Monday, December 26, 2016 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Kenny
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Monday, December 26, 2016 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by Kenny »

alietr wrote:I'm going to go ahead and say that some of the criticism here has been unnecessarily harsh. And people wonder why contestants aren't showing up as much as they used to? I understand DJ didn't go well at all, but c'mon, people, let's tone it down a bit (actually, a lot), especially with the personal attacks.
Yeah, if/when I ever make it on the show and have the unfortunate result of losing, my first thought will be, "I'm going to avoid logging onto JBoard for at least a week after this airs." No desire to experience the agony of defeat twice, along with harsh assessment here of my wagering & answering deficiencies from those with superior talent in that regard.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

We had some discussion during Cindy's run about clues and comments that were a little icky given her situation. The Terry Fox clue would have been interesting if it had popped up in her game.
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

I run marathons but NHO Terry Fox. I guess I'm stupid. Or just American. Same thing?

Just this afternoon - before watching this episode on my DVR - I was reading the Wikipedia article on Antarctica and came across the news-to-me term, "pole of inaccessibility". So when it came up on this show I was like oh! oh! I know this! I blurted out waterway, don't know what TPTB would've done with that.

My head wasn't in this game. I struggled with the EDGE and BALM categories. If I had 5 more minutes, I might've come up with vignette. Kicking myself now, because the image had French on it, and I know how vine translates to French, oh well.

As an aspiring contestant, my worst fear is that come game time, I'll just buzz in randomly - automatically - like Wren, and neg myself out of FJ.

Thought Alex was a little sassy at the end, telling the Drew Carey lookalike it was time for him to get going.