Big Bang Theory Poll

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Which Big Bang Theory character are you most like?

Amy Farrah Fowler
6%
Bernadette
1%
Howard
1%
Leonard
31%
Penny
4%
Rajesh
10%
Sheldon
15%
No Idea What You're Talking About
30%

Total votes: 67

alietr
Site Admin

Big Bang Theory Poll

Post by alietr »

I hate to disrupt the TOC proceedings, but I've been watching a lot (too much) of Big Bang Theory lately, and I'm curious as to who people feel they are most like. Have at it! (I answered Leonard.)
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Re: Big Bang Theory Poll

Post by dhkendall »

alietr wrote:I hate to disrupt the TOC proceedings, but I've been watching a lot (too much) of Big Bang Theory lately, and I'm curious as to who people feel they are most like. Have at it!
You're asking two separate questions here: the poll says "which character do you most closely resemble, implying a physical similarity - with my tall, rail- thin stature and spindly arms, I'd be Sheldon. However "who you feel [you] are the most like" implies a behavioural closeness, and with my incessant pedantry and show-off-ness, and obstinance in the face of contradicting proofs ... also puts me in the Sheldon camp actually (although there's a fair bit of reasonable, shy, level-headed Leonard in there too; but there's zero physical resemblance between me and Leonard, save the glasses.)

You should probably correct this, or my inner Sheldon will pester you until you do.

*knock* *knock* *knock* Andy! *knock* *knock* *knock* Andy! *knock* *knock* *knock* Andy!
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Fixed. And this may induce me to figuring out how to be able to display how people responded in a poll.
Suze
Jeopardy! Contestant

Post by Suze »

I thrive on cheesy innuendo and I live with my mom. I'm totally a Wolowitz.
Rex Kramer
Jeopardy! TOCer

Post by Rex Kramer »

This would be a much more interesting poll if you were asking us to name which other Boardies or contestants most resembled each of the characters. :)

Rex (don't look at me; I most resemble Walker, Texas Ranger)
pinkfreud
Jeopardy! Contestant

Post by pinkfreud »

Except for the fact that I am happily married (to a nerd, of course), I am an Amy Farrah Fowler all the way.
billiej
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by billiej »

I picked Leonard, kinda nerdy but can pose as relatively "normal" when need be.
reddpen
Thrice Unplucked from the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by reddpen »

Suze wrote:I thrive on cheesy innuendo and I live with my mom. I'm totally a Wolowitz.
innuendo? isn't that the Italian word for
Spoiler
anal sex
?

Haven't seen enough of the show to offer a useful response...
In and out of the pool four times
heelsrule1988
Sports Jeopardy! Alum/VVL #19

Post by heelsrule1988 »

Rex Kramer wrote:Rex (don't look at me; I most resemble Walker, Texas Ranger)
Rex Kramer doesn't read books. He stares them down until he gets the information that he wants.
Peggles
Grand Exalted Queen of the Universe

Post by Peggles »

Rex Kramer wrote:This would be a much more interesting poll if you were asking us to name which other Boardies or contestants most resembled each of the characters. :)

Hmmm...I would have said Elliot Ness.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

Peggles wrote:
Rex Kramer wrote:This would be a much more interesting poll if you were asking us to name which other Boardies or contestants most resembled each of the characters. :)

Hmmm...I would have said Elliot Ness.
Or maybe just Nessie? :D
code65536
Contributor

Post by code65536 »

I have met someone before who was very Sheldon-like. He used precise language with word choice and terminology that was fairly formal. He was pedantic and had a bit of OCD. He had some of the same mannerisms. Oh, and he was a physicist. :) (as for me, I think I'm a Leonard)
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Me? I'm curious as to who answered Penny.
Case
Jeopardy! Contestant

Post by Case »

I cringe when I notice how very much like Amy Farrah Fowler I am. Painfully true, but it makes me laugh. I don't look like her, but the things she says are awfully familiar.
boson
Trivial

Post by boson »

I'm a phyics professor who likes Jeopardy, science fiction and computer games. They resemble ME.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

And while we're on the topic of television shows, I saw an old How I Met Your Mother last night in which Alex makes a cameo as host of "Millionaire Heads or Tails" and gets hit in the eye with a flipped coin.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

alietr wrote:And while we're on the topic of television shows, I saw an old How I Met Your Mother last night in which Alex makes a cameo as host of "Millionaire Heads or Tails" and gets hit in the eye with a flipped coin.
Not that old, I remember when we were informed about it on the Sony boards, I think it aired in December, 2010.

And, while we're on the topic, I think it'd be cool to see three of the guys on an in-show version of Jeopardy (like the famous "Cheers" episode), but it'd be too much like the one where they were on the physics bowl team (my favourite episode to date. "Yes. He tawt he taw a Romulan.")
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
HugoZ
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by HugoZ »

Never really got into the show in primetime; have been catching off and on now that it's in syndication.

Somehow, it doesn't really do much for me, and I used to be a Physics major at CMU. * **

To me, it seems like it's too often guilty of "gratuitious use of geek culture/technical jargon". Same reason I don't like Michael Crichton.

* Hmm...maybe "used to be" is the key phrase.

** For Joon's and anyone else's benefit, it was the two weeks of deriving equations for damped harmonic oscillators *** on MWF, along with Lorentz Transformations on TuTh that did me in.

*** Yer basic swinging saloon doors, as an example
debramc
Iced Mare Grub

Post by debramc »

Looks like I'm the first Bernadette. Though I have aspects of Amy & Leonard as well. And when I was a lot younger I did have trouble talking to the opposite sex without being under the influence of alcohol, but that's my only Raj-quality. And I got over it.
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Post by trainman »

I'm somewhere in between "no idea what you're talking about" and actually being able to pick a character -- I've only seen one episode of "Big Bang Theory" (the episode from a few years back in which they're taking the train up to San Francisco).