jeopardy archives

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, dhkendall, trainman, econgator

jeopardy archives

Postby dhall60 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:21 am

Does anyone know why the archives haven't been updated in some time? With all the game interruptions I figure people would like to see the questions.
dhall60

Re: jeopardy archives

Postby Rafferty Barnes » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:48 am

I don't know the answer. Your question did lead me to visit j-archive, and I was quite touched by their memorial for Cindy Stowell.
Rafferty Barnes
Jeopardy! Champion

Postby Golf » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:41 am

Because all the archivists are unpaid volunteers and life sometimes gets in the way. Knowing the dedication of the people involved, the games will be up as soon as humanly possible.
Golf
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Postby BobF » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:57 pm

Also, the archivists could very well be facing the same game interruptions that you are.
Just finished my second swim in the Jeopardy! contestant pool. :-(
BobF

Postby dhkendall » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:35 pm

Golf wrote:Because all the archivists are unpaid volunteers and life sometimes gets in the way. Knowing the dedication of the people involved, the games will be up as soon as humanly possible.

This. I personally haven't been able to have time to archive for about two years now. And I haven't heard of many jumping in to replace people like me.

If you do have time to archive and you're an established member of the community give Robert KS a jingle, the way to get games archived is to volunteer to help instead of wondering why no one is.
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Postby JayK33 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:33 pm

I too wouldn't mind helping out. A big fan of the website and I could help fill in some of the dailymotion episodes that haven't been added in yet. Recorded copies of the most recent episodes that are still missing are not something I have access to, however.
JayK33

Postby Miguel » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:52 am

I love how active the Jeopardy community is... I'm new to the boards but have love the show since I was too young to know anything, and am raising a new generation of Jeopardy fan :)

These guys/gals at j-archive are amazing. There are also some folks that put the same info into databases and APIs, which is one place the archive could be improved. I'm working on something as we speak to practice on historical clues.
Miguel
Just Starting Out on JBoard

Return to Game Discussions