Alpaca Farm quizzes

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, dhkendall, trainman, econgator

Re: Alpaca Farm quizzes

Postby Vermonter » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:18 am

I put together a recap for Mystery #4: http://tfw.gr/1VgTXpf

Image
Hate bad wagering? Me too. Join me at The Final Wager.
User avatar
Vermonter
2003 College Champion
 
Posts: 1851
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:57 pm

Re: Alpaca Farm quizzes

Postby MitchO » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:40 pm

Man, was I annoyed with myself when I realized I missed "committee". I got the theme from, ya know, the question that asks for "Triple Double", and despite posting here I could only come up with half, managed to scrounge together a few more answers based solely on the theme (Bitterroot and Whippoorwill), and "Bookkeeping" came from looking at the quiz again while my girlfriend studied for her Accounting midterm. :p

Now, I do have a bone to pick with your sneakiness in the next one, but I'll save it for next week... :p
User avatar
MitchO
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
 
Posts: 802
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:19 am

Re: Alpaca Farm quizzes

Postby dinghammer » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:59 pm

Vermonter wrote:I put together a recap for Mystery #4: http://tfw.gr/1VgTXpf

My first (co-)BWA! Thanks for the recap.
User avatar
dinghammer
No Relation
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:10 pm

Re: Alpaca Farm quizzes

Postby econgator » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:48 pm

MitchO wrote:Try my "Harder Super Hero Alter Egos"; let's see if we get enough to get to "Even Harder" levels next! :D


I knew ... 1.
User avatar
econgator
Let's Go Mets!
 
Posts: 6596
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:32 am

Re: Alpaca Farm quizzes

Postby MitchO » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:31 pm

econgator wrote:
MitchO wrote:Try my "Harder Super Hero Alter Egos"; let's see if we get enough to get to "Even Harder" levels next! :D


I knew ... 1.


READ MOAR COMIX! :D (I wonder which one?)
User avatar
MitchO
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
 
Posts: 802
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:19 am

Re: Alpaca Farm quizzes

Postby econgator » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:08 pm

MitchO wrote:
econgator wrote:
MitchO wrote:Try my "Harder Super Hero Alter Egos"; let's see if we get enough to get to "Even Harder" levels next! :D


I knew ... 1.


READ MOAR COMIX! :D (I wonder which one?)


I read comics all the time as a youth, just not recently -- or most of the ones you listed. :)
User avatar
econgator
Let's Go Mets!
 
Posts: 6596
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:32 am

Re: Alpaca Farm quizzes

Postby dinghammer » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:24 am

MitchO wrote:That did it, thanks Keith! OK, comic book nerds ... you know that the "Super Hero Alter Egos" categories on Jeopardy! are always way too easy for us. Try my "Harder Super Hero Alter Egos"; let's see if we get enough to get to "Even Harder" levels next! :D

http://alpacafarmtrivia.herokuapp.com/quizzes/1289

I only know 4, though a few of the other names do look familiar. I have a hard time bringing myself to enter these when I don't even know enough answers to money.

No Boston Brand? No Dennis Dunphy?
User avatar
dinghammer
No Relation
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:10 pm

Re: Alpaca Farm quizzes

Postby MitchO » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:50 am

dinghammer wrote:
MitchO wrote:That did it, thanks Keith! OK, comic book nerds ... you know that the "Super Hero Alter Egos" categories on Jeopardy! are always way too easy for us. Try my "Harder Super Hero Alter Egos"; let's see if we get enough to get to "Even Harder" levels next! :D

http://alpacafarmtrivia.herokuapp.com/quizzes/1289

I only know 4, though a few of the other names do look familiar. I have a hard time bringing myself to enter these when I don't even know enough answers to money.

No Boston Brand? No Dennis Dunphy?


