Random questions from an aspiring contestant

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

lincoln23
Contributor

Re: Random questions from an aspiring contestant

Post by lincoln23 »

Regarding #4: At the last online test, I don't think Jeopardy even asked which audition city you'd prefer. At one point a few months ago the web site said they weren't going to ask anymore, but would invite people based on their zip code. (I just checked, and that explanation is no longer there, though it may well be true.)

I've tried in the past to vary what city I ask for an audition at. That hasn't worked. Theoretically, you could put down any zip code you want. You'd have to hope you guessed correctly where they were going soon, be willing to go wherever they invited you, and have an answer for why, let's say, your zip code said Oklahoma and your paperwork that day says Florida.

Not sure that's a great strategy, but if other strategies aren't working at all I guess it might not be worse.
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

I found it hard to sleep the nights before my tape dates, too, but sleep aids would have made me groggy and dulled my reaction time.

IANAL (in California, anyway--yet), but according to this webpage, "using beta blockers without a prescription may be considered a violation of law and can lead to criminal consequences like fines or even jail time ... distributing beta blockers without authorization can lead to very serious federal criminal charges, since most prescription medicines are considered to be controlled substances. This means that a person should not give beta blockers to friends or accept them from peers."
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

Robert K S wrote:IANAL (in California, anyway--yet), but according to this webpage, "using beta blockers without a prescription may be considered a violation of law and can lead to criminal consequences like fines or even jail time ... distributing beta blockers without authorization can lead to very serious federal criminal charges, since most prescription medicines are considered to be controlled substances. This means that a person should not give beta blockers to friends or accept them from peers."
yikes! I didn't know bbs were a recreational drug! It would actually be easier for me to get these drugs with a Rx- don't know anyone taking them. Most likely I would take a fractional dose of xanax or klonopin and cut my morning caffeine in half.