Secret Bunker News

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Re: Secret Bunker News

Post by Bamaman »

I hate to ask this as I may be the only one who had today's episode pre-emptied. But could you post it in your personal fortress of solitude?
TreeOfHeaven
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by TreeOfHeaven »

Bamaman wrote:I hate to ask this as I may be the only one who had today's episode pre-emptied. But could you post it in your personal fortress of solitude?
Seconding the request.
Hippest of the square, and squarest among the hip...
JLJ
Valued Contributor

Post by JLJ »

Bamaman wrote:I hate to ask this as I may be the only one who had today's episode pre-emptied. But could you post it in your personal fortress of solitude?
My local air time specifically conflicted with the express terms of the 20th Amendment to the United States Constitution, so you are certainly not alone.
I'm living proof to show that a good attitude, a Southern accent, a ridiculous beard, and a middling amount of trivia knowledge can get you onto Jeopardy!
rmfromfla
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by rmfromfla »

No pre-emptions here around Dothan today - the NBC affiliate went back to local programming at 4; Panama City stuck with the parade -- and then things got wacky: they came in at 4:45, ran first round & then cut to final; then for a 3rd helping of today's show, their subchannel ran that in place of the daytime rerun at 5PM (need a nap!) :shock:
Last edited by rmfromfla on Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

JLJ wrote:
My local air time specifically conflicted with the express terms of the 20th Amendment to the United States Constitution, so you are certainly not alone.
Clearly the Constitution needs amending.
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

The 3:30 showing was all inaugural stuff, but the 7 o'clock came through. And that all turned out to be irrelevant because I had a backup option from a secret admirer. It's uploading now and should be available in less than an hour.
TreeOfHeaven
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by TreeOfHeaven »

opusthepenguin wrote:The 3:30 showing was all inaugural stuff, but the 7 o'clock came through. And that all turned out to be irrelevant because I had a backup option from a secret admirer. It's uploading now and should be available in less than an hour.
YAY!!!!
ElendilPickle
ToC Enabler

Post by ElendilPickle »

If anyone is able to upload today's Millionaire show, featuring our very own pdano, I'd appreciate it.
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

ElendilPickle wrote:If anyone is able to upload today's Millionaire show, featuring our very own pdano, I'd appreciate it.
I'll try to get to that tomorrow.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
TreeOfHeaven
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by TreeOfHeaven »

rmfromfla wrote:No pre-emptions here around Dothan today - the NBC affiliate went back to local programming at 4; Panama City stuck with the parade -- and then things got wacky: they came in at 4:45, ran first round & then cut to final; then for a 3rd helping of today's show, their subchannel ran that in place of the daytime rerun at 5PM (need a nap!) :shock:
In Madison (also an NBC affiliate), 4pm local news started like normal before going back to the parade right away. 4:45, NBC went back to the affiliates, and J! was already in progress (about halfway through Double). I was still at work (at a cable company, of course) and exhausted - and mad - until I realized that I'd at least see Final! Still wanting the total package, though, since their subchannels stuck with regularly scheduled...
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

ElendilPickle wrote:If anyone is able to upload today's Millionaire show, featuring our very own pdano, I'd appreciate it.
[cross-posted]

It is currently uploading to here in HD (about 300MB), and here in SD (about 80MB).

It should be finished within about ten minutes if nothing goes wrong.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
Fugefan
Just Starting Out on JBoard

Post by Fugefan »

Long time lurker, record and watch daily, read comments when time permits. Created an account to say thanks for the secret bunker. Didn't know this existed, and it was a big help on Inauguration day! Also went back and caught Thanksgiving Day. Thanks again.
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

Fugefan wrote:Long time lurker, record and watch daily, read comments when time permits. Created an account to say thanks for the secret bunker. Didn't know this existed, and it was a big help on Inauguration day! Also went back and caught Thanksgiving Day. Thanks again.
Happy to help!
PowerofHoodoo
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by PowerofHoodoo »

I just availed myself of the Secret Bunker for the first time. Friday's show was pre-empted by inaugural coverage. It worked great.

Thank you, Opus.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

PowerofHoodoo wrote:I just availed myself of the Secret Bunker for the first time. Friday's show was pre-empted by inaugural coverage. It worked great.

Thank you, Opus.
He really is the best darn penguin on the whole JBoard!
BigDaddyMatty
Hoping not to get pruney this time

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

Opus, if you have the bandwidth--literally and figuratively--I'd appreciate uploads for the games of 1/23-2/1. Also, I don't have deets for the current bunker(s) of record. You da bird. Thanks.
Sprinkles are for winners.
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

Today's game is up. It's slightly lower quality than usual because I don't get my new shipment of megabytes until tomorrow. I uploaded yesterday's game yesterday but didn't announce it. Matty, I PM'ed you the URL and password.
BigDaddyMatty
Hoping not to get pruney this time

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

opusthepenguin wrote:Today's game is up. It's slightly lower quality than usual because I don't get my new shipment of megabytes until tomorrow. I uploaded yesterday's game yesterday but didn't announce it. Matty, I PM'ed you the URL and password.
Thank you very much. I must be missing something, though. The most recent game I can see is that of 1/20. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Sprinkles are for winners.
JLJ
Valued Contributor

Post by JLJ »

Fugefan wrote:Long time lurker, record and watch daily, read comments when time permits. Created an account to say thanks for the secret bunker. Didn't know this existed, and it was a big help on Inauguration day! Also went back and caught Thanksgiving Day. Thanks again.
Did you notice the bald idiot with the beard in the middle spot on the Thanksgiving show? How did they let him on there?
I'm living proof to show that a good attitude, a Southern accent, a ridiculous beard, and a middling amount of trivia knowledge can get you onto Jeopardy!
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

BigDaddyMatty wrote:
opusthepenguin wrote:Today's game is up. It's slightly lower quality than usual because I don't get my new shipment of megabytes until tomorrow. I uploaded yesterday's game yesterday but didn't announce it. Matty, I PM'ed you the URL and password.
Thank you very much. I must be missing something, though. The most recent game I can see is that of 1/20. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Yeah, you were looking where I told you to look rather than where they actually were! Dummy!

I uploaded the games but forgot to add them to the J! Games album. So they were invisible to you. I've added them to the album. They should be visible now. :oops: