Coming Next week TD 329 My Home and Native Land

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, dhkendall, trainman, econgator

Coming Next week TD 329 My Home and Native Land

Postby macrae1234 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:01 pm

While I live in the Southwest I was born in in Canada so I have created a Canadiana TD. I have also added a new twist to this TD. Maybe the Mrs and I have been watching too many celebrity/first responder/home town heroes episodes of "Who wants to be a Millionaire". so instead of Switch the Question you will be able to Switch the Answer. In addition to Drop and Sheep you will be able to substitute a second answer from another question and get the points for that answer. You have to have answered the question it can't be a drop or a sheep.
macrae1234
Valued Contributor

Re: Coming Next week TD 329 My Home and Native Land

Postby macrae1234 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:03 pm

I almost forgot hopefully some Hoster can show me how to set up the google answer page.
macrae1234
Valued Contributor

Postby morbeedo » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:33 pm

macrae1234 wrote:I almost forgot hopefully some Hoster can show me how to set up the google answer page.

Start here: https://www.google.com/forms/about/
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Postby RandyG » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:40 pm

macrae1234 wrote:I almost forgot hopefully some Hoster can show me how to set up the google answer page.

Since this is a Canada quiz, should you ask for help from some hoster hoser instead?
"The COMPLETE GUIDE To Republican Ethics: tRump Edition" is right ===> here
RandyG
Founder of the Royal House of JBoardie of the Month

Postby macrae1234 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:14 pm

Did you know the origin of hoser is that in outdoor ice hockey before ice resurfacers, the losing team in a hockey game would have to hose down the rink after a game to make the ice smooth again. Thus the term hoser was synonymous with loser.
macrae1234
Valued Contributor

Postby Blue Lion » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:29 pm

macrae1234 wrote:Did you know the origin of hoser is that in outdoor ice hockey before ice resurfacers, the losing team in a hockey game would have to hose down the rink after a game to make the ice smooth again. Thus the term hoser was synonymous with loser.

Some years ago, CBC's "The National" newscast ran a occasional series on Canadian English. From that I learned about toques, gas bars, and bumbleberry pie--but not hosers.

Fun fact: Most cable systems in Greater Detroit (where I live) carry the CBC station from Windsor, Ontario, because "Hockey Night in Canada" is so popular around here.
Blue Lion
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Return to Game Discussions