Wednesday, June 22, 2016 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

bpmod
Rank

Re: Wednesday, June 22, 2016 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by bpmod »

Elijah Baley wrote:I think Winston Churchill may have had a quote or two about the UK's geographical status:

We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Really!? Churchill said that? I thought it was somebody from Supertramp.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
BigDaddyMatty
Hoping not to get pruney this time

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

opusthepenguin wrote:
Elijah Baley wrote:The U.K. Is to mainland Europe as Hawaii is to mainland North America.
Give or take a couple thousand miles and a connecting tunnel.
What? You've never driven the Pacunnel? How do you think all those cars with Hawaii plates make it over here?
Sprinkles are for winners.
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

BigDaddyMatty wrote:
opusthepenguin wrote:
Elijah Baley wrote:The U.K. Is to mainland Europe as Hawaii is to mainland North America.
What? You've never driven the Pacunnel? How do you think all those cars with Hawaii plates make it over here?
I keep telling everybody that Hawaii is the one (the only) US state that I will never drive to. I guess I'll have to rethink that.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
BigDaddyMatty
Hoping not to get pruney this time

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

bpmod wrote:
BigDaddyMatty wrote:
opusthepenguin wrote:
I keep telling everybody that Hawaii is the one (the only) US state that I will never drive to. I guess I'll have to rethink that.

Brian
Unfortunately, the Pacunnel does not accommodate school buses. It's not a size issue so much as that yellow scares the fish.
Sprinkles are for winners.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

BigDaddyMatty wrote:
bpmod wrote:
BigDaddyMatty wrote:
opusthepenguin wrote:

Brian
Unfortunately, the Pacunnel does not accommodate school buses. It's not a size issue so much as that yellow scares the fish.
Pffft. That's ridiculous. There are no fish in the Pacunnel.
MitchO
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MitchO »

BigDaddyMatty wrote:
opusthepenguin wrote:
When my son was younger, I kept a US State Map in the pocket of the car so he could mark off seeing plates from other states. We saw an Alaska at our Boy Scouts camp. He was in the car with his mother when he called me, all excited, just to tell me they saw a Hawaiian plate. Our theory was that it was usually a military person, since they pay for your relocation and that's the only time someone would bother to actually bring their car, with the plates, back to the mainland and over to the east coast.

Never did get Wyoming.
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

MitchO wrote:When my son was younger, I kept a US State Map in the pocket of the car so he could mark off seeing plates from other states. We saw an Alaska at our Boy Scouts camp. He was in the car with his mother when he called me, all excited, just to tell me they saw a Hawaiian plate. Our theory was that it was usually a military person, since they pay for your relocation and that's the only time someone would bother to actually bring their car, with the plates, back to the mainland and over to the east coast.
I don't know what the big deal is. Hawaii doesn't look that hard to get to. It's just southwest of Texas, superimposed over Mexico in a geographical region called Inset.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

opusthepenguin wrote:
MitchO wrote:When my son was younger, I kept a US State Map in the pocket of the car so he could mark off seeing plates from other states. We saw an Alaska at our Boy Scouts camp. He was in the car with his mother when he called me, all excited, just to tell me they saw a Hawaiian plate. Our theory was that it was usually a military person, since they pay for your relocation and that's the only time someone would bother to actually bring their car, with the plates, back to the mainland and over to the east coast.
I don't know what the big deal is. Hawaii doesn't look that hard to get to. It's just southwest of Texas, superimposed over Mexico in a geographical region called Inset.
And why is Alaska so cold when it's just south of LA?
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

dhkendall wrote:
opusthepenguin wrote:I don't know what the big deal is. Hawaii doesn't look that hard to get to. It's just southwest of Texas, superimposed over Mexico in a geographical region called Inset.
And why is Alaska so cold when it's just south of LA?
Because it's in the mountains. Duh!