Friday, January 15, 2016 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

John Boy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Friday, January 15, 2016 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by John Boy »

Category 13 wrote:
There have been a high number of unsavory wagers from 2nd place in the last several weeks. That should be a cue for our drinking game.
How about unsavory wagers in the last several DECADES? If we drank when that happened, we'd all need rehab by this point.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

Hi, hi, I'm here don't worry! (Interestingly, I knew the FJ category was something about flags based on a few tweets I received (I didn't get the clue spoiled at all though) and this morning someone at a conference I was at asked me a flag protocol question). And yes, I had time to read the clue, get the answer, press a button on my remote that skips ahead 30 seconds *then* write down the answer (although abbreviating "Republic" as "Rep.") before the music finished. Is that what's defined as an "insta-insta-get", Myron?
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
thenextofken

Post by thenextofken »

The "religious order" part of the clue made FJ an instaget for me. I couldn't imagine what else it might be.

Would they accept "Valentine's Day Massacre" without the "Saint" at the beginning, or would that have triggered a BMS from Alex?
goatman
Man Who Stares At Goats!

Post by goatman »

42R. Instaget FJ. LT: "Thrive (T-v); Valentine's Day Massacre (OMG! TS?!? COME ON, REALLY!?!); Sibelius (FACEPALM... REALLY!?); The House of 7 Gables (Okay, admittedly more challenging clue!), but Robert GODDARD, Father of Rocketry?! Again a TS?!; Bali. Good Get: Credit to Amelia for pulling "St John the Divine" cathedral with largest Rose Window in NYC from her rabbit-hat, NHOI! :o

IMHO "Val Day Massacre" would be ACC :)
The corridors of my mind are plastered with 3M Post-It notes!
davey

Post by davey »

thenextofken wrote: Would they accept "Valentine's Day Massacre" without the "Saint" at the beginning, or would that have triggered a BMS from Alex?
Of course, it's the same thing.