killers instead of bishop. I think being a fan of The Killers and having been raised Mormon hurt me on that one.
I'm still mad about not getting WordPerfect, though. I knew exactly what the question was going for, but I just couldn't pull it.

Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes
Posts: 7977
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:39 pm

Re: Alpaca Farm quizzes

Post by Bamaman » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:18 pm

There is one up now about a game show I think some of us may be fans of.

User avatar
BigDaddyMatty
Save Me, Maggie!
Posts: 2186
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:05 am
Location: Rowlett, Texas

Re: Alpaca Farm quizzes

Post by BigDaddyMatty » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:37 pm

nightreign wrote:
BigDaddyMatty wrote:I got my first win! Granted, I had a bit of a home field advantage in The Mormons, but a win's a win.
Looks like I placed 11th! I would've made the top 10 if I had moneyed The Killers instead of bishop. I think being a fan of The Killers and having been raised Mormon hurt me on that one.
I'm still mad about not getting WordPerfect, though. I knew exactly what the question was going for, but I just couldn't pull it.
The son of the professor who created WP was one of my MBA classmates at BYU, so I wasn't gonna miss that one.
Sprinkles are for winners.

User avatar
Vermonter
2003 College Champion
Posts: 1858
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:57 pm

Re: Alpaca Farm quizzes

Post by Vermonter » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:15 am

Here's mystery quiz #3: http://alpacafarmtrivia.herokuapp.com/quizzes/1201

We'll see if skullturf can defend his crown (he beat out 104 players last time)
Hate bad wagering? Me too. Join me at The Final Wager.

User avatar
dinghammer
No Relation
Posts: 736
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:10 pm

Re: Alpaca Farm quizzes

Post by dinghammer » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:05 am

The Killers came up again in this quiz (which I didn't enter because I didn't know most of them) at question 10. It was one of the few I knew, and I was surprised at the high get rate, since I didn't think that New Order video was that well-known. Then I reread the question and saw that "Las Vegas" was in it. I knew it from the "Crystal" part, so I must have just skimmed the rest. :oops:

User avatar
goroshnik
I came, I Saw... I Came in Third
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:49 am

Re: Alpaca Farm quizzes

Post by goroshnik » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:19 pm

Just got my second win, this time on cover songs. I'm starting to REALLY like the quizzes put together by DixonD, as both of my victories are from his musical quizzes. :)

http://alpacafarmtrivia.herokuapp.com/quizzes/1213

sarisson
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 553
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:39 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Alpaca Farm quizzes

Post by sarisson » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:22 pm

I just joined AF last week and have played five or six quizzes. I stunk at the first few- even with 9/12 right on Trivia Scattergories V, I couldn't get in the upper half- but Double Jeopardy! was right in my wheelhouse. I suspect everyone who got a 0 forgot to state their responses in the form of a question. :?
One-time swimmer

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], morbeedo, MSNbot Media and 11 guests