FJs for the 10/10/16 week

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Which FJ! clues did you solve correctly for the 10/10/16 week?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:47 pm

One of his addresses used the term "security shield" about international affairs as well as "golden years"
68%
The world's busiest container port, its name is also an English verb with criminal overtones
70%
The first line of its state song, "Eight stars of gold on a field of blue", refers to the star group on its flag
75%
In 2005 he lost for Best Actor but won for directing, at 74 becoming the oldest winner ever in that category
88%
This character says, "Let me then tow to pieces, while still chasing thee, though tied to thee"
59%
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I checked all five above.
26%
:( :( :( :( :( I missed all the FJ! clues.
1%
ONE-WORD FILM TITLES $600 (DD): Ice Cube gave rise to a catchphrase with the dismissive "Bye, Felicia" in this 1995 comedy
37%
CHICKEN DINNER $800: The name of this spicy Chinese chicken & peanut dish is believed to derive from a Sichuan official
37%
STATE YOUR CASE $2000: A case regarding the Voting Rights Act in 2013 pitted Shelby County of this state vs. Holder
23%
Franklin Roosevelt or Dwight Eisenhower was my incorrect guess for the Monday FJ! clue.
20%
I was correct with Clint Eastwood for the Thursday FJ! clue although I had the wrong film in mind.
26%
I have seen the movie "Million Dollar Baby."
34%
THE CHINA DEPARTMENT $2000: In 2013 China's head of this protection said it was one of the world's "4 major embarrassing departments" - I was correct with Environment(al).
24%
I have read "Moby Dick" and/or seen a film/TV adaptation of the novel.
37%

Total votes: 122

BobF
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: FJs for the 10/10/16 week

Post by BobF »

I could have checked off a box that said "I was correct with Clint Eastwood, even though I didn't have the slightest idea which movie, just that he is an actor-director and is about the right age.
Was once hugged by Maggie Speak!
Spaceman Spiff
One-and-done J! Champ (and proud of it!)

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Does watching "ST: The Wrath of Khan" or "ST: First Contact" count as watching a movie adaptation of Moby Dick?
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:Does watching "ST: The Wrath of Khan" or "ST: First Contact" count as watching a movie adaptation of Moby Dick?
No. Neither one includes a four hour sequence on the nuances of skinning whales and boiling down the blubber.
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
davey
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by davey »

The Classics Illustrated version should count though, I know it thrilled me years before I was ready to read the book.
https://www.amazon.com/Moby-Classics-Il ... +moby+dick
BigDaddyMatty
Hoping not to get pruney this time

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

:( :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

FDR Monday
No get on environmental protection
I have neither read nor seen Moby Dick
Sprinkles are for winners.
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

Volante wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:Does watching "ST: The Wrath of Khan" or "ST: First Contact" count as watching a movie adaptation of Moby Dick?
No. Neither one includes a four hour sequence on the nuances of skinning whales and boiling down the blubber.
Moby-Dick is certainly an odd duck of a novel. I was particularly struck by the Cetology Chapter, in which Melville relates the best information of the day about whales. Personally, I enjoyed the read, but I do have a noted fondness for times. :mrgreen:
heelsrule1988
Sports Jeopardy! Alum/VVL #19

Post by heelsrule1988 »

:( :( :( :mrgreen: :(
:( :( :(