No, but I would consider both of those good examples of the popularity/variety I tried to pick (and good job picking both companies and two different decades of character to boot; yes, I know who both of them are. Poor Dennis. Poor, poor Dennis. :p)
User avatar
MitchO
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
 
Posts: 802
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:19 am

Re: Alpaca Farm quizzes

Postby MitchO » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:19 pm

MitchO wrote:That did it, thanks Keith! OK, comic book nerds ... you know that the "Super Hero Alter Egos" categories on Jeopardy! are always way too easy for us. Try my "Harder Super Hero Alter Egos"; let's see if we get enough to get to "Even Harder" levels next! :D

http://alpacafarmtrivia.herokuapp.com/quizzes/1289


OK, I'm paranoid that I screwed something up, but of the (only :cry: ) 10 super-wannabes that tried my quiz, Berek comes out on top! I *knew* one of you nerds would argue with me about The Vision, that's why I put the whole Joseph/Xorn/Magneto example up there; anyone wanna admit to being "The Vision (sorta)" answer? :D

Winner of BWA has to be whoever guessed "Foreign Man" for Ambush Bug. :) The other incorrect answers all make so much sense to be in the same "category" though: 'Mazing Man (Sigfried Horatio Hunch III) and Forbush Man (Irving Forbush, of course!) could easily be mistaken for ol' Ambush.
User avatar
MitchO
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
 
Posts: 802
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:19 am

Re: Alpaca Farm quizzes

Postby drdoug41 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:00 am

Had fun with my first smithed Alpaca Farm quiz, Supergroups! I found it very interesting to see the results and how they matched/mismatched with my expectations. I was pleased with the distribution, as there was one 'gimme' question with only 6% wrong (Traveling Wilburys) and no questions that more than two-thirds of the group missed. Was surprised that Hindu Love Gods was tied for the toughest, but perhaps that's just because I've been listening to their cover of Raspberry Beret over the past few days!

http://alpacafarmtrivia.herokuapp.com/quizzes/1296
Similar minds think alike.
drdoug41
Valued Contributor
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:59 pm
Location: Fayetteville, AR

Re: Alpaca Farm quizzes

Postby nightreign » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:22 pm

And This Week's Billboard Top 12 is done! Congrats to top three DoyleE, PatschakB, and DiGeorgeL, and an additional shoutout to DoyleE and arjavrawal for going 12/12.

Some observations:
-Ibiza played a lot easier than I thought. I thought it would be one of the hardest questions, but it ended up being the second-easiest.
-Four people said Joe Jonas instead of The Jonas Brothers on Q12. Sorry I had to rule against you there.
-Whoever said "Daniel, at it again with the white Vans" for the Shawn Mendes question gets the BWA award.
-Unsurprisingly, Q2 got the widest range of responses, with only 12 getting the right answer of Denmark, but only 2 leaving it blank. The MCWA was Sweden (6 responses), followed by the UK (5), and Germany (4).
-I found it quite surprising that while only two questions had less than a 50% get rate, only two people got every question right.
User avatar
nightreign
#TeamAlsoRans
 
Posts: 1214
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:18 pm

Re: Alpaca Farm quizzes

Postby Vermonter » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:52 am

Mystery Quiz #6 is open until tomorrow evening: http://alpacafarmtrivia.herokuapp.com/quizzes/1244

Recap from Mystery Quiz #5: http://thefinalwager.co/2016/04/26/myst ... xperiment/
Hate bad wagering? Me too. Join me at The Final Wager.
User avatar
Vermonter
2003 College Champion
 
Posts: 1851
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:57 pm

Re: Alpaca Farm quizzes

Postby drdoug41 » Sun May 01, 2016 2:41 pm

Vermonter wrote:Mystery Quiz #6 is open until tomorrow evening: http://alpacafarmtrivia.herokuapp.com/quizzes/1244

Recap from Mystery Quiz #5: http://thefinalwager.co/2016/04/26/myst ... xperiment/


Never mind.
Last edited by drdoug41 on Sun May 01, 2016 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Similar minds think alike.
drdoug41
Valued Contributor
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:59 pm
Location: Fayetteville, AR

Re: Alpaca Farm quizzes

Postby MitchO » Sun May 01, 2016 5:05 pm

Vermonter wrote:Mystery Quiz #6 is open until tomorrow evening: http://alpacafarmtrivia.herokuapp.com/quizzes/1244

Recap from Mystery Quiz #5: http://thefinalwager.co/2016/04/26/myst ... xperiment/


You've already defused one of my nitpicks (the starting with ROY). But let me point out the other one:

Image

Hey, look, it's a horse race. But look, the picture is playfully showing a "B" ... therefore, I'm gonna be a clever little detective and determine this isn't the Kentucky Derby, it must be the Belmont Stakes! And hey, I remember reading a thing where they changed the "drink" a few times for the Belmont and one of them for a while was a color name: White Carnation! Now that the pattern isn't ROY G BIV like I thought, why can't it be that color?!

You really think I was gonna notice "twin spires" before the "B"?!?! What the @#%@ word does the "B" start on that glass, anyway?
User avatar
MitchO
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
 
Posts: 802
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:19 am

Re: Alpaca Farm quizzes

Postby econgator » Sun May 01, 2016 5:11 pm

MitchO wrote:You really think I was gonna notice "twin spires" before the "B"?!?! What the @#%@ word does the "B" start on that glass, anyway?


Hint: not a word. ;)
User avatar
econgator
Let's Go Mets!
 
Posts: 6596
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:32 am

Re: Alpaca Farm quizzes

Postby Vermonter » Sun May 01, 2016 5:53 pm

econgator wrote:
MitchO wrote:You really think I was gonna notice "twin spires" before the "B"?!?! What the @#%@ word does the "B" start on that glass, anyway?


Hint: not a word. ;)

The ugliest "B" I've ever seen?
Hate bad wagering? Me too. Join me at The Final Wager.
User avatar
Vermonter
2003 College Champion
 
Posts: 1851
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:57 pm

Re: Alpaca Farm quizzes

Postby Volante » Sun May 01, 2016 6:02 pm

MitchO wrote:You really think I was gonna notice "twin spires" before the "B"?!?! What the @#%@ word does the "B" start on that glass, anyway?

How much of that post is serious?... Cause I don't get a B at all from that.
User avatar
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur
 
Posts: 4689
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:42 pm

Re: Alpaca Farm quizzes

Postby MitchO » Sun May 01, 2016 7:32 pm

Volante wrote:
MitchO wrote:You really think I was gonna notice "twin spires" before the "B"?!?! What the @#%@ word does the "B" start on that glass, anyway?

How much of that post is serious?... Cause I don't get a B at all from that.


I was serious. I'm guessing from all the replies that it's 13, but seriously ... I see a "B" there. Especially considering one of the biggest horse races is the Belmont Stakes.
User avatar
MitchO
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
 
Posts: 802
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:19 am

Re: Alpaca Farm quizzes

Postby Vermonter » Sun May 01, 2016 7:34 pm

MitchO wrote:
Volante wrote:
MitchO wrote:You really think I was gonna notice "twin spires" before the "B"?!?! What the @#%@ word does the "B" start on that glass, anyway?

How much of that post is serious?... Cause I don't get a B at all from that.


I was serious. I'm guessing from all the replies that it's 13, but seriously ... I see a "B" there. Especially considering one of the biggest horse races is the Belmont Stakes.

What letter do you think follows "B" there?
Hate bad wagering? Me too. Join me at The Final Wager.
User avatar
Vermonter
2003 College Champion
 
Posts: 1851
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:57 pm

Re: Alpaca Farm quizzes

Postby MitchO » Sun May 01, 2016 7:36 pm

Vermonter wrote:
MitchO wrote:
Volante wrote:
MitchO wrote:You really think I was gonna notice "twin spires" before the "B"?!?! What the @#%@ word does the "B" start on that glass, anyway?

How much of that post is serious?... Cause I don't get a B at all from that.


I was serious. I'm guessing from all the replies that it's 13, but seriously ... I see a "B" there. Especially considering one of the biggest horse races is the Belmont Stakes.

What letter do you think follows "B" there?


You mean that tiny curved piece of blue after the theoretical "B"? The part that could be, like, almost any letter in the alphabet in a logo? It certainly could be the bottom left corner of an E ...

I don't know what to tell you guys. Make fun of me if you must, but I highly doubt I'm the only person in the world who mistook a stylized 13 for a B.
User avatar
MitchO
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
 
Posts: 802
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:19 am

PreviousNext

Return to Game Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], immaf and 10 guests