Thursday, February 9, 2017 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Xyon
Just Starting Out on JBoard

Re: Thursday, February 9, 2017 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by Xyon »

Volante wrote:
Xyon wrote:
Maven wrote:But had an embarrassing miss of the evening...between being a fan of both classic canon Sherlock Holmes AND BBC's Sherlock, I so should have gotten Mycroft for the clue of the Sherlock version's annoyance at being called Mike. I answered Lestrade, and no, I don't know why I said that other than I guess I am so disgusted by what I've read about the just finished recent season (What were they thinking?!?!) that I pure and simply didn't wrap my head around it just right.
A few friends and I are avid Sherlock fans. Asked around and none of them got this. I guessed it only because Mike fits Mycroft and it sounds like something he'd be annoyed at. However, I am convinced this never actually happens in the show. The question plainly states BBC's Sherlock but I've seen every episode multiple times and can recall neither Mycroft being called Mike nor his being annoyed at it. I think it simply never happens in the show.
It looks like it happened (at least) once in BBC Sherlock.
S3E3: http://arianedevere.livejournal.com/68242.html
MRS HOLMES (picking up the basket): Behave, Mike.
MYCROFT: ‘Mycroft’ is the name you gave me, if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end

To Netflix!
Wow. Excellent work. 52:45 is when this exchange happens. Fantastic!