Does anyone outside this board care about your trivia knowledge?

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

konstava
Contributor

Re: Does anyone outside this board care about your trivia knowledge?

Post by konstava »

Several times in this thread there was a mentioning of possibility to earn a few dollars on the side by writting questons.

Can someone suggest the companies (or tV Shows, Schools, etc) that pay for the good questions. Ideally, can you provide a few links to the pages on their websites with explaination of questions submitting process, fees, types of questions.

I am hoping that trivia fans here would know at least a few & could share some real experience with they had with these companies.

Thank you,

Konstantin
Last edited by konstava on Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

konstava wrote:Several times in this thread there was a mentioning of possibility to earn a few dollars on the side by writting questons.

Can someone suggest the companies (or tV Shows, Schools, etc) that pay for the good questions. Ideally, can you provide a few links to the pages on their websites with explaination of questions submitting process, fees, types of questions.

I am hoping that trivia fans here would know at least a few.

Thank you,

Konstantin
I am hoping that somebody smart enough to write trivia questions would be smart enough to do his own research and find his own answers.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
konstava
Contributor

Post by konstava »

Brian, why do people have message boards, social media, etc.? To talk, to share interests, to ask questions.

There is a difference between a dry Google search and talking to real people who are interested in the subject and might share some real experience.
OSXpert
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by OSXpert »

konstava wrote:Brian, why do people have message boards, social media, etc.? To talk, to share interests, to ask questions.

There is a difference between a dry Google search and talking to real people who are interested in the subject and might share some real experience.
Someone already pointed you to such a link earlier in this thread, so I would start there.

Also, I think when many (most?) of your posts on this board have been about asking people to help you research starting a business, you're going to have trouble getting people to be very excited about it. I only have a couple hundred posts on the board and I don't feel like I've contributed enough to the community to ask for their support on a project/product. In a couple thousand posts from now, maybe I'll ask people to check out my band's new song on proper Final Jeopardy wagering, but until then...
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

OSXpert wrote:In a couple thousand posts from now, maybe I'll ask people to check out my band's new song on proper Final Jeopardy wagering, but until then...
Now, that I would be interested in. But I wouldn't think you need to wait another couple of thousand posts.

I cannot say things as eloquently as you did in this most recent post, so my apologies if I come across as condescending or sarcastic, but, seriously, Konstantin has not posted once in any thread that he didn't start. He has disagreed with almost everybody who has pointed out reality to him. And...

Wait a second! I've never seen him and mbclev online at the same time...

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
OSXpert

Post by OSXpert »

bpmod wrote:
OSXpert wrote:In a couple thousand posts from now, maybe I'll ask people to check out my band's new song on proper Final Jeopardy wagering, but until then...
Now, that I would be interested in. But I wouldn't think you need to wait another couple of thousand posts.
"Please listen to this musical lecture
On the ins and outs of Shore's Conjecture..."
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

OSXpert wrote:
konstava wrote:Brian, why do people have message boards, social media, etc.? To talk, to share interests, to ask questions.

Someone already pointed you to such a link earlier in this thread, so I would start there.

Also, I think when many (most?) of your posts on this board have been about asking people to help you research starting a business, you're going to have trouble getting people to be very excited about it. I only have a couple hundred posts on the board and I don't feel like I've contributed enough to the community to ask for their support on a project/product. In a couple thousand posts from now, maybe I'll ask people to check out my band's new song on proper Final Jeopardy wagering, but until then...
This must mean, as the user with the biggest post count, that I'm the king of the board! I can get you guys to do anything for me! Muahahaha!

(Although, seriousing it up a bit, that only happened once when I ran my GoFundMe to help with my expenses when I got The Email. And that wasn't even announced to the board by me - because I didnt think I was established enough in the community to ask! So, yeah.)
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
Vermonter
2003 College Champion

Post by Vermonter »

FireAntsDefense wrote:"There's a daily cash prize of $1000 and" you know the rest
dollars. DOLLARS? dollars!
Hate bad wagering? Me too. Join me at The Final Wager.
whoisalexjacob
2015 TOC'er

Post by whoisalexjacob »

konstava wrote:There is no mechanism in this world where we can exchange our type of knowledge for a reward every day, like lawyers or doctors do.

Just imagine for a second if there was.

Funny thing is, this actually exists now, it's called FleetWit. They run a freeroll every Sunday night (8:30 ET) and they have paid games on most other days.

https://goo.gl/rmXC2D
SweepingDeveloper
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by SweepingDeveloper »

I just got started enrolling in the School of Koryat when it comes to Jeopardy! training (and the next team trivia night), and I can tell you that if nothing else comes of it, at least it fills your head with stuff that doesn't make you instantly anxious. Really, is it a life or death situation to know the state nicknames of California and Nevada?
MattKnowles
selwonKttaM

Post by MattKnowles »

whoisalexjacob wrote:

Funny thing is, this actually exists now, it's called FleetWit. They run a freeroll every Sunday night (8:30 ET) and they have paid games on most other days.
Thanks. I didn't know about FleetWit before you posted it. I'm not holding my breath for the cash prizes but this website has a bunch of trivia quizzes which are interactive and similar to the material on Jeopardy! Ken Jennings seems to write a lot of the quizzes and he is posting the free one tomorrow night.
DCrawshawJr wrote: Really, is it a life or death situation to know the state nicknames of California and Nevada?
Is somebody holding you hostage and asking you trivia questions? Blink twice for yes.
I had a dream that I was asleep and then I woke up and Jeopardy! was on.
SweepingDeveloper
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by SweepingDeveloper »

(One blink) "Au.....Ag....."
OSXpert

Post by OSXpert »

MattKnowles wrote: Thanks. I didn't know about FleetWit before you posted it. I'm not holding my breath for the cash prizes but this website has a bunch of trivia quizzes which are interactive and similar to the material on Jeopardy! Ken Jennings seems to write a lot of the quizzes and he is posting the free one tomorrow night.
I have won $25 on FleetWit so far without buying any credits - they have a free contest every Sunday, and luckily its not too hard for people with middling skill (read: me) to get decent places for the moment. The more people that join, though...