Tuesday, October 4, 2016 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

hbomb1947
Still hoping to get on Jeopardy! while my age is in double digits

Re: Tuesday, October 4, 2016 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by hbomb1947 »

BigDaddyMatty wrote:
Am I the only one who resents Seth's still being champion after he clearly lost the game to the roller derby chick?
"Resents" is a strong word, and I don't think any hostility towards Seth is warranted. Yes, that game was gift-wrapped for Seth with a bow, but that's not his fault. And to his credit, he has won at least five more games after that.
Follow me on twitter, even though I rarely tweet! https://twitter.com/hbomb_worldwide
buckeyebrain
Valued Contributor

Post by buckeyebrain »

TenPoundHammer wrote: NHO "Miss Peach" though I'm quite familiar with many comics, including "Momma".
I grew up in Toledo, and the Toledo Blade's daily paper would throw entertainment news/tv and movie listings/light stuff in a section of peach-colored paper called, appropriately enough, the Peach Section. And they'd print Miss Peach in that section instead of in the regular comics page.
dinghammer
No Relation

Post by dinghammer »

TECH TOOL $800: "In 2016 Dag Kittlaus demoed Viv, which will make this virtual assistant Dag co-created look like a brain-damaged chipmunk"

Am I the only one who said "Clippy?" It was mostly a joke, but I also couldn't think of any other virtual assistant that looked like anything to begin with.
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Post by trainman »

buckeyebrain wrote:I grew up in Toledo, and the Toledo Blade's daily paper would throw entertainment news/tv and movie listings/light stuff in a section of peach-colored paper called, appropriately enough, the Peach Section. And they'd print Miss Peach in that section instead of in the regular comics page.
The San Francisco Chronicle for years printed their sports section on green paper, calling it the Sporting Green -- but I'm blanking on comic strips with "green" in the name that would have been appropriate to put there.
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

trainman wrote:
buckeyebrain wrote:I grew up in Toledo, and the Toledo Blade's daily paper would throw entertainment news/tv and movie listings/light stuff in a section of peach-colored paper called, appropriately enough, the Peach Section. And they'd print Miss Peach in that section instead of in the regular comics page.
The San Francisco Chronicle for years printed their sports section on green paper, calling it the Sporting Green -- but I'm blanking on comic strips with "green" in the name that would have been appropriate to put there.
They still do although there was a time they tried doing away with it and going to white. Readers were not happy. The compromise is the inside pages have a little bit of green for some titles and the rest is white.

morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

Sad to see Ben go back to $400 in British History from $800, when the DD was sitting in the $1200 position. Sad that his last name is 'Wynns'. He started off strong but lost his rhythm after a few negs. Good player and a fellow New Yorker, sorry to see him fall.

100% adjustment and surprised allowance was, er, allowed.

Don't like how Seth keeps glancing at the scoreboard. Just play the game.

Oh, Joe